Friday 12 December 2014

Lucy's Stocking Filler Favourites

At Christmas time I love to share with you my top picks for stocking filler ideas - this year I'm concentrating on the types of gift I personally would LOVE to receive for Christmas - I hope that some of these ideas help with your Christmas shopping, or help to finalise your own Christmas lists...

Lucy's Christmas Wishlist 2014 ...
  • I love winter, and I've always had a bit of a thing for winter accessories. I fell in love with these fur pom pom hats when I saw them first around last winter, and I totally have my eye on this Fur Pom Pom Bobble Raccoon Hat (Grey) from Poppy London priced at £35 - it would be the perfect thing to pop in a Christmas stocking for the lady in your life. (Take note family!)
Fur Pom Pom Bobble Hat
  • Again, on the winter accessories theme I love these Grey leather fingerless driving gloves from River Island priced at £22. I know I don't drive a car, but I do drive a buggy every day and walk miles and miles - so these would be both warm, and practical for me, while looking super stylish (of course!).
Grey Leather Driving Gloves

  • I'm a big fan of fun, quirky jewellery, and as soon as I saw this Chunky Glasses Necklace by Funky Laser priced at £10, I knew I would need to make it mine at some point soon. I love Funky Laser and recently had a London skyline necklace made by them to wear to my best friends' wedding where I wore a dress by Poppy England with an illustration of the London skyline across the bottom. Back to this necklace - I'd choose it in gold glitter acyrlic with a silver plated chain I think - I love that at Funky Laser there is a huge colour range to choose from, so your jewellery can be bespoke and personal - fab!
Geeky Glasses Necklace
  • No Christmas stocking is complete without some cosmetics, and I would be absolutely chuffed with one of these Pina Colada Lip Balms by Sweet Cecily's from Not On The High Street priced at £3.25.
Pina Colada Flavour Lip Balm
  • Continuing with the cosmetics I'm a MASSIVE fan of Essie Nail polishes: keen to expand my collection I have my eye on both of these Autumn shades: Fall in Line (green) and After School Boy Blazer (blue) both available on Amazon from £6-£9 per bottle.

Fall in Line

After School Boy Blazer
  • Again with some more quirky jewellery - as a lover of sewing and crafts, I couldn't resist including these amazing Mustard Tape Measure Bangles by Bloom Boutique from Not On The High Street priced at £29 in my dream Christmas stocking - if you know a lover of crafting & sewing, these are the absolute PERFECT gifts for them.
Tape Measure Bangles
  • Crafting supplies are the perfect addition to any Christmas stocking as they're usually pretty small and great to plug little gaps in your stocking - they're also pretty cheap, so you can get a lot for your money. I particularly love and use a lot of Washi Tape (decorative masking tape) such as these gorgeous examples from washitapes.co.uk...

Maste Grand Ribbon Blue - priced at £2.60

Maste Stripe Gold - priced at £1.95
  • I love biscuits. I love jewellery. Therefore I LOVE this Custard Cream Mini-Charm Necklace by Nikki McWilliams priced at £12.99 - it's been on my wish list for a long time now...Santa, I've been a really good girl this year, honest!
Custard Cream Necklace

  • This Willow Teacup Planter by Ella James on Not On The High Street priced at £14.99 totally caught my eye - and I think it would be right at home in my house! It is quite small so I reckon it could be pushed into the top of a particularly stretchy stocking! Something for the house always goes down well with me - especially if it combines two of my loves: tea and flowers!
Tea Cup Mini Planter
  • I can't consider a Christmas stocking properly filled unless I have an awesome heart warming DVD in there to watch with all the family over Christmas. My pick this year would be the absolutely awesome Richard Curtis film 'About Time' - a truly beautiful film, that makes you appreciate your family, and evokes as much laughter as it does tears - the perfect Christmassey movie in my eyes. About Time is currently priced at £5.00 on Amazon.
About Time - a Richard Curtis masterpiece

  • A Christmas stocking cannot be considered 'finished' until there is some sort of delicious chocolate treat in there, and for me I would be hoping for some of these Luxury Gingerbread Truffles by Hotel Chocolat priced at £3.75 (for 6). Hotel Chocolat is BY FAR my favourite chocolate in the whole wide world, and I love the sound of these very Christmassey truffles: in my house I'd open them up straight away and we'd scoff them with our Christmas morning cuppa! Perfect!
Chocolate Gingerbread Truffles

DREAMING BIG....

  • Now then, it is nice to dream, and to aim high, so this year I've also included some higher budget stocking filler ideas (just in case we happen to win the lottery before the big day, and can stretch to some more expensive items). I totally adore this Kate Spade New York Gramercy PVD Bracelet Strap Watch priced at £225, and I would be blown away to find something this beautiful in my Christmas stocking. I've always dreamt of being surprised with a really amazing stocking full of gorgeous expensive treats, and jewellery is, of course, the perfect size to be tucked inside a Christmas stocking!
Gramercy watch by Kate Spade New York

  • I've always had a real thing for rose gold (see my Rose Gold Love post from 2013) and I dream of one day owning the most beautiful sparkly peach sapphire/rose gold ring like this one made by Eidel Precious over on Etsy. It is priced at £2286.68, so it definitely won't be winging its way to me any time soon, but one day maybe! *dreams*
Stunning peach sapphire and rose gold ring

It's important to dream big, right?

Happy Christmas shopping to you all & I hope all of your Christmas gift dreams come true this year!

Disclaimer: I have not received any products, payment or incentives of any kind for this post - it is simply and honestly a wish list of products I truly love.