Saturday 15 February 2014

Blogging Secret Santa 2013 *sorry its late*

Okay, so Christmas is well and truly over…a distant memory even! The blog has been hectic since the Christmas festivities and I just realised that I haven't shared with you all the lovely Secret Santa gift swap I took part in over the festive period.

The Blogging Secret Santa was arranged by the lovely Vicki Higham of "A Life of Geekery" blog...

The Blogging Secret Santa Rules

Vicki will pair you with a fellow blogger (via email)

You must then read their blog and research the kinds of thing they might like as a gift

You must be willing to spend £15 on a suitable gift

Then post it to the recipient by the deadline

You choose as to whether you reveal your identity to the recipient or not.

Blog about it after Christmas

Simples.

The Gift I Chose...

I absolutely loved shopping for and putting together a gift for a fellow blogger - luckily, this year I got Vicki as my gift recipient and as I've been reading her blog for quite a while now, I had quite a good idea of the sorts of things she might like.

I decided to put together a mini hamper of food and kitchen related goodies which included: a stag chopping/cheese board, cookie cutters, a pastry scraper, mini kilner jars, a jar of homemade vanilla extract and a few other goodies! I'm pleased to say she was delighted with the gifts, and I can't wait to read her post all about the gift - I'll update this post with a link to her post once its live. :-)

The Gift I Received...

I was a very lucky girl this year and received a lovely gift in return from my 'secret santa' Hannah over at Precious Little Worlds blog  ... Hannah had a similar idea to me and put together a little mini hamper for me, full of cute Christmas themed things.

In my box: Hanging sparkly heart, ceramic "twinkle, twinkle" hanging star, christmas wall plaque, heart & pine cone hanger, white chocolate coins and a lovely Robin Christmas card. I loved all the gifts Hannah, thank you so much!!

what a lucky girlie!

I'm a bit sad that the gift buying/giving/receiving season is over with now :-( I always get a bit low after the hype that Christmas brings: I can feel lost without gifts to buy and Christmas to organise - so I am just trying to concentrate my efforts on new things like organising/sorting out bits and bobs around my house, and losing the last little bit of my baby weight, as well as 'keeping house' and looking after my gorgeous baby boy!

Did you guys take part in any Secret Santa gift swaps at Christmas?