Thursday 30 May 2013

UPDATE POST: 27 Things To Do in The Year I Turn 27.

Hi all!

I just thought I'd write a little update post on my '27 Things To Do In The Year I Turn 27' goals...I'm getting there, and have completed over half in 5 months, so not too bad.

1. Make Scotch eggs from scratch - made, and devoured!
2. Go to an authentic American Brunch - All done, and it was scrummy!
3. Have an afternoon shopping session at St Pancras Int - all done, and no doubt I'll find the time to shop there some more this year. Sorry bank balance!
4. See Wicked the musical again  - all done, and its still fun and fab.
5. Visit Cornwall  - we had a lovely weeks holiday in Looe, Cornwall back in the Easter Holidays...

Looe in Cornwall
the view from our appartment

Polperro in Cornwall
the lovely fishing village, Polperro

Looe Harbour Cornwall
 Wonderful Looe

The Eden Project Cornwall
The Eden Project

Cornishware cup and saucer
Gorgeous Cornishware miniature cup and saucer for Baby Bishop, bought from Daisy's Cafe, Looe, Cornwall.
6. Hold a Superbowl Gathering/Party - all done, was great fun!
7. Learn to Crotchet - done! :-)
8. Finish off knitting and sewing projects  - I have managed to finish a pair of cushions, a tote bag, and a knitted baby blanket and I have sewn my reversible changing mat.
9. Join the Clandestine Cake Club & go to various events  - I am now a regular attendee of CCC meets, and loving it!
10. Visit drinkshopdo  - all done and I LOVED it!
11.  Join in with Bedford’s ‘Cash Mob’  - all done.
12. Go to Claridges for afternoon tea - I'm still hoping to do this for my birthday in October.
13. Visit St Helena’s in Elstow for our First Wedding Anniversary
14. Visit Harry Potter Experience in Watford
15. Go to Cadbury’s World
16. Make a hand raised pork pie.
17. Read ‘Les Miserables’ by Victor Hugo - Still haven't had the chance to read this yet, I'm so busy reading baby/pregnancy books.
18. Arrange a Picnic in the Park event with Liz - this may well have to wait until next summer as time is flying by and I know I'm going to be busy and ever-expanding this summer.
19. Go to Calzone & Co in Bedford - all done.
20. Visit and support local independent shops more frequently - I am trying to do this as much as possible and plan to continue for the rest of the year and beyond.
21. Redecorate the small spare room in preparation for our new arrival.  - All finished, and I LOVE it!
Albert's Nursery - Quentin Blake's Cockatoos

Albert's Nursery - Quentin Blake's Cockatoos

Albert's Nursery - Quentin Blake's Cockatoos

Albert's Nursery - Quentin Blake's Cockatoos

Albert's Nursery - Quentin Blake's Cockatoos

Albert's Nursery - Quentin Blake's Cockatoos

Albert's Nursery - Quentin Blake's Cockatoos

Albert's Nursery - Quentin Blake's Cockatoos

Albert's Nursery - Quentin Blake's Cockatoos

Albert's Nursery - Quentin Blake's Cockatoos

Albert's Nursery - Quentin Blake's Cockatoos

22. Partake in some Random Acts of Kindness.
23. Hand make/ hand bake gifts - I have been doing loads of this for friends and families birthdays, and plan to carry on throughout the year.
24. Lose my post baby weight - obviously can't do this until after the baby has arrived.
25. Make gym & swimming part of my weekly routine.
26. Develop some art work and branding for my blog - all done.
27. Eat an original Bedfordshire Clanger  - a Clanger is a historical pasty style pastry that originates from Bedford – it combines sweet and savoury by having a meat filling in one end, and a fruit one in the other. Gunns Bakery in the town centre is one of the last places in Bedfordshire that still make and sell these little beauties.

So, theres the update! A few more left to complete. Seven months left to get cracking.

Have you set yourself goals for this year?

How are you getting on with ticking things off of your list?

Bye for now

Mrs B

xxxx