Friday 24 March 2017

What was in our March / Easter Degustabox?

This month's Degustabox delivery was genuinely the best yet! Every single item in the Easter box was something we would genuinely choose to buy/try as a family - so we were pretty excited to get tasting!

March Easter Degustabox contents

There was a fabulous treat-filled selection (I'd expect nothing less for an Easter box!) and genuinely something for all the grown up food eating people in the house (sorry Connie!).

March Degustabox Contents:

Heinz [Seriously] Good Sauces Creamy Pepper £1.99 - The finishing touch that will allow you to personalise your meals in the way you want. A range of great tasting sauces, full of flavour and with a creamy and smooth texture that will take your meal to the next level.

Pipers Crisps Burrow Hill Cider Vinegar & Sea Salt £2.00 - Pipers Crisps make " Crisps as they should taste". They season them with flavours sourced from passionate named producers. Julian Temperley provides Pipers with cider vinegar made from various old English cider apples varieties such as Kingston Black grown in his beautiful orchards at Burrow Hill near Kingsbury Episcopi in Somerset.

Naturelly £1.19 - Naturelly is a fun and refreshing juicy jelly snack, drink or dessert with 100% Recommended Daily Intake of Vitamin Cand suitable for children aged 12 months+. It comes with no added sugar or sweeteners and only 7g (around 1.5 teaspoons) of naturally occurring fruit sugars.

Maldon Smoked Sea Salt Flakes £1.50 - Maldon's oak smoked flakes have a pronounced and exciting taste that contain the ideal balance of natural minerals, finishing dishes with a rich and sophisticated flavour. Perfect with fish, bread and vegetables.

Weetabix On The Go - Vanilla/Blueberry & Blackberry £1.39 x2 - With the same energy, fibre and protein as two Weetabix biscuits and semi-skimmed milk. Our delicious breakfast drinks have been specially created to bring you a great start on days when you just can't stop. Try a proper breakfast. Bottled.

Whitworths CACAO Raw Bar £1.50 - Our new Full Of Super CACAO Raw Bars are crammed with almonds, flakes of coconut, chai seeds, golden flax seeds, quinoa and acai - what's more they're a natural source of THIAMINE (which helps to maintain energy), gluten free, no soy and suitable for vegetarians.

£onepounders Chocolate Eclairs £1.00 - £onepounders are a range of over 65 fabulous confections ranging from chocolates, toffees, boilings, chews, fudge, mints, gums and jellies all priced at £1.

The Jelly Bean Factory 75g Fairtrade Box £1.49 - This box contains 36 Gourmet Flavours of delicious Gourmet Jelly Beans. Each Gourmet Jelly Bean is made using natural flavours, no artificial colours and are gelatine free, gluten free, nut free and Vegetarian Society UK certified.

Westons Cider Pure Hopped Cider £1.99 - This Hopped Cider is a collaboration between Westons Cider and Purity Brewing and has a Hoppy aroma with a well-balanced smooth taste.

Westons Cider Caple Rd Dry Cider Blend No.5, 5% £1.99 - Made in small batches. Caple Rd Blend No.5 is a complex, dry cider which is matured for up to 18 months resulting in a crisp and complex cider with a powerful tart finish.

Rebel Kitchen Chocolate Mylk £1.89 - Our mylks are so easy you could make them yourself. We know time is precious though so instead, we've done it for you. With a few simple ingredients and nothing added, it's what we've left out that counts. Because life's complicated enough and it's time to take a stand.

Gusto Organic Lemon Energy £1.50 - An energising blend of whole crushed Sicilian lemons, Amazon guarana, Siberian ginseng and wonder herb astragalus delivering a delicious adult soft drink that delivers taste, stimulation and wellbeing. Gusto Lemon Energy is sweetened with agave nectar, apple and grape juice and is available from Ocado and all good food stores.

You have to agree that is quite the line up!

March Easter Degustabox contents

It goes without saying that this box has been the most popular one in the Bishop household to date - mainly due to it being crammed full of treats! The Jelly Beans were opened by Bert within minutes of the box arriving, the Chocolate Eclairs are slowly being enjoyed by moi and hubby polished off the WHOLE BAR of Cadbury Dairy Milk Mint Oreo in one sitting - yes, the WHOLE BAR! Luckily for him I HATE mint flavoured chocolate (but that Peanut Butter one is ALL MINE!) Hubby said he ate the whole bar purely to provide a funny anecdote for the blog, he's kind like that!

I've been meaning to try the smoked Maldon Sea Salt for ages, so I'm thrilled to have a nice big box - I'll be experimenting with it lots in the kitchen from now on.

I was intrigued to try the Weetabix drinks - they're perfect for me post workout in terms of nutrients and I'm a big fan of Weetabix so I was pretty sure I'd like them. My favourite of the two flavours was the vanilla - the berry one wasn't my cup of tea, but I'm sure some people would love it.

I'm saving the Rebel Kitchen Chocolate Mylk to go with my Mother's Day breakfast - I'm so excited to try it, who doesn't love chocolate milk after all?

Although I have quite the sweet tooth I'm also rather partial to a bag (or 3) of crisps - especially salt and vinegar flavour...so I've stashed the Pipers crisps away from the kids for a grown up in front of the telly snack at some point soon. Can't. Wait.

Hubby and I shared the Whitworths CACAO bar as it very handily comes in two separate pieces - very similar to energy balls, these little bars are totally delicious and very filling. Both hubby and I really liked them and agreed we'd definitely buy these again if we saw them in the supermarket.

Hubby commandeered the two ciders as his own, which is fine with me, as I'm a merlot girl! He loved the Capel Rd No.5 cider but unfortuntely the hoppy cider really wasn't for him - his words "hops and cider do not belong together"  - his waistline wishes he felt the same about Oreos, Mint & Cadbury chocolate! Ha!

March Easter Degustabox contents

March Easter Degustabox contents

I think I'll give Bert the Naturelly jelly pouch to try as he's a big fan of jellies as a pudding option. I love the fact that it comes in a squeezy pouch, making it very handy and perfect for lunch boxes or Spring/Summer picnics.

March Easter Degustabox contents

The last thing left for us to try from our March box is the Heinz Creamy Pepper sauce - my favourite dinner of all time is steak, chips and peppercorn sauce, so we're planning indulge in it next week -HOORAY!

Would you like to give Degustabox a try? If so you can receive a whopping £7.00 off your first box by using code:

1VRVA

at the checkout!

Enjoy lovely peeps...

For more info on Degustabox follow them on their social media channels: