Monday 24 April 2017

Women's Fashion from Nutmeg at Morrisons *REVIEW*

Have you heard? There’s a new contender in supermarket fashion as 50 selected Morrisons stores in the country have released the supermarket’s first ever women’s collection (launched on 27th February 2017) as part of its own label ‘Nutmeg.’

The Spring/Summer collection, with pieces starting from just £3, is designed to include best-in-class, easy-to-wear modern essentials and is be available in sizes 8-22. As well as classics like jeans, Breton stripes and even a mac, shoppers can expect a nod to major trends including tropical prints, cold-shoulder tops and sports luxe.

The Nutmeg children’s label was originally launched four years ago with lots of thoughtful details that made clothes easy to wear. The graduation to women’s clothes brings with it this same approach, which made Morrisons one of the top 20 fashion retailers in the country last year. Activewear pieces, for example, include integrated tummy control panels, zip pockets, reflective details for night runs and a home for earphones.

Claire Cave, Head of Buying and Design at Nutmeg, said:

‘We listened to our customers and they said they wanted affordable, quality clothing with real attention to detail and, of course, it had to be fashionable! We hope everyone enjoys our first ever Women’s Collection.’

You can find the new womenswear collection in these stores across the country.

We've been regularly buying Nutmeg clothing for both our kids since it started four years ago, it's our go-to place for affordable, good quality clothing, so I will totally thrilled when I heard about the launch of their women's collection!

I was lucky enough to be sent a selection of pieces from the new ranges collection to try out: dark blue denim jeggings, Breton Stripe T-shirt & grey bomber jacket from their fashion range, and also some workout gear from their activewear range including leggings, vest and a zip up long sleeved sports jacket.

womenswear by Nutmeg from Morrisons
I've been utterly thrilled with the sportswear so far, I've now worn it four times to workout, and it is so super comfy, breathable and I feel confident and supported in it. The pieces have washed and dried really well, and the fit is perfect. I love the added extras such as the zip pockets, thumb holes and reflective detailing. These pieces give even my expensive designer sportswear a run for it's money, at literally a quarter of the cost! Amazing!

new activewear range from Nutmeg at Morrisons
A quick stretch in the sunshine before I hit the gym!
Jacket £18/Vest Top £10/Leggings £12

new activewear range from Nutmeg at Morrisons
Up close and personal - the new activewear range from Nutmeg at Morrisons

new activewear range from Nutmeg at Morrisons
Gym ready thanks to Nutmeg from Morrisons

It's been fun to play around with putting a look together from their fashion items too...

I was sent the dark blue jeggings which are super comfy & have a lovely high waist on them - I always favour a high waist, especially post-two children! I teamed them with this Breton t-shirt (Oh I LOVE me a stripe!) which has cute white crochet sleeve and neck detailing, and a grey bomber jacket which is perfect to throw on for the cooler Spring weather (and Summer, who am I kidding, this is Britain after all!)

womenswear by Nutmeg from Morrisons
Breton T-shirt £10/Jeggings £12/Bomber Jacket £24

I wouldn't usually go for a short sleeved t-shirt like this, as I tend to favour a 3/4 length or long sleeve, just for my own comfort/confidence reasons. However, I thought I'd throw caution to the wind & even had a play with giving the t-shirt more shape (this one is naturally more loose and boxy in shape) by pulling into a front knot giving it a slightly cropped effect. I think it makes the outfit slightly edgier and younger.

womenswear by Nutmeg from Morrisons

I found the sizing on all items to be true to my usual size on the high street - I wear a size 12 in all pictured outfits.

I now have a wish-list as long as my arm of the other items I'm desperate to add to my wardrobe including...

-Mac £30
-Breton top £10
-Maxi Dress £20
-J'adore la vie T-shirt £14
-Cardigan £18

womenswear by Nutmeg from Morrisons wish-list

Have any pieces caught your eye?

Head to your local Morrisons store and re-vamp your Spring/Summer wardrobe for less this season.