Friday 30 March 2018

Easter Gifts for Teletubbies Fans

At almost 22 months Connie is still rather fond of the Teletubbies. She knows them all by name, and always stops whatever she is doing to watch when it comes on.

This Easter it was a no-brainer when choosing what Easter egg to give her - it had to be Teletubbies. I love toddler Easter eggs that come with a gift that is useful (not just a plastic toy that will be broken or lost within a few days) so this Teletubbies Meal Set with small milk chocolate eggs, a beaker and a bowl is a great combo.

You can twist the bowl (head) and beaker (body) to match up to create images of both Lala and Po (handily, they are Connie's favourites). I don't know about you but we seem to go through about 5 million plastic bowls a day with Connie - for meals and snacks, or for just playing - she likes to take all the bowls and cups out of the cupboard and pop her smaller toys inside - endless fun apparently!

This small chocolate egg & meal set is priced at £5.99 and available from B&M and The Range.

Teletubbies Meal Set - Easter

As well as a little bit of chocolate at Easter it is also nice to buy some extra little gifts, and you can't go wrong with fresh new pyjamas in my opinion.

These cute Teletubbies pyjamas are priced at £11.00 and available in sizes 12-18 months, 18-24 months, 2-3 years, 3-4 years, 4-5 years.

Teletubbies Pink Pyjamas Character.com

We don't go in for big elaborate toy gifts at Easter time, but it is nice to give little ones something small to enjoy playing with - especially with two weeks of Easter holidays ahead of us... these cute giggling Tiddlytubbies (who knew Tiddlytubbies were a thing?) are priced at £9.99 each. The yellow one is called Umby Pumby, the blue one is called Mi-mi and the pink one is called Ping, in case you didn't know! :-)

They are available many shops including Argos, Smyths, Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys, Morrisons, The Entertainer, Boots, Mothercare and Wilko.

Giggling Tiddlytubbies plush toys

My final idea for an Easter gift for little ones who love Teletubbies is this Time to Rhyme electronic book by VTech.

Join Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Laa-Laa and Po in this fun interactive book featuring easy-to-turn pages, bright illustrations, a story button and a light-up music button. Turn the pages and press the buttons to hear rhymes, silly sounds and delightful music. Features the real voices of the Teletubbies!

It's a really robust little book, so perfect for little fingers. It's suitable for ages 6 months plus - so it's the ideal Easter gift for those too small for chocolate eggs.

Priced at £12.99 and available at Argos, Amazon, B&M and Boots.

Teletubbies Time to Rhyme Electronic Book

What do you buy the under 2's for Easter?

We were sent some Teletubbies Easter gifts in return for this gift-guide post.
SaveSaveSaveSave

Sunday 25 March 2018

World of Dinosaurs at Paradise Wildlife Park in Hertfordshire

Today I'm sharing with you an amazing day out not be missed if you're within a few hours travelling distance of Hertfordshire.

I've written previously here about our love of the brilliant Paradise Wildlife Park, but today saw the launch of their World of Dinosaurs. It is one of the UK's biggest & most spectacular dinosaur attractions. If you've got a dino-mad little one (or big one for that matter) then read on.

Set across acres of natural woodland World of Dinosaurs features 30 life-size, moving and roaring animatronic dinosaurs – a real thrill for any dinosaur adventurer! And on Saturday we were lucky enough to be part of the official launch day. The best news is that it is now open to the public (from Sunday 25th April 2018) just in time for the Easter Holidays!!

So, here's a little sneak peak of what you'll find in the Jurassic woods of Hertfordshire...

Actually first, lets talk about CAKE. Specifically this ABSOLUTELY AMAZING T-Rex cake by Mrs R Bakes. I genuinely thought it was a statue at first, but no, it's a cake!! Bert was mesmerised by it and kept sniffing it?! In fact, I put him to bed tonight still disgruntled that he didn't get a slice (they're cutting it for the public tomorrow). I did try to explain that he may not have had cake, but he did get to see the amazing dinosaurs before anyone else, then got to spend the rest of his day among all the incredible animals at the zoo, play on all the amazing play equipment, have a hotdog and chips for lunch and bring home a new toy dinosaur, but apparently there's no pleasing some 4 year olds! Ha!

Dinosaur Cake by Mrs R Bakes for Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs
T-Rex cake of DREAMS
So, back to World of Dinosaurs...here is a sneak peek of what you can expect if you bring your family along...lifesize, moving, roaring and just amazing dino beasts set among natural woodland...enjoy...

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs
Triceratops - my favourite dinosaur, because, you've got to have a favourite with a dino-mad son!

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

You can meander through the dinosaurs on a purpose built sandy pathway which is really wide and allows for many people to walk round freely without crowding. You follow a clear route which means you can't miss anything, and the paths are ideal for pushchairs and wheelchairs too.

They even have the Jurassic Park theme music playing as you go round...I mean talk about perfection!

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs
As you can see you can also get the train right through the World of Dinosaurs as well as experiencing it on-foot.

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

The movements and sound effects of the dinosaurs are so realistic and set an amazing atmosphere. Both Liam and I said it is the sort of attraction that will really grow with time too, as the bushes, trees and shrubbery come to life around the animatronic figures, the dino-world will only become more exciting and intense to experience.

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs
This is as 'graphic' as it gets, for those worried about little ones getting too scared!

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs
Scary? Me?

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

The route ends with a rather mischievous dinosaur who gives you a squirt of water if you stand too close, which of course proved endlessly entertaining for all the little ones.

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs Shop

There's also a brand new dinosaur shop - stocked full of gorgeous toys, stationery books and more - it's an absolute dino-lovers dream with prices to suit all budgets, as well as a small cafe/kiosk section to get snacks and drinks.

It's worth noting for those who haven't visited Paradise before that you don't pay any extra  to see the dinosaurs, it would be part of the standard admission price (this goes for all of the attractions/play areas within Paradise, excluding the train ride and a couple of ride on toys!)

More than ever now that the Dinos have arrived, Paradise offers incredible value for money in terms of bang for your buck for a family day out.

Dinosaurs...check
Amazing array of zoo animals...check
Farm animals...check
Big Cats walkway...check
Outdoor play areas (in abundance)...check
Outdoor Lagoon splash pool...check
Soft play...check
Train ride...check
Sandpit...check
Tractor/Trailer ride...check
Safari Golf...check
Speedway Museum...check
Woodland Walk...check
Stage shows running throughout the day at the Jungle Theatre...check
Birds and bird shows ... check
Gift shop, cafes, food vendors, picnic areas, Discovery Centre, Animal Resource Centre, face painting...you get the gist!

There is something for everyone at Paradise Wildlife Park.

Bert enjoying Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

We all throughly enjoyed it, but of course my dino-loving boy was the most ecstatic about our day...one of the park keepers even commented that Bert should change places with him as he clearly knew far more about the dinosaurs than he did. (Bert was SO chuffed at this comment!)

Bert spent the whole time as we were going round shouting things like...

 "WOW!! It's a PACHYCEPHALOSAURUS!"

I can't even pronounce it, let alone tell you a fact about it!

So, if you're looking for a day out to suit the whole family this Easter, then Paradise Wildlife Park has your back!

For more info and to book head to their website at www.pwpark.com

We were gifted a day at the launch of World of Dinosaurs in return for this honest review.

Paradise Wildlife Park World Of Dinosaurs

^^ Why not PIN THIS for later ^^

SaveSave

Tuesday 13 March 2018

Little Jem's Kitchen - Energy Balls *REVIEW*

Hey folks!

Today I want to introduce you to fabulous Janna, Bedford local and all-round lovely who runs Little Jem's Kitchen: which has been selling an amazing range of free from delicious treats including her famous energy balls as well as classics such as brownies & cheesecakes since 2016.

Energy Balls from Little Jem's Kitchen

Janna kindly hand delivered a mixed box of 20 of her energy balls to try - and I couldn't wait to report back to you guys here on the blog with my thoughts.

The energy ball/power ball/fat ball/protein ball revolution hit a few years ago, and it isn't going anywhere fast: it seems these little balls of goodness are firmly here to stay and I for one am thrilled. I often opt for one of these as my healthy daytime or evening snack when I'm being particularly nutritionally conscious or before/after a workout.

I've made my own may times over the years - and I do enjoy the process and end result - however, I always make a big batch of the same flavour (usually chocolate/almond) and I quickly find I'm bored of that particular one a week or so into eating them. They usually last for a month in the fridge, and I always waste some of the batch, which is a shame as they are not cheap to make (nuts, dates, cacao etc... expensive ingredients!) It is not realistic or  The answer to this wasteful dilemma is to order a whole variety of flavours from Little Jem's, and then you'll never get bored!

Jan's energy balls are all naturally vegan, vegetarian, refined sugar free, dairy & gluten free.

Energy Balls from Little Jem's Kitchen

And oh my goodness does Jan know how to do flavour!! I've actually never tasted such a delicious array of flavours in energy balls before (and I've tried quite a few let me tell you!)

Here's a list of the flavours I was lucky enough to try...

Chocolate Almond dipped in dark chocolate
Chocolate Orange dipped in dark chocolate
Matcha & Pistachio dipped in dark chocolate
Organic Chocolate Almond
Organic Chocolate Orange
Pistachio, Strawberry & Cardamom
Organic Chocolate Chilli
Matcha & Pistachio
Organic Mint Chocolate Crunch
Toffee Apple

My top three from this selection (in order) were:

1. Pistachio, Strawberry & Cardamom  - OH MY GOODNESS, these are truly scrumptious - so fruity, with a gorgeous crunch from freeze dried strawberry, the subtle perfume of cardamom and rich creaminess of pistachio: I could have happily eaten a whole box of just this flavour and never gotten bored!

Pistachio, Strawberry & Cardamom Energy Ball from Little Jem's Kitchen

2. Toffee Apple - comfort food in an energy ball - these taste bad for you, which is turn makes them taste even better. Caramel notes mixed with tangy apple: basically bonfire night in an energy ball.

3. Chocolate Orange dipped in dark chocolate - I never used to like chocolate orange flavoured things, but recently my tastes have begun to change, and this flavour was divine. The orange flavour tasted real - not synthetic and overly sweet as other orange flavoured chocolate products often do. The added luxury of being dipped in dark chocolate was the icing on the cake (energy ball).

But they were honestly all delicious - even the flavours I thought I wouldn't be so keen on (Matcha/Green Tea and Chocolate Chilli) were very tasty and had really exciting flavour profiles.

I loved the variation in textures between the balls, and that each one really was completely different to the next - it felt like I was choosing from a posh box of chocolates rather than opting an uber-healthy snack! WIN!

They were packaged beautifully in a white box with cello window, in colour coded paper cases and were labelled well, so it was clear which flavour each ball was. The label also advised me on how I should store them (a sealed container in the fridge) and how long they would last (up to one month from date made).

Energy Balls from Little Jem's Kitchen

PRICES

~ 6 balls for £5 (pick one flavour)
~ 12 balls for £9.50 (pick up to two flavours)
~ 24 balls for £18 (pick up to four flavours)
~ 48 balls for £33 (pick any of the 6 flavours)

Jan also sells her matcha (green tea) and pistachio energy balls with their added antioxidant benefits. These are great for that extra boost and helping aid mental stimulation and concentration.

Matcha Green Tea & Pistachio prices, as follows:

~ 6 balls for £6.00
~ 12 balls for £11.00
~ 24 balls for £21.00
~ 48 balls for £39.00

Flower Stem Energy Balls from Little Jem's Kitchen

Flower Stem Energy Balls from Little Jem's Kitchen

As well as boxed energy balls Jan has come up with these absolutely adorable energy ball flower stems to give as gifts. You could create a beautiful flower bouquet or add them to your existing flower arrangements as an added edible extra! A perfect alternative to an Easter egg for the health conscious, or for a gift for a birthday, anniversary or even a stocking filler!

If you'd like to try some of Janna's energy balls, or her other products including cupcakes, brownies, cheesecakes, relishes and jams then you can contact her below to order, or visit her at local markets/artisan/maker events around Bedfordshire (see her Facebook page for details of her next event).

Janna offers local pick up (she's in Bedford), local hand delivery (depending on location) or postage starting from £4.00 (depending on the size and weight of the package).

Janna says there is also a website coming soon, so watch out for that!

Contact Janna to order:

Little Jem's Kitchen on Facebook
@littlejemskitchen on Instagram
@ljkitchen on Twitter
littlejemskitchen@gmail.com by Email

Bye for now lovelies and happy healthy snacking!

Wednesday 7 March 2018

What was in our February 2018 Degustabox?

Degustabox UK

Oh my goodness, this is by far the best Degustabox we've had, and we've had a fair few good'uns. I loved pretty much every item included in the Feb box, and I'm excited to share them with you!

Degustabox February 2018 contents

Dr Karg's Organic Emmental Cheese & Pumpkin Seed Crispbread

£2.00

FROM THE BRAND: Our organic delight with wholegrain natural fibre and no additives. A crispy and crunchy combination   of an extra big helping of pumpkin seeds with aromatic, nutty Emmental cheese. Find us in Waitrose, Tesco, Sainsburys, Wholefoods Markets and Planet Organic, or your local independent deli, farm shop or health food store.

WHAT WE THOUGHT: I LOVED these crackers, they are so substantial and actually full of strong flavour unlike other crackers. Great on their own or with a topping. I also dunked one into soup, which was really tasty. I'd definitely buy these again if I saw them while shopping.

KITKAT Chunky New York Cheesecake

£0.65

FROM THE BRAND: An indulgent layer of creamy New York Cheesecake combined with a crispy wafer and thick milk chocolate.

WHAT WE THOUGHT: I didn't get a look in with this one, KITKAT Chunky is one of my husband Liam's favourite chocolate bars, incidentally he had already tried this variety when it came out, so he already knew that he loved it. It made a perfect evening treat for him with a cup of coffee. A big thumbs up from him. His main feedback was "I wish it was bigger".

Indie Bay Snacks Pretzel Bites: Sunflower Superseeds

£2.49

FROM THE BRAND: A bit like pretzels, but better! Indie Bay Snacks have reinvented the classics with ingredients such as spelt and quinoa, so they're crunchier, tastier and better for you. These baked little bites are a delicious source of fibre and protein, and contain fewer than 100 calories per portion.

WHAT WE THOUGHT: Oh my goodness, you know when you discover a brand-new to you snack and you just can't stop eating it? That's me with these - I had to be really restrained and measure out each portion, otherwise I'd have happily polished off the whole bag. Liam loved these too - we're both big pretzel fans, and they taste extremely pretzel-y. It is also nice to know they're healthier and lower in calories too.

Pretzel Bites from Indie Bay Snacks
Delicious Pretzel Bites from Indie Bay Snacks

Primrose's Kitchen Raw Beetroot and Ginger Muesli

£4.99

FROM THE BRAND: A vital and delicious combination of fresh English beetroot, zingy ginger, British gluten free oats and a virgin coconut oil. Balanced with a combination of nuts, seeds and extra love in the form of psyllium husk and chia. Our muesli is handmade and slowly dehydrated at low temperatures to preserve nutrients and flavour.

WHAT WE THOUGHT: I devoured this whole box in a week and a half. Hands down the nicest actually healthy muesli I've ever eaten. I loved the super strong and zingy ginger flavour, it was so punchy and the background sweetness and earthiness of the beetroot, very usual but a delicious combination. It had great texture too. I loved how pink in turned the milk or yoghurt when I ate it too! (I'm such a child!). Liam really dislikes beetroot, which meant I got to scoff the whole lot - hurrah!

Primrose's Kitchen breakfast
Yummy breakfast thanks to Primrose's Kitchen!!

The Protein Ball Co. Cherry & Almond

2 x £1.99

FROM THE BRAND: A sweet handful of raw pitted dates, free-range egg white protein, juicy sultanas and sour cherries. If you like Cherry Bakewell and want high protein - then these protein balls really are the cherry on top of the cake!

WHAT WE THOUGHT: No one else in the family got a look in with these, actually I tell a lie, I let Liam try one or two, but they were mostly mine!! I love protein balls and use them a lot as a healthy pre or post workout snack. I find them very filling and I'm always interested in trying new flavours. This one really hit the spot as I'm a huge Cherry Bakewell fan! Yummy! I also loved how convenient the little packs were, perfect for throwing in your handbag or gym bag.

HARIBO Fruitilicious

2 x £1.29

FROM THE BRAND: Fruitilicious is an exciting addition to HARIBO's range. Bursting with fruit flavour, this treat contains 30% less sugar than regular fruit gum sweets and offers the same great taste loved and expected from HARIBO. Fruitilicious features fruit shaped, smiley faces pieces in strawberry, raspberry, pineapple, orange, apple and lemon flavours.

WHAT WE THOUGHT: As expected, none of the adults in the house got even close to these sweets - they've gone straight into Bert's sweetie jar and he is throughly enjoying them. He is allowed 6-8 sweets at a time, depending on how generous I'm feeling, haha! And it is  reassuring to know they have 30% less sugar, he hasn't noticed at all, so I feel like that's a little mini parenting win.

Emily Crisps: Pineapple

£0.99

FROM THE BRAND: It's time to seriously up your crunch game with Emily Crisps, the range of premium fruit and vegetable crisps made from only the finest and freshest produce, and now available across the whole of the UK!

WHAT WE THOUGHT: I LOVE this brand, I first discovered them through Degustabox when they sent their bananas crisps as part of a box in 2017, I loved them so much that I bought a whole box direct from the website, before they were stocked in supermarkets. This was my first time of trying the pineapple ones, and they were really scrumptious. My favourite thing about these crisps is that they are actually crispy - most preserved or dried fruit is chewy/gummy and sticky, these are perfectly crunchy and a really satisfying snack. I regularly buy them when I see them in the shops, they're perfect for lunch boxes too!

True Nopal Cactus Water

£3.49

FROM THE BRAND: Ever tried cactus water? If not, well now's your chance! Don't just survive, thrive this winter with true nopal cactus water. Inspired by the desert and made from the prickly pear which grows on the Nopal cactus. True nopal cactus water provides 100% natural hydration, with no added sugar. Not to mention it also has half the calories of coconut water. True nopal has a clean, crisp, refreshing and light taste, with berry undertones. An ideal alternative to water and sugary drinks. It contains no sweeteners, preservatives, sodium, fat and is even suitable for vegans and is gluten free. What's not to like?

WHAT WE THOUGHT: Honestly, I'm always pretty sceptical about these 'health' drinks - and usually find they are either a) not as healthy as you think or b) have very little flavour. However, I was pleasantly surprised by this drink. I really enjoyed it, and at 9 calories per glass, it really isn't unhealthy at all. I drink mostly water, coffee and tea - and this cactus water became a lovely alternative for a glass of water when I fancied something different - I particularly enjoyed a glass with my meals. I loved the subtle fruitiness, and found it very refreshing. I'd definitely buy this again - especially in the summer!

Tootsie Roll Midgees

£2.50

FROM THE BRAND: Authentic American candy, Tootsie Roll chews, have been making the world sweeter since 1896! Enjoy this share bag of Tootsie Roll Midgees with all the family and get transported to the US, with a retro-style treat!

WHAT WE THOUGHT: I tried one of these and really didn't enjoy them. They have a very synthetic chocolatey flavour which I found underwhelming, and they are so super chewy and got stuck in my teeth. That being said, I am not a sweetie person, so it's no surprise I didn't enjoy them. They were too hard and chewy for me to give to Bert, he's only 4.5 and I still worry all the time about him choking, so instead we sent them into work with Liam, and his office buddies enjoyed them.

Degustabox Contents - February 2018
^^ Degustabox February 2018 Contents ^^

As usual I've picked my 3 top picks from this months box, it was actually so hard to choose, and I could easily have included most of them!

Degustabox: Mrs B's Top Picks February 2018

If you'd like to give Degustabox a try then you can receive a whopping £5.00 off your first box by using code:

1VRVA

at the checkout!

Enjoy you lovely lot...

For more info on Degustabox follow them on their social media channels:

If you would like to know more about the individual brands then you can find them on social media at:

Primrose's Kitchen Beetroot and Ginger Muesli
Facebook: @primroseskitchen
Instagram:  @primroseskitchen
Twitter:  @primroseskit

KitKat New York Cheesecake
Facebook: @kitkatuk
Twitter: @kitkat

Emily Crisps

Facebook: @emilycrisps
Instagram: @emilycrisps
Twitter: @emily_crisps

The Protein Ball Co.

Facebook: @theproteinball
Instagram: @theproteinballco
Twitter: @theproteinball

True Nopal Cactus Water

Facebook: @truenopaluk
Instagram: @truenopaluk
Twitter: @truenopaluk

Haribo

Facebook: @HariboUK
Twitter: @OfficialHARIBO

Indie Bay Snacks

Facebook: @indiebaysnacks
Instagram: @indiebaysnacks
Twitter: @indiebaysnacks

DR Karg
Facebook: @drkargs
Instagram: @drkargs

Tootsie Roll
Facebook: @tootsieroll
Instagram: @tootsieroll
Twitter: @tootsieroll

We were sent a Degustabox in return for our honest review.
SaveSave
SaveSave