Thursday 24 January 2013

Condensed Milk Cookies... xxx

I've finally got my baking mojo back...! I always get a bit of 'down' period when it comes to baking after Christmas. Too much of a good thing and all that! But this week I saw a recipe on a baking blog I regularly have a read of, and I couldn't resist this simple recipe.

CONDENSED MILK COOKIES

This recipe couldn't be more simple - the basic cookie dough comprises of butter, condensed milk and self raising flour. You can bake them plain, or add delicious flavours (I added choc chips...of course!) and they only take 12 mins for small cookies and 15-20 for bigger ones.

Find the recipe here at the lovely Raspberri Cupcakes blog, based in Sydney.

I will definitely bake this recipe regularly - it so quick and easy, and produces the scrummiest cookies with that decadent taste only condensed milk can supply! I will no doubt be experimenting with lots more flavour options and combos - so watch this space.

Anyone else baked anything scrummy this week? Would love to hear what you've been up to on the baking front.

Big love

Lucy xxx

My cookies - I made a variety of sizes (so as to test the baking times in the recipe - which were spot on!) and played with forking the tops of some to decorate. What's best....patterned or plain?

xxx