Sunday 16 August 2015

Cranberry & White Chocolate Blondies recipe from Whitworths #whitworthsbakingchallenge

I'm pretty excited to be sharing the next bake from my #whitworthsbakingchallenge with you all today. I'm loving working alongside fruit and nut brand Whitworths - and have been filling my friends and family's tummies with delicious home-baked treats courtesy of their fabulous ingredients.

This bake was a first for me as I've never ventured into the world of 'blondies' before. A blondie is the brownie's paler cousin: these little morsels are stuffed full of juicy Whitworth's dried cranberries, crushed up Whitworths macadamia nuts, and oozy chunks of white chocolate.

I have to admit that I was a little underwhelmed at the prospect of baking these blondies...I'm not a huge lover of tray bakes, and I wasn't that confident that these would float my boat - I am now totally eating my words (and ramming the remaining blondies into my mouth pronto as they're too good to share).

They were super simple to bake: a little light chopping, cream the butter and sugar together, add the egg and vanilla, fold in the flour and salt, add the cranberries, chopped nuts and chocolate, and then bake for 35 minutes et voila...12 scrumptious blondies ready for munching!

Pre-baking blondie batter / blondies fresh from the oven

Still slightly warm from the oven - if you've not tried blondies before then you need to bake these!

I opted to cut the blondies into 24 mini blondies rather than 12 big ones, they work out at 149 calories per mini blondie, 298 calories per large blondie.

We took a big tub of the blondies along to the bloggers picnic we went to last week at Rushmere Park and we enjoyed sharing them with our friends - they went down a treat!

A tin full of blondie bites to share with our friends...

The blondies are in between a brownie and an american cookie in texture - the cranberries add chewiness, the nuts add crunch, and the chocolate a velvety/creamy texture. They are buttery, and slightly salty with an outer crunch and an inner softness which will leave you wanting to eat one after the other.

One of the reasons I enjoy baking so much is because I get so much pleasure from feeding people. Being able to share the fruits of my labour in the kitchen and watch people's reactions as they tuck in and enjoy my food is priceless for me...

My blogging bestie Mrs Shilts even Instagrammed her blondie! :-)

I will definitely be making these blondies again - if for no other reason than just to feed my husband's new addiction to them! He text me at work on Friday at 9:45am to say he'd eaten two already!! Ha - nothing like a little moderation.

I'm really enjoying working alongside Whitworths for this baking challenge, and I'm excited to share three more recipes with you over the coming weeks...we've got some super-tasty treats lined up for you.

But for now I'll leave you with a final drool-inducing photo...

Eat Your Heart Out

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

Link up your recipe of the week