Friday 25 May 2012

Jubilee Birthday Cake

I'm off home to visit my mum this weekend, and it's sort of become tradition that when it's a birthday at home that I'll bake a cake.

So last night I made a Jubilee inspired cake for Mum, as it was her birthday this week. And I have to say I'm really pleased with how it turned out!

It's a vanilla sponge, sandwiched with blackcurrant & strawberry jams, clotted & double cream, with a 'union jack' of fruit across the top.

It is by no means slimming (clotted cream, sugar, butter etc) BUT it does have lots of lovely fresh summer fruit, :-) so not ALL bad.

At 674 calories per 8th, I think I'll be going for just half a slice! But as a lovely birthday treat I'm sure it will go down marvellously.

I got my inspiration from the GOOD TO KNOW website...

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/534321/jubilee-cake

Love Lucy xxxx