Friday 22 November 2013

Cath Kidston Craft Competition ... my entry

All my blog readers will know I'm a HUGE fan of Cath Kidston and her wonderful prints! I own many CK products, and am always lusting after her newest design!

Excitingly, Cath Kidston is soon to open her London Flagship store in Piccadilly, and to celebrate the brand has launched a fun crafting competition. They're asking CK fans to make a pigeon to hang from the rafters at the opening of the fab new store! And the pigeon that the CK team like the most will receive a £180 CK gift card - awesome!

Here are the official rules from Cath Kidston:

WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO:
1. Make your pigeon. Wool, clay, felt, foil, paper mache, cardboard – anything goes, under 20cm tall.
2. Attach a hanging loop to your pigeon’s back, allowing him to ‘fly’ in store if chosen.
3. Tie a little ID tag around your pigeon’s foot, stating your name and where you’re from.
4. Wrap your pigeon carefully and send it by pigeon post to us (with your name, address and email) at:
Pete’s Piccadilly Pigeons, Cath Kidston Ltd, 125-135 Freston Road, London, W10 6TH
Remember to snap a picture of your pigeon before he makes his journey and share on Twitter or Instagram, tagged #180PICCADILLY – we’ll share the best ones.
All pigeons must land with us before Monday 2 December.

My Attempt

I love a crafting challenge; especially something different like this, and seeing as I have a bit of a thing for birds, I thought it would be a fun mini-project. So I set to it on Tuesday night, using all the bits and pieces that caught my eye in my crafting cupboard...and I was quite pleased with my little attempt!

My 'CK' Pigeon for 180 Piccadilly - the new flagship store

close-up of my pigeon, hehe!

'180' embroidery on his other wing

My little pigeon is adorned with red and green buttons, a Cath Kidston 'scarf' made of CK ribbon, wire feet, a 'handmade with love' hanging loop, lots of stuffing to make him fat, and a tag around his feet saying 'Lucy Bishop, Bedford'. He has 'CK' embroidered onto one wing, and '180' the store number on his other wing.

I hope I've stuck to all the rules, and I look forward to visiting the shop when it opens... I wonder if my little pidge will make it to being hung in store? #fingerscrossed

I'm packaging him off today - so he's heading your way Cath...be kind to him!

All you fellow crafters out there - you must have a go! To find the full list of rules and terms/conditions click here... Make A Pigeon Competition .

Good luck to all the other entries!

What a fun little competition - I love an excuse to get all creative!