Tuesday 23 October 2018

What was in our October 2018 Degustabox + discount code!

WINTER WARMER DEGUSTABOX...

Degustabox UK

Degustabox contents October 2018

Product of the month:

Lift
Instant Lemon Flavour Tea
£1.49

Our Classic Lemon flavour tea is a favourite for many. Enjoyed hot or cold, this refreshing beverage excites the taste buds with a combination of sweet and citrus flavours.

OMG! I am officially OBSESSED with this stuff - it's so warming and delicious, perfect for autumn winter & only 22 calories per mug. WIN! I will be buying this as a staple part of my weekly shop from now on.

Rest of the box:

KITKAT
Chunky Salted Caramel Fudge
£0.65

Introducing KITKAT Chunky Salted Caramel Fudge, an exciting, indulgent, salty sweet taste sensation! Unwrap, snap off a chunk and enjoy the delicious smooth milk chocolate and crispy wafer with a caramel fudge flavoured topping of KITKAT Chunky Salted Caramel Fudge.

Hubby devoured it and said it is the best flavour yet - and that's high praise! The peanut butter one is now a close second.

Heinz Creationz
Mexican Beanz
£1.75

The Heinz Creationz range comes in four delicious world flavours, Spanish, Italian and Mexican Beanz as well as Lentil Curry. Perfect for talking to work for a quick lunch, or as a tasty and speedy addition to your dinner.

I love these quick pouches - and have actually already tried quite a few of the Heinz Creationz - they are a really good quick dinner (on toast, jacket potato etc) or a side dish, lunch option or even breakfast addition. Quick, easy, no mess, no washing up, and super flavour and quality, which I've definitely come to expect from Heinz.

Jack Daniel’s
Tennessee Honey & Lemonade
£2

Jack Daniels’s Tennessee Honey & Lemonade is a refreshing mix of Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey and zesty lemonade. A convenient, perfectly mixed drink for whether you’re on the go or staying in with friends. The ultimate summer cooler, enjoyed all year round.

My brother and I both love a JD, so I'm saving these cans for when he next comes to visit - they're so handy to keep chilled for when guests come over, or to keep on hand for an evening treat. I like that it's a perfect serving, all measured etc.

Upbeat Drinks
Spring Water Enriched with Protein & Vitamins
£1.59

Enriched hydration for strength, energy and mental performance. Zero sugar, low calorie and real fruit flavour.

Hubby and I both weren't keen on these before - you'll know what I mean when I say they had a really strong vitamin taste, and were super sweet for my taste buds. That being said I am a soft drink purist, preferring plain water most of the time - I don't even like squash!

Santa Maria Latin American Kitchen
Mexican Spiced Tomato Sauce
£1.89

Santa Maria Latin American Kitchen cooking sauces, for a delicious meal, ready in 15 minutes! Pour the sauce over your cooked meat, fish or vegetables for fantastic Latin American flavour. Santa Maria cooking sauces are Vegan friendly and Gluten free.

We are using this sauce on Sunday night for dinner & I'm looking forward to trying it - Mexican cuisine is one of our favourites here at Chez Bishop - and we are big fans of the Santa Maria Latin American Kitchen brand - in fact, I actually look for this brand above all others when it comes to these types of cooking sauces now.

Get Fruity Bar
Moist Mixed Berry
£0.70

Award winning Moist Mixed Berry Bar. Made of real fruit and gluten free wholegrain oats, baked to perfection with absolutely no artificial ingredients. No added cane sugar, vegan, gluten free and a great source of Fibre.

Bert enjoyed this fruity bar, he said it tasted like a super fruity flapjack - I liked that he felt it was a treat snack, but I actually knew it was a healthy source of fibre and wholegrain, with no added sugar! Mum win!

Supermalt
Ginger Beer
£1.19

Ginger Beer by Supermalt is made using real ginger extract, and a delicate hint of lemongrass to give it a truly refreshing drink with an energising fiery kick. Best served ice cold. Enjoy as a full flavour soft drink or as a mixer for your favourite cocktails.

I love ginger beer; my mum likes to tell me it must be because she had a craving for it throughout her twin pregnancy with me and my sister (!) This Supermalt branded ginger beer was lovely - very fiery and great served with my marmalade gin! I also adored the packaging/branding, it looked so cool.

Supermalt Ginger Beer

Clipper
Fairtrade Everyday Tea
£2.89

Our delicious Fairtrade Tea is big, bright and bold, delivering a quality cup of tea you’ll want to come back to again and again. All Clipper products are made with pure, natural ingredients and a clear conscience. You also have a lovely Clipper Fairtrade tea towel included in your pack!

Ahhh tea - I fell out of love with it when I was pregnant with Connie, but prior to that I was a massive tea drinker (5+ cups per day). In the last few months I've really started to get into it again, so I was chuffed to get a lovely box of 'posh tea' in this months box. I was thrilled with the added bonus of a lovely new Fair-trade tea towel too! Thanks Clipper!

PS. Clipper makes FAB-U-LOUS tea!

Super cute Clipper tea towel!
Super cute Clipper tea towel!

Shreddies
Original Shreddies Breakfast to Go
£1.99

A new, all-in-one Nestle on the go solution coming with a portion of Shreddies cereals and a carton of milk. Packed in a recyclable cup with a spoon, simply pour the milk on the cereals and you’re ready to eat in seconds.

The excitement when Bert clapped eyes on this - why do kids love a gimmick so much? Essentially it's a mini pot of Shreddies with a carton of long life milk and a spoon, so you can have cereal on the go. Of course, Bert ate it on the living room floor, but he's never really in need of breakfast on the go, let's be honest. I can see that it could be useful for commuters/office workers I guess...but a bit gimmicky for me!

SPOON Granola
Cherry Bomb
£3.89

Toasted oats with ground almonds, pumpkin seeds, freeze dried cherries, honey, maple syrup and a dusting of ground cinnamon and nutmeg. No refined sugar. High in fibre. Wholegrains. Making breakfast better. No small talk before breakfast. No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. Suitable for veggies.Wholegrain oat granola with pumpkin seeds and a natural cherry hit, lightly spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg. Basically, berry granola but better. What Our granolas contain a short list of high-quality ingredients, like pure Canadian maple syrup, which tastes awesome and is packed with more antioxidants and nutrients than refined sugars. Not rocket science. But tastes out of this world.
If you've ever read a Degustabox post from me before you'll know that A) Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day, and B) I am OBSESSED with granola. I eat it almost every day, with full fat coconut flavour yoghurt from Aldi, and fresh fruit, with a tiny squeeze of honey, and I look forward to it every morning! So I'm always THRILLED to find a new granola to try. I've never eaten a SPOON granola before, but this one was truly delicious. I'm still finishing off the box, but I've had it daily since it arrived two weeks ago. It has a subtle cherry flavour  with a big hit of warming almost Christmassy spices, and a nice fine consistency (not clusters). I would happily buy this again and again, especially in autumn/winter.

If you'd like to give Degustabox a try then you can receive a whopping £5.00 off your first box by using code:

1VRVA

at the checkout!

Enjoy everyone and let me know if you try it!

For more info on Degustabox follow them on their social media channels:

Degustabox UK social media handles

We were sent this Degustabox in exchange for our honest review.

Tuesday 2 October 2018

What was in our September Degustabox? + Discount code ...

Have you tried Degustabox?

It's time to share with you the contents of our September Degustabox food box delivery, and what we thought of each item...

september 2018 Degustabox contents

september 2018 Degustabox contents

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
£0.89

Satisfy your peanut butter passion with three incredibly delicious Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups! Rich, delectable Peanut Butter Cups drenched in smooth chocolate! The perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter.

I love these - so I'm afraid I was only just about willing to let Liam have one of the three in the packet - a very naughty treat but totally delicious for any PB fans out there!

Cadbury Oreo Instant Hot Chocolate
£2.99

Cadbury Oreo Hot Chocolate is the newest addition to our hot chocolate range, bringing the Oreo biscuit taste to life in a delicious way! Simply put 4 heaped teaspoons (28g) of Cadbury Oreo Hot Chocolate into a mug, pour on hot water and stir for a delicious moment.

The kids loved trying this hot chocolate - they're big Oreo fans, so it was right up their street. It's perfect to have in the cupboard for the colder months as they approach and I love how easy this is to prepare.

Juicy Fuel Cola - Original
£1.50

Juicy Fuel Craft Cola is the brand-new craft Cola from The Juice Shed company. A fruit cola made from 100% natural ingredients. No added sugar, no added chemicals, nasty e-numbers or anything that doesn’t need to be there.

These fizzy drinks aren't really my bag, so I always save them in the fridge until we have guests over who like carbonated drinks. That being said, I did love the packaging, and it appeals to me that it doesn't have any artificial nasties!

YES! Fruit and Nut Bars
£1.20 x3

YES! Snack Bars are delicious, wholesome, and perfect for snacking on the go. Our fruit bars contain no added sugar (besides naturally occurring sugars), and contain 1 of your 5 a day! Our nut bars contain 5g of sugar and are a source of protein.

These were delicious. I'm a big eater of these types of bar, I find them very useful for eating on the go, a good healthy snack that you can pop in your handbag is a must for a busy parent, so I would heartily recommend these bars - worth a try if you see them in the shops!

CHOCK CHICK - Cacao Nibbles
£1.85

New CHOCK CHICK Cacao Nibbles - the most delicious way to enjoy the goodness of the whole cocoa bean with a touch of Yacon. This super food combination is CHOC full of anti-oxidants, magnesium and iron and is a powerful prebiotic. A perfect desk snack or for adding to desserts, cereals or yoghurt.

I LOVED these! I'd never tried anything like this before, but I found they really satisfied my sugar cravings and it was reassuring to know they are GOOD for you, and not full of processed sugar. I ate the bag as a snack, but they would be equally as delicious over cereal/porridge or a dessert of some kind. I would definitely buy these again!

Indie Bay Snacks - Pretzel Bites
£0.99 each x2

Indie Bay Snacks are reinventing the classics, starting with pretzels. These delicious bites are made using alternative flours like spelt and quinoa. That means they’re a convenient source of fibre and protein. Their two new flavours - Smokin’ BBQ & Easy Cheesy, are vegan as well. These are pretzels with benefits.

We've eaten Indie Bay's Pretzel Bites before, and always enjoyed them. The Bishop's are big traditional pretzel lovers, so these little balls of pretzel-ness really hit the spot. I enjoyed the Smokin' BBQ flavour very much.

september 2018 Degustabox contents

Dr. Karg’s Organic Wholegrain Snack Tomato & Mozzarella
£1.60

Our organic Tomato & Mozzarella crunchy snack packs are the perfect fibre-rich and natural in-between snack - in the office, at home, or on the go. Baked and not fried, made of crunchy grains and seeds, as well as other wholesome ingredients. Sun ripened, moreish and gone in one bite!

These were YUMMMMMMMMY! They taste just like a margarita pizza! Perfect for a snack, or for a lunch time light bite - they are super crunchy so go really well in soups, salads or for dipping in hummus, salsa or guacamole!

Jules Destrooper Butter Crisps
£1.80

Summer butter, sugar, eggs and flour - together, they combine to create a crunchy biscuit that wins everyone over because of the rich taste of butter, caramelised sugar and a hint of spice. A Belgian classic!

I won't lie - the whole box of these biscuits was empty within 2 days of our box arriving - if that isn't testament to how great they are, I don't know what is? They're super crisp, almost brandy snap like, but crumbly and buttery at the same time. They are UBER rich and decadent - the sort of biscuit you can FEEL expanding your waistline as you eat it (the best kind!). A gorgeous treat that we would happily enjoy again.

Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Cider
£2.29

Jack Daniel’s is proud to bring you Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Cider. By combining crisp apple cider with smooth Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, we’ve expertly blended something that’s not only distinctly refreshing, but also unmistakably Jack to the core!

I haven't drunk Jack Daniel's in years, but I do love a whiskey based drink, and I really enjoyed this deep and smooth cider. It basically has all the crisp freshness of a typical apple cider, with a deliciously warming spirit aftertaste! Yum!

Good Hemp - Hemp Seed Hearts
£3.99

Our Hemp Seed Hearts are natural hemp seed kernels which have a delicious, light and nutty flavour. High in protein and omegas 3 & 6, they are the perfect healthy and filling snack. Alternatively, sprinkle on cereal, porridge, yoghurt, soup and salads, or use in baking. Enjoy!

We've had these Good Hemp seed hearts from a previous Degustabox, I do find repeats frustrating with the box, as although it was a while ago we had them, it is exactly the same product and not one I'd be likely to repeat purchase. I'm not keen on the texture of these, and don't feel like they add much in terms of flavour to a meal.

a2 Milk - Long Life Whole Cows’ Milk
£1.50

a2 Milk is natural cows’ milk with a difference. It’s naturally free from the A1 protein found in regular cows’ milk so it’s gentle on sensitive tummies, easy to digest and less likely to trigger symptoms associated with milk intolerance.

Another repeat product, which is disappointing. However, a2 milk is something handy to have in the cupboard, as it's a long life product its a good milk back up for if you ever run out.

Have you tried any of these products? I'd love to know your thoughts.

If you'd like to give Degustabox a try then you can receive a whopping £5.00 off your first box by using code:

1VRVA

at the checkout!

Enjoy everyone and let me know if you try it!

For more info on Degustabox follow them on their social media channels:

degustabox social media channels
We were sent this Degustabox in exchange for our honest review.