Thursday 9 October 2014

Dettol Baby Blanket Donation: Dettol Laundry Cleanser #sharethememories

I'm taking part in Dettol's Baby Blanket Donation campaign.

Dettol are encouraging us mums to "keep the memories, not the bacteria" by donating a baby blanket to their campaign and sharing our special baby blanket memories and photographs across social media with the hashtag #sharethememories

Once collected, the baby blankets will be hygienically washed with Dettol Anti-bacterial Laundry Cleanser before being re-distributed to families in need.

Celebrity mum Rachel Stevens has donated the first blanket, and supports the campaign whole-heartedly

Working in partnership with Sparks, the children’s medical research charity, Dettol has pledged to donate £1 for every blanket collected, raising much needed funds for UK families and children who are affected by serious illness or disability.

What a fantastic way to raise money, and support families in need.

Since having Bert, any charities working on improving the lives, welfare, health and happiness of children have really pulled at my heart strings, and anything I can do big or small to help, I will do gladly. It takes no time at all to pop a blanket in the post, and just that one small act will make a big difference.

Here are some of my wonderful blanket memory photos of little Bert

Please, join in if you can, and spread the word - encourage your friends to send a blanket donation as well, and help a child in need today, thank you!

Blankets can be donated via Freepost (no stamp required) to:

Dettol Baby Blanket Donation
FREEPOST RTKJ-YSGS-SSHR
The Hay Loft
Balcombe Place Stables
Balcombe
RH17 6AZ

£1 donated by Dettol to Sparks for every blanket received up to 5,000 blankets

DETTOL LAUNDRY CLEANSER

Did you know that your laundry can still harbour bacteria even AFTER its been washed? I didn't and had always just assumed that the washing coming out of my machine was 'clean'.

Like most families, our washing machine seems to be permanently in use, from food spillages, nappy leakages, and just general toddler-related-mess, my machine has been getting quite a hammering since little Bert came along.

Not that Bert is messy or anything!!

Dettol have sent me some of their newest product to try out - Dettol Laundry Cleanser is a washing additive that kills 99.9% of bacteria, when used with regular washing powder, even when washing at low temperatures* – so while you can safely wash away the bacteria, your memories will last forever!

Laboratory tests commissioned by Dettol on washed blankets donated by volunteer mums show that baby ‘blankies’ carry a variety of bacteria even after a 40 degree wash with a third of the washed blankets harbouring coliforms – a group of bacteria linked to faeces!! Yuck!

This statement alone had me running for my gifted bottle of laundry cleanser quick as a flash! I imagined all these tiny nasty bugs crawling all over Bert's blankets and soon gave all of his bedding, muslins, blankets and clothes a wash using this new product.

Overall, I've been really pleased with the laundry cleanser, and it is definitely something I will use regularly for Bert's washing from now on. I'm pleased with how fresh and clean his washing smelt after using it, and it gives me peace of mind to know that his fabrics are now 'clean clean'. :-)

*Dettol Anti-bacterial Laundry Cleanser is an additive that kills 99.9% of bacteria, even below 30 degrees – proven to work in rinse cycle temperatures as low as 15oC

Dettol Anti-bacterial Laundry Cleanser comes is 1.5L bottles and costs RRP £4.50

Please don't forget to donate your old baby blankets!

Mrs B xxx

Blanket donations will be collected until the end of December. Memories can be shared with @DettolBlanket #sharethememories or on Dettol’s Mission for Health Facebook page.

For full details on how to donate please visit www.dettol.co.uk/donate

Disclaimer: I was sent a bottle of Dettol Laundry cleanser from Dettol, which I have been trying out on my own washing, but otherwise there was no endorsements or payments for this post, just a desire to help spread the word about this great campaign.