Saturday 15 December 2018

New PJs from The Pyjama Factory *review*

The people over at The Pyjama Factory sent us an awesome little package last week - full with new pyjamas for the kiddies and Liam, plus a big snuggly dressing gown for me! I LOVE pyjamas, and would wear nightwear 100% of the time if I could get away with it - there's nothing better than getting new pyjamas - so I was super excited to feature this lovely brand here on the blog.

At The Pyjama Factory they sell an array of pyjamas for babies, children and adults, featuring loads of well loved characters such as: Harry Potter, Marvel Superheroes, Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom, Peppa Pig, Star Wars, Cars, Pokémon, Jurassic Park, PJ Masks and many more. They also sell adorable matching Christmas pyjamas for all the family, which are perfect for this time of year.

We opted for all-year-round wear pyjamas, and instead of going Christmas themed, we each picked our favourite item from the website - unsurprisingly, Liam picked a Star Wars set of mens pjs, Bert chose The Incredible Hulk (his favourite superhero) and Connie chose some Holly (from Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom) pyjamas. I was massively in need of a new cosy dressing gown, so opted for this rather than new pyjamas.

I have to say I am massively impressed with the quality of the pyjamas compared to their price - usually more budget friendly pyjamas would have a cheaper feel to them, but all three pyjama sets we received are great quality, and a good fit too. I always size up with pyjamas for the whole family as we like them loose and comfy - so I got Connie's in age 3-4 (She's a very big 2.5), Bert's in age 7-8 (he's a big 5.5) , Liam a medium (he's usually a S-M), and my robe in a size 16 (I'm usually a 12/14). I'm pleased I went bigger as they all fit well, and will last us a long time!

Each set has now been washed and dried too, and they've washed really well, not losing shape, no shrinkage or fading, which is great. They've quickly become the kids favourite pjs and so I've even had to get them washed and dried in a day, so they can wear them again the next night. Bert's had a run in with a jam sandwich, and came out of the washing machine unscathed too (thankfully, as I hadn't taken these pictures at the time!).

Connie's Ben and Holly Pyjamas were priced at £9.99

Bert's Incredible Hulk Pyjamas were priced at £10.99

Liam's Star Wars Pyjamas were priced at £15.99

and my dressing gown was priced at £20.99

If you're looking for an easy to navigate website, that sells great quality pyjamas for the whole family, then definitely go and check them out! The delivery was super-swift and FREE. Our total order should have cost a few pence shy of £58, which isn't bad going considering it clothed the whole family.

My dressing gown is called the Ladies Super Soft Flannel Fleece Embossed Animal Dressing Gown, and it is the softest thing ever - literally like wearing a warm hug! I loved that it features animal print (which I love and is so on-trend right now) but in quite an understated way - it's not the full-on Bet Lynch leopard print, but instead a muted grey tiger/zebra stripe effect, which, as the title would suggest is embossed into the fabric, giving it a gorgeous texture! It also has a hood, making it extra snuggly and warm, two pockets (which is so handy for mum life stuff - dummies, phone, tissues, snacks!) and a tie waist.

We had so much fun taking photos for this post - what is they say 'never work with children or animals'... it was genuinely like herding drunk sheep to try and get decent shots of everyone... here's a couple of outtakes to make you giggle!

Mrs Bishop

xxx

We were gifted the nightwear in return for this honest review.

Monday 3 December 2018

Degustabox November Box Review

Hello folks,

I've got a quick little review for you today...

If you're considering a subscription gift for a foodie this Christmas, a Degustabox food box subscription is a brilliant idea. Keep reading to the bottom of this post for a discount code too!

Degustabox - what is it?

So, here's what we thought about the contents of our Festive themed November Degustabox...

Degustabox November 2018 box

Product of the Month

Amy’s Kitchen
Organic Chunky Tomato & Organic Lentil Vegetable Soup
£1.80

Amy’s Organic Soups start as vegetables, not as broth. We create our soup base by slowly sautéing tender organics vegetables with herbs. This modern method of making soup allows for the unique flavour of each soup to come forward. Here you’ll try two of our favourites!

These soups are delicious!! They are really amazing quality and packed full of flavour. Tinned soup can so often be a bit of a let down for me, and I usually buy fresh soups, but I will definitely be looking out for these in the supermarket.  A great speedy lunch or light dinner option.

Emily Veg Crisps
Sweet Potato Sticks
£1.00

Get your crunch on with new Emily Veg Crisps Sweet Potato Sticks. Try classic Sea Salt with a sprinkling of salt over traditional yellow and bold purple sweet potato, or zesty Chilli and Lime with a beautiful mix of spice with sharp, tangy lime.

I'm obsessed with these sweet potato sticks, Ive tried the other flavours before, and their fruit ranges, and I think they're so tasty. I love the super crunchy texture, and how they aren't oily, as normal 'crisp' style snacks usually are.

Jules Destrooper
Almond Thins & Belgium Chocolate
£2.19
The classic Jules Destrooper crisp & nutty Almond Thins biscuit with a thin coating of just enough Belgian Milk chocolate. The perfect indulgent combination.

What a treat! Anything from Jules Destrooper is always a luxury, and these thin little nutty biscuits were divine with a cup of coffee - they're really crunchy and chocolatey enough to feel indulgent in a delicate and refined way.

Degustabox November 2018 box

Weetabix
On The Go Kids
£2.99

Make mornings smooth with Weetabix on the go for kids. With four single serve pouches in a multi pack, you can be prepared for those busy on the go mornings. In three delicious flavours, a source of Vitamin D, calcium, fibre and protein. No artificial sweeteners, colours or flavours.

We gave these drinks to Connie (Bert doesn't like sweet drinks, always opting for water or milk), and she adored them, most often drinking them in the buggy on the way to take Bert to school, wearing her pink fur coat and sunglasses, that's how she rolls at the moment, haha, she's SO AbFab! The drinks are great to give kids out and about ('on the go', as the name suggests!) and it's great as a parent to know the kids feel like they're having a treat, but actually you know they are a source of goodness.

Tabasco
Original Red Pepper Sauce
£2.00

Tabasco original Red Pepper Sauce celebrates its 150th anniversary this year. Tabasco Red Pepper Sauce is made with just three ingredients: red peppers, vinegar and salt. Tabasco is 0 calories and is vegan. Great added to eggs, stirred into Christmas Bloody Mary’s or mixed with mayo for a prawn cocktail.

If you like spicy food, you'll already be au fait with Tabasco sauce - an absolute classic, and for me, a store cupboard staple. I add it often to soups, stews, curries and sauces, it is the perfect condiment for those who like their food fiery!

Nick’s
Coconut Bar
£1.45

N!CK’s Coconut is a rich and delicious naturally sweetened coconut bar coated with milk chocolate, with no added sugar. The perfect choice for a delicious guilt-free indulgence. We never add sugar in our products, not now and never!

I think this was my favourite item in this months box - it is basically a posher, better quality and healthier version of a Bounty bar! Yasssss! I will definitely be buying more of these to enjoy as a treat - especially lovely as an afternoon snack/pick me up with a cup of tea.

Reese’s
Peanut Butter Snowman 141g
£3.00

A great seasonal treat – a Peanut Butter filled Snowman with a chocolate coating. The perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter.

What a cute Christmassy treat! We've actually saved this to give to a family member who loves Reese's, we thought it would make a perfect little treat for her at Christmas time.

Jack Daniel’s & Cola and Jack Daniel’s & Light Cola
£2.00

A perfect mix of Jack Daniel’s old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey & Cola and Jack Daniel’s Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey & Light Cola. Two convenient, perfectly mixed drinks whether you’re on the go or staying in with friends – best served chilled.

These are similar products to the lemonade one's we tried in a previous box - the light cola one is delicious, and not too heavy on the calorie front, so this would definitely be my choice of the two. If you're a JD fan, these are super convenient and ideal for taking to parties over the festive period.

Kallo
Organic Vegetable Stock Pots
£1.80

TAKE STOCK OF ALL YOUR INGRDIENTS THIS WINTER AND GO ORGANIC WITH Kallo. Kallo organic vegetable stock pots are the perfect partner to enhance all your family favourite, home cooked delicious dishes. Natural, organic and no added MSG or artificial ingredients, they simply add delicious flavour and nothing else.

I LOVE the Kallo stock products, and buy them frequently already - they really are one of the best quality stock pots available, and I'm pleased to have added the vegetable ones to my pantry!

The Bees Knees
Non Alcoholic Sparkling Wine (20cl)
£1.89

The ‘Bees’ is a sophisticated, vegan friendly alternative to sparkling wine. Made from grapes and infused with green tea, it offers floral aromas with refreshing acidity. It looks and tastes like a sparkling wine, but without alcohol, lower sugar, gluten-free and around half the calories of the average fizz.

This is another thing I've squirrelled away, to give a pregnant friend when she visits over the festive period, it's ideal for those who don't/can't drink or are driving and will hopefully help them to feel less left out. What a great idea!

DISCOUNT CODE...

If you'd like to give Degustabox a try then you can receive a whopping £5.00 off your first box by using code:

1VRVA

at the checkout!

Enjoy everyone and let me know if you try it!

For more info on Degustabox follow them on their social media channels:

Degustabox social media handles

We were sent our November Degustabox in return for this honest review.