Tuesday 1 July 2014

Loved By Parents BLOGGER OF THE YEAR 2014

The moment of truth...the award winner was announced on Twitter!

I WON!

I cannot tell you how amazed and touched I am to have received this award. I am totally overwhelmed by it, and feel very lucky and grateful to have such amazing support from you - my lovely blog readers.

THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to everyone who voted for me and my little blog!

Being nominated was gift enough, and I truly didn't expect to win. What a surprise it was to get loads of 'CONGRATULATIONS' tweets yesterday afternoon when it was announced. I was shaking and in shock!

Hubby did a little victory dance around the living room, before quickly checking that it would be him I was taking on the holiday I've won…

...Lucky for him, I am taking him as my guest and we're so excited to be jetting off for a 7 night stay at Le Meridien Hotel & Spa in Limmasol, Cyprus.  Once hubby was reassured that he was coming with me he carried on his happy little dance while I rang my twin sister and my mum - I couldn't wait to tell them.

We are very excited about the holiday - a break away just the two of us is just what we need, and Cyprus is a special place to us as it is where we went for our honeymoon two years ago. Unfortunately, our honeymoon ended really sadly in the loss of our first baby: I started to miscarry during the last day of the honeymoon in Cyprus, so that trip is tinged with lots of sadness for us, and it is hard to remember much else about the holiday except how dreadful the end was.

...So, with that in mind we are calling this holiday 'Honeymoon Take Two' - and I can't wait to tell you all about it and share our photos when we return. We're hoping to make the trip at the end of the summer, so watch this space…

Le Meridien - I cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to dipping in that pool..!

THANKS SO MUCH again to all my fab readers, and to anyone who likes what I do over here on Mrs Bishop's Bakes and Banter. This blog is a true passion of mine, and I hope that shows through in my writing.

Huge thanks to all my amazing family and friends who support me, my husband who is always encouraging and supportive, and who looks after little Bert to give me time to blog - and thanks to my sister and Mum who are going to be looking after Bert for us while we are away - you are stars!

Loads of big squishy hugs!