Monday 2 November 2015

So many #WonderfulWeekends - October Roundup

Last month saw my wonderful friend Sarah (Sarah Kate Makes) and I launch our first ever blogging linky: #WonderfulWeekends is a chance for bloggers from across the internet to share what makes their weekends wonderful...

I absolutely LOVED reading through everybody's entries and discovering the varied and exciting activities people manage to pack into their down time.

Our aim was to spread some weekend joy, encourage people to make the most of their weekends and help people reclaim that time - stepping away from chores and 'must do's' and instead enjoying quality family time, indulging in hobbies or simply taking some time out to properly recharge the batteries.

In October #WonderfulWeekends covered many miles and saw us bloggers visit some amazing places... from Cambridge to Liverpool, Somerset to York, London to Malaysia we travelled far and wide to discover all things wonderful.

I loved that this first attempt at our little linky has already begun to inspire me with lots of ideas for activities to fill our weekends with positivity and joy. Gorgeous Kara from Innocent Charms Chats took her little brood to a Pick Your Own farm and their day looked like so much fun - a return to nature, a lesson in where our food comes from and a mammoth baking session with the literal fruits of their labour to boot - it really looked like the most perfect family Sunday. It has definitely inspired me to research into local PYO farms here in Bedfordshire - Bert is fruit mad so I think he'd really enjoy it.

Awww what a cutie!! Picking apples on a Sunday (picture by Kara at Innocent Charms Chats)

Lovely Lizzie from Lizzie somerset headed on a weekend retreat with her fab hubby sans children to celebrate their anniversary - they had a dreamy stay at the fabulous Little Barwick House in Somerset.

Beautiful Little Barwick House in Somerset (Photo by Lizzie somerset)

Is there anything more perfect than breakfast in a gorgeous hotel, with a view into the rose garden? (Photo by Lizzie somerset)

Sharon from Elephants and Mangoes took us along on her wonderful picnic at Port Dickson beach in Malaysia - how idyllic to think about a picnic on a sandy beach with coconut trees...it is a million miles away from this grey and drizzly morning in Bedfordshire!!

The coconut trees of Port Dickson. (Photo by Sharon at Elephants and Mangoes)

My darling friend Vicki from Honest Mum shared some magical moments from her weekends, including a fun-filled trip to Liverpool with her husband and boys - I loved this picture of her smallest son Alexander after having had his face painted at a brand event: what a total cutie!

Batman visits Liverpool! (Photo by Vicki at Honest Mum)

Of course the best thing about #WonderfulWeekends is that they don't have to be full of elaborate trips and expensive activities - some of the happiest weekends are full of walks in the sunshine, lazy local lunches, a glass of wine and a natter with people we love...

My beautiful friend Leigh from Headspace Perspective shared a relaxed weekend mooching around her hometown with her husband Martin, enjoying each other and making the most of a sunny autumn day. I still have food envy when I see the amazing chocolate tart she ate for lunch - weekends can only be made more wonderful with the addition of cake in my opinion...

Leigh's wonderful chocolate tart (Photo by Leigh from Headspace Perspective)

I think my favourite photo from October's #WonderfulWeekends was this amazing shot from Stephanie over at Our Cherry Tree whose family are Pearly Kings and Queens. The photo shows her Nan and children enjoying Harvest Festival celebrations in the heart of Covent Garden - what a corker of a picture to treasure forever...

Pearly Kings and Queens:  #WonderfulWeekends (Photo by Stephanie from Our Cherry Tree)

I am so excited to see what November's linky will bring...please do join in if you can - we'd love to see how you spend your weekends!