Wednesday 5 August 2015

#MyDreamBathroom Sage & Cream French Chic Bathroom Remodel (Competition Entry)

This post is my entry into the #MyDreamBathroom competition in association with Big Bathroom Shop and Tile Mountain.

Although there is nothing particularly 'wrong' with my current bathroom, I'm not in love with it - and I want to be.

I want to really truly love every single room of our house, I want to have thought about each detail from what covers the walls right down to the light fittings and power sockets!

We've lived in our house now for four years, and when we bought it we were lucky that it was in extremely good condition and fairly tastefully decorated. As the years have passed we've slowly worked our magic on certain rooms - our bedroom, Bert's nursery and the dining room have all been fully re-decorated, but I'm afraid due to the cost, the family bathroom is something that hasn't changed a jot since we moved in.

Our current bathroom:

The cat has totally ruined my laundry basket! Grr! Note to self: don't buy a laundry basket that is basically a scratching post! Ha!

It's a lovely big space with separate shower cubicle, bath, basin and toilet, as well as large radiator/towel rack, big mirror and space for a laundry basket. The linen cupboard is also integral to the bathroom, and is a brilliantly large space for storing all my towels and bed linen.

The walls are partly tiled in plain white, with a small mosaic blue accent tile, and the rest of the walls are clad with white wood. It's a tasteful but very plain, very 'standard bathroom', and I don't really do standard. I like chic, elegant, luxurious - and none of these words come to mind when I look at my bathroom as it stands.

The floor is just a wood effect lino, which I really hate - I want a large tiled floor that feels heavy underfoot, solid and timeless - something that won't warp when Bert splashes in the bath!

I love a bit of window shopping, so I jumped at the chance to enter this fab competition where I could be in with a chance of winning a bathroom makeover - oooh yes please!

MY DREAM BATHROOM

My dream bathroom would have a freestanding slipper style bath, it would ooze luxury and classic French style. I would choose sage green and cream as my main colour scheme and would accessorise with beautiful bits and pieces to finish the room off perfectly.

I've created a mood board to give you the idea of what I have in mind - from a stunning mirror with shelf, a French-chic peony pink vintage metal bin, a fun but beautiful toilet roll come book holder (genius!) to a cute mini slipper bath soap dish, pots of lavender, a French rustic medicine cabinet, along with sage towels and bath mats to compliment the sage green wall tiles - I think this bathroom would be uber-chic, and so super-relaxing after a long day chasing after my cheeky toddler.

I hope you can tell from my mood board how passionate I am about creating a well thought out and stunning interior - if money was no object then oh boy I could have a field day in my house.

The centre image (in the gilt frame) was my starting point... it is the gorgeous Pheonix Balmoral Traditional Bathroom suite from BigBathroomShop, and would definitely be my suite of choice, if money was no object. It's stunning, and so classic - it oozes luxury and I don't think it would ever go out of fashion. I loved the cream and green hues used in this bathroom image on their website, but it wasn't quite my taste, so I set to work searching out the ideal elements for my dream green/cream bathroom...

My dream bathroom would use the Metro Sage Wall Tile and the Metro Light Cream Wall Tile on the walls, with the stunning Sandalo Taupe Wood Effect Floor Tile across the bathroom floor.

The window would be dressed with a pair of plantation shutters in cream - to evoke that French country cottage feel - and create privacy while still letting in the light.

Oh how I could while away the hours soaking in the bathtub amid this luxurious surrounding! Bliss...

What would your dream bathroom look like?