Friday, 5 June 2015

Say It With Cake This Father's Day... Baker Days Letterbox Cake *REVIEW* & *GIVEAWAY*

Does your Dad adore cake?

Are you unable to visit him this year for Father's Day and need to think of an awesome gift to send in the post? Then look no further...

Today, I'm sharing with you the wonderful Baker Days - an online cake company that can send a beautiful personalised cake that serves 3-4 people through letterboxes!

That's right - a postable cake - whoever heard of such a thing?

If there's miles between you, or you've no time to bake then Baker Days could be the answer to your problems. This year they have some wonderful Father's Day letterbox cakes, and we were lucky enough to try out one of them out this week.

The cake arrived with the normal Royal Mail post in a boxed envelope:

The cake itself was packaged safely inside a gorgeous tin, and had been posted with a lovely greetings card with personal message, and a mini packet of Love Hearts - how sweet!

The cake tin - stunning to keep after you've eaten the cake! Bonus!

The cake itself was so beautifully decorated: iced with 'Officially the best Dad in the world!' and a lovely little image, Liam was so impressed and couldn't believe it had arrived in one piece through the normal postal service.

I cannot tell you how heavenly the cake smelt when we opened up the tin - it smelt like the strongest vanilla ice cream! Divine!

There's easy instructions on how to remove the cake from the tin in one piece, and it worked like a charm!

So we did what any sane person would do if they'd just received a cake through the post...we put the kettle on, cut it up and dived straight in!

A letterbox cake is a lovely way to send someone a smile - to let them know you're thinking of them, miss them, love them, to say thank you - whatever - there is always an excuse for cake!

Our cake was chocolate sponge, with chocolate buttercream and icing - and it was really delicious - it reminded me of chocolate birthday cakes from my childhood - really nostalgic, and the perfect afternoon treat with a cuppa!

Mmmm - Daddy got the slice with the face on!

We tucked in on a rainy Saturday afternoon while watching Jurassic Park together - even Bert had a slice, and devoured it! He had chocolate cake crumbs all round his face - sweet!!
Chocolate cake face!

I would definitely think of Baker Days in the future if I wanted to reach out to a loved one and couldn't just pop round with one of my homemade bakes.

The cake we tried would have cost £16.49 including postage, and would easily serve 3-4 people.

As well as their letterbox cakes, Baker Days have loads of other fab products on their website including cupcakes, so do head over and take a peek!

You can find Baker Days on all of the following social media channels:

Baker Days on Twitter

Baker Days on Google +

Baker Days on Facebook

Baker Days on Instagram

WIN! WIN! WIN!

If you'd like to be in with a chance of winning your own letterbox cake in time for Father's Day - then please enter the competition via the Gleam app below.

UK entrants only.

Competition closes at 1:00pm on Friday 12th June 2015, and the winner will be notified that afternoon.

WINa letterbox cake from Baker Days

SuperLucky Blog Giveaway Linky

79 comments:

  1. I love the Football Dad Ted cake xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Vintage Grandad Photo Cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the football shirt cakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look fab but I really like the gardener one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many I love, so I decided to choose my favourite Father's Day design as on this occasion the cake would be for that occasion! My favourite is definitely the Official Best Dad :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the top dad fathers day cake x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the design your own ones!

    Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the beautiful daughter cake

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really love the father's day cakes fab giveaway x

    ReplyDelete
  10. ❤ top dad fathers day cake❤

    ReplyDelete
  11. ❤ top dad fathers day cake❤

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to design my own and put a family photo on it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Def design your own-I have the best dad and boy picture!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the Super Ted Father's Day cake.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the T-Rex-Ellent Cake

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the number ones, would be great for kids birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Chalkboard themed cake 40th cake.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the ones you can personalize with your own picture. They'd be great for an anniversary party.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Kitty Kat Cake in the Children's Birthday Cakes section is incredibly pretty and would make a super looking cake for a female friend or my mother too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the top dad fathers day cake x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the design your own ones.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the Father's Day Cakes: Father's Day Gardener

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the I am your Father! cake - nothing says I love you quite like a cake with Darth Vader on it :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love the Super Ted Father's Day Cake

    ReplyDelete
  25. My favourite is the Relax Dad! cake!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Relax Dad cake is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like the giraffe cake, my favourite animal

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like the design your own cakes

    ReplyDelete
  29. Amazing how the cake looks so good after posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like the festive word holiday cake.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like the moustache whales :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like the Happy Father's Day whales

    ReplyDelete
  33. I like the 'Wonderful Dad' cake x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Brightside - All about the cake - I could send that to just about everyone I know!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Funny Cakes: Age is Just a Number! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Relax Dad one http://www.bakerdays.com/cakes/1410

    ReplyDelete
  37. I like the guitar hero one. Would be great for my fiance's birthday coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  38. The Design Your Own Cakes are great!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love this http://www.bakerdays.com/cakes/931

    ReplyDelete
  40. http://www.bakerdays.com/assets/site/img/cakes/products/medium/1390.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  41. The football shirt cakes

    trevor linvell

    ReplyDelete
  42. Live the rainbow pencil thank you teacher cake

    ReplyDelete
  43. I like the Special Day cake with the bird design - looks really special and something that I would love to receive!

    ReplyDelete
  44. There are so many I love, so I decided to choose my favourite Father's Day design as on this occasion the cake would be for that occasion! My favourite is definitely the Official Best Dad :)
    toddler halloween costume ideas
    guys halloween costumes
    kids halloween costume ideas

    ReplyDelete
  45. I just want to say thanks for your wonderful post, it is contain a lot of knowledge and information that i needed right now. You really help me out my friend, thanks!
    halloween| animal jam online| happy wheels| cool math| 8ballpool| sudoku az| yoob games| happy wheels| hanger| tetris| friv4school| color sudoku| kumba karate
    happy wheels hacked| shopping cart hero 2| whack a craft| sports heads football| raze 2

    ReplyDelete
  46. The best space for your child to relax!: wingsio
    slither io

    ReplyDelete
  47. Let’s keep out sites for your child! click:
    slither.io | wings.io | happy wheels | abcya | fnaf 4 | games for kids | racing games to play for free!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Let’s keep out sites for your child! click:
    slither.io | wings.io | happy wheels | abcya | fnaf 4 | games for kids | racing games | pacman to play for free!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I must appreciate the way you have expressed your feelingsthrough your blog!. Click here to play.
    vertix.io | dog games | fighting games | mickey mouse games | Subway Surfers

    ReplyDelete
  50. This is really very nice blog and so informative

    Happy Fathers Day 2017 Images

    ReplyDelete