Wednesday 6 June 2012

A Right Royal Jubilee

What a lovely few days off we've just enjoyed to mark Queen Elizabeth II's 60th year as our Queen; her DIAMOND Jubilee! I love the Royal family, especially the younger generation...I get a lot of comfort & feelings of security knowing that William, Kate & Harry are the future rulers of England. I guess I'm quite patriotic & have always loved living in England...I can't imagine being anywhere else! So any excuse to celebrate our fab country & monarchy and I'll be there!

On Saturday, Liam and I joined our great friends in Watford for an awesome Jubilee party. The party was also celebrating our friends mums 59th birthday, and the joint celebrations were so much fun! We ate our weight in cake, drank pimms & sang 'God Save the Queen' until 5am!

One of the party goers Kate made an awesome Jubilee Crown Cake (below), and another, Sarah, made a fantastic Queen Pimms Jelly!! FAB! Liam and I baked more cheese muffins & iced buns, and took those along too!

We all wore Red, White and Blue in various combinations, and I wore a gorgeous ring which I inherited from my Nan, as a homage to lovely Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge's engagement ring (as mine is being resized at the moment, ready for our big day!)

We attended another Jubilee tea party on Monday, with Liam's family, and enjoyed some more delicious food and drink with great company. We took part in a Jubilee Quiz, and Liam and I WON! We were so shocked & excited! We won some diamond jubilee playing cards & gorgeous Emma Bridgewater Jubilee Chocolate coins in a little canvas bag...CUTE!!!

Following the same theme, I wanted to share with you the awesome knitted Jubilee Queen that my mum has made...she's so clever! (see below!)

Yesterday, we had our lovely friend Colleen over for lunch, and we cooked homemade pesto with pasta, cherry tomatoes & grilled chicken, a big Greek salad, and Liam made from scratch some AMAZING olive & feta tear 'n' share bread...it was SCRUMMY!!!! Then I had made a big strawberry and raspberry pavlova for dessert! Yum!

Despite all of the naughty food over the bank holiday, I somehow still managed to lose 2lbs, and so I have finally reached my 4 STONE loss! :-) So happy with that, and proud that it's come off slowly and steadily over the past 9 months. So I have reached my initial goal, and now have 3 weeks until my dress fitting to hopefully shift a few more pounds.

No more cake for me then! :-)

Happy Jubilee everyone!

Lucy xxxx