Sunday 25 March 2018

World of Dinosaurs at Paradise Wildlife Park in Hertfordshire

Today I'm sharing with you an amazing day out not be missed if you're within a few hours travelling distance of Hertfordshire.

I've written previously here about our love of the brilliant Paradise Wildlife Park, but today saw the launch of their World of Dinosaurs. It is one of the UK's biggest & most spectacular dinosaur attractions. If you've got a dino-mad little one (or big one for that matter) then read on.

Set across acres of natural woodland World of Dinosaurs features 30 life-size, moving and roaring animatronic dinosaurs – a real thrill for any dinosaur adventurer! And on Saturday we were lucky enough to be part of the official launch day. The best news is that it is now open to the public (from Sunday 25th April 2018) just in time for the Easter Holidays!!

So, here's a little sneak peak of what you'll find in the Jurassic woods of Hertfordshire...

Actually first, lets talk about CAKE. Specifically this ABSOLUTELY AMAZING T-Rex cake by Mrs R Bakes. I genuinely thought it was a statue at first, but no, it's a cake!! Bert was mesmerised by it and kept sniffing it?! In fact, I put him to bed tonight still disgruntled that he didn't get a slice (they're cutting it for the public tomorrow). I did try to explain that he may not have had cake, but he did get to see the amazing dinosaurs before anyone else, then got to spend the rest of his day among all the incredible animals at the zoo, play on all the amazing play equipment, have a hotdog and chips for lunch and bring home a new toy dinosaur, but apparently there's no pleasing some 4 year olds! Ha!

Dinosaur Cake by Mrs R Bakes for Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs
T-Rex cake of DREAMS
So, back to World of Dinosaurs...here is a sneak peek of what you can expect if you bring your family along...lifesize, moving, roaring and just amazing dino beasts set among natural woodland...enjoy...

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs
Triceratops - my favourite dinosaur, because, you've got to have a favourite with a dino-mad son!

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

You can meander through the dinosaurs on a purpose built sandy pathway which is really wide and allows for many people to walk round freely without crowding. You follow a clear route which means you can't miss anything, and the paths are ideal for pushchairs and wheelchairs too.

They even have the Jurassic Park theme music playing as you go round...I mean talk about perfection!

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs
As you can see you can also get the train right through the World of Dinosaurs as well as experiencing it on-foot.

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

The movements and sound effects of the dinosaurs are so realistic and set an amazing atmosphere. Both Liam and I said it is the sort of attraction that will really grow with time too, as the bushes, trees and shrubbery come to life around the animatronic figures, the dino-world will only become more exciting and intense to experience.

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs
This is as 'graphic' as it gets, for those worried about little ones getting too scared!

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs
Scary? Me?

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

The route ends with a rather mischievous dinosaur who gives you a squirt of water if you stand too close, which of course proved endlessly entertaining for all the little ones.

Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs Shop

There's also a brand new dinosaur shop - stocked full of gorgeous toys, stationery books and more - it's an absolute dino-lovers dream with prices to suit all budgets, as well as a small cafe/kiosk section to get snacks and drinks.

It's worth noting for those who haven't visited Paradise before that you don't pay any extra  to see the dinosaurs, it would be part of the standard admission price (this goes for all of the attractions/play areas within Paradise, excluding the train ride and a couple of ride on toys!)

More than ever now that the Dinos have arrived, Paradise offers incredible value for money in terms of bang for your buck for a family day out.

Dinosaurs...check
Amazing array of zoo animals...check
Farm animals...check
Big Cats walkway...check
Outdoor play areas (in abundance)...check
Outdoor Lagoon splash pool...check
Soft play...check
Train ride...check
Sandpit...check
Tractor/Trailer ride...check
Safari Golf...check
Speedway Museum...check
Woodland Walk...check
Stage shows running throughout the day at the Jungle Theatre...check
Birds and bird shows ... check
Gift shop, cafes, food vendors, picnic areas, Discovery Centre, Animal Resource Centre, face painting...you get the gist!

There is something for everyone at Paradise Wildlife Park.

Bert enjoying Paradise Wildlife Park World of Dinosaurs

We all throughly enjoyed it, but of course my dino-loving boy was the most ecstatic about our day...one of the park keepers even commented that Bert should change places with him as he clearly knew far more about the dinosaurs than he did. (Bert was SO chuffed at this comment!)

Bert spent the whole time as we were going round shouting things like...

 "WOW!! It's a PACHYCEPHALOSAURUS!"

I can't even pronounce it, let alone tell you a fact about it!

So, if you're looking for a day out to suit the whole family this Easter, then Paradise Wildlife Park has your back!

For more info and to book head to their website at www.pwpark.com

We were gifted a day at the launch of World of Dinosaurs in return for this honest review.

Paradise Wildlife Park World Of Dinosaurs

^^ Why not PIN THIS for later ^^

SaveSave