Monday, 24 July 2017

Introducing Baby and Play: Bedford's Independent Toy Shop

Baby and Play is a brand new independent toy shop located in Bedford's Town Centre, just tucked away in Castle Lane behind the High Street (opposite Spaghetti Johns). It's been trading for about 10 weeks, but owners (and parents of 5!) Kirstie Williams and her partner Adam Share are in the midst of exciting shop renovations which will result in a much bigger shop floor come the autumn. While renovations happen the shop will still be trading, but be prepared for an even more exciting place to shop with your kids later this year...!

As it stands currently Baby and Play is still absolutely the most child-centred, fun and parent-friendly toy shop I've ever visited. Usually, visiting a toy shop with the kids in tow is an absolute nightmare - they want to touch/lick/buy everything and I want a glass of wine two minutes after stepping over the threshold! Usually, I end up rushing in, making a super-swift decision and then attempting to get out without bankrupting myself.

This wasn't an issue at Baby and Play - here the focus is on the kids playing and exploring without being told "don't touch" there are a range of toys out on the shop floor specifically meant for the kids to enjoy playing with, plus there's a colouring table for them to sit at and a magnetic easel and magnets for them to explore. Soon there will be a wider range of toys to play with and even free snacks on offer. Long term they also plan to hold little activities and classes to amuse your wee ones while you shop. Genius!

Adam and Kirstie clearly know what parents want and kids need, as parents to five children it's no surprise they've managed to create such a brilliant space.

Baby and Play Bedford Toy Shop
Connie loved exploring all the toys!

The range of toys available is pretty impressive too - everything you'd need for a baby right through to older kids. Stunning ranges from soft, wooden and construction toys, through to recognisable characters such as Mr Tumble, Peter Rabbit, In The Night Garden etc.

Baby and Play Bedford Toy Shop
And she got stuck in playing with all the toys they had available for little ones to enjoy!

One of my favourite parts of the shop was the concept of the 'pocket money range' - lots of very reasonably priced small items perfect for little treats or pocket money spending such as 8 small animal figures for £1.00, individual wooden (Breo-style) trains for £2.50 each, sticker sheets etc. As a parent there's nothing more frustrating than heading to a toy shop/toy department to find there's nothing for under £5...we all know it's hard to get out the door without a little treat for your mini people, so hooray for affordable little items and CHOICE!

Baby and Play Bedford Toy Shop
Bert found a new friend in the toy shop!

Bert, Connie and I happily spent a whole hour in there last week - Bert came away with some gorgeous re-usable sticker sets from Melissa & Doug (one of our favourite toy brands) and Connie bagged herself a brilliant set of B.Toys One Two Squeeze Blocks, which quiet frankly couldn't be a better toy for her at almost 14 months. The 10 blocks are stackable, squeezable, floatable, squeakable and chewable...they're perfect for her chubby little hands and her ever-increasing collection of toothy pegs (teething SUCKS doesn't it?). The blocks are all different colours with lovely little pictures of animals and numbers from 1-10. They retail at £12.95 and would make the best first birthday present if you have any coming up...

B. Toys One Two Squeeze Blocks - in their own little zip up carry case with handle!

A little handle making this the perfect little toy for travelling!

A very happy baby with her new blocks!

Life is tiring when you're 14 months and have lots of toys to enjoy!

Retrieving a block from under the chair - playing with the cat because (of course!) the cat loves them too!

Mid block chuck! We love an action shot at Chez Bishop

The Melissa and Doug Puffy Sticker Activity books (£4.99 for the Safari set & £5.99 for the Equestrian set - Bert's choices, but there is a massive variety available) make the most amazing summer holiday activities. I love the fact that the stickers are re-usable, meaning they'll definitely last the whole of the holidays, and they're a completely portable activity - making them great for travelling and holidays too.

Melissa and Doug Reusable Puffy Sticker Books

Melissa and Doug Reusable Puffy Sticker Books

Melissa and Doug Reusable Puffy Sticker Books

Melissa and Doug Reusable Puffy Sticker Books

Since getting them last week Bert has probably spent about 3 solid hours playing with the reusable sticker sets. He's totally got the hang of creating little scenes and making up little stories with them. I'll be carting them out on a daily basis now the holidays are here - Melissa and Doug toys are always pennies very well spent in our book.
Melissa and Doug Reusable Puffy Sticker Books

Melissa and Doug Reusable Puffy Sticker Books
Bert's re-usable sticker handiwork - he got the hang of it straight away!

Melissa and Doug Reusable Puffy Sticker Books

Melissa and Doug Reusable Puffy Sticker Books
Busy Bert with his new sticker books

As well as their brilliant bricks and mortar store, you can also shop online with Baby and Play, meaning that my readers who aren't local to Bedford can still shop with this fab independent store with their marvellous range of toys, baby items and bags.

We can't wait for our next visit and we're especially excited to see the all new shop interior come the autumn!

  1. We loved our visit last week! Jaxon spent ages playing with the clock and then with the magnetic letters/numbers on the white board. I think he would have happily stayed for the rest of the afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am certainly making the most of your site. You unquestionably have some extraordinary knowledge and incredible stories.embossed stickers

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you visit other cities and you want to have awesome fun then please meet my friends who are hot and sexy meet these wild beauties for the pleasure you are seeking I assure you that these young women are incredibly sexy and passionate to the degree that you imagine your wildest fantasies will come true hurry up and call them you can know a little about them on this page and then you can choose which one to meet you must grab this opportunity of being with a fine woman with delicate features and romance them so that your life is cherished forever you can go to these towns to have these beauties Watch Series with you and enjoy your life to the fullest just go and book a hotel and then invite these girls to your room for some adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you visit other cities and you want to have awesome fun then please meet my friends who are hot and sexy meet these wild beauties for the pleasure you are seeking I assure you that these young women are incredibly sexy and passionate to the degree that you imagine your wildest fantasies will come true hurry up and call them you can know a little about them on this page and then you can choose which one to meet you must grab this opportunity of being with a fine woman with delicate features and romance them so that your life is cherished forever you can go to these towns to have these beauties Watch Series with you and enjoy your life to the fullest just go and book a hotel and then invite these girls to your room for some adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you visit other cities and you want to have awesome fun then please meet my friends who are hot and sexy meet these wild beauties for the pleasure you are seeking I assure you that these young women are incredibly sexy and passionate to the degree that you imagine your wildest fantasies will come true hurry up and call them you can know a little about them on this page and then you can choose which one to meet you must grab this opportunity of being with a fine woman with delicate features and romance them so that your life is cherished forever you can go to these towns to have these beauties Watch Series with you and enjoy your life to the fullest just go and book a hotel and then invite these girls to your room for some adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Free Web Directory is an online catalog of websites arrange by categories. Highly specialized SEO friendly human edited free web directory. Submit your websites free with deeplinks. Free Web Directory

    ReplyDelete
  7. Free Web Directory is an online catalog of websites arrange by categories. Highly specialized SEO friendly human edited free web directory. Submit your websites free with deeplinks. Free Web Directory

    ReplyDelete
  8. Links Catalog – Premium Link Directory Features high quality and well-designed websites curated by human editors and organized by category. Website Premium Link Directory listings for businesses, companies, products, and services organized in relevant categories. Links Catalog increase your domain authority for a higher rank on search engines.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Links Catalog – Premium Link Directory Features high quality and well-designed websites curated by human editors and organized by category. Website Premium Link Directory listings for businesses, companies, products, and services organized in relevant categories. Links Catalog increase your domain authority for a higher rank on search engines.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Links Catalog – Premium Link Directory Features high quality and well-designed websites curated by human editors and organized by category. Website Premium Link Directory listings for businesses, companies, products, and services organized in relevant categories. Links Catalog increase your domain authority for a higher rank on search engines.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Custom Packaging Boxes Products
    Here are some design ideas of the products where you can take inspirations from and let us work
    with your added instructions. We would always maximize the value of the product
    Custom Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  12. GET BUSINESS CARD PRO
    AT WHOLESALE PRICES
    FOR YOUR BUSINESS INSTANTLY
    PRINT YOUR IDEAS TO LIFE WITH PREMIUM BUSINESS CARD PRO, POSTCARDS AND MORE.
    Business Cards

    ReplyDelete
  13. Buy Packaging Boxes has opened new avenues for custom packaging boxes. Our all color digital and offset printing services allow you to have excellent quality personalized packaging.

    Hemp Oil Boxes

    Beard Oil Boxes

    Medicine Boxes

    Packaging Boxes Products

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our easy-to-use website and the multitude of custom stickers printing option are just some of the reasons why business, graphic designers, and all our customers trust us with their printing – all backed by our 100% Guarantee!

    Silver vinyl stickers

    Kraft Paper Stickers

    custom Stickers UK

    embossed paper stickers Printing