Monday, 17 September 2018

Cheese & Branston Pickle Savoury Bread & Butter Pudding Recipe

Cheese & Pickle Bread & Butter Pudding Recipe

This is SUCH a tasty and versatile recipe. It's the perfect way to pimp up a sandwich lunch, or make a quick evening meal. It's budget friendly, really comforting and even the kids will love it too.

It's really great if you want to make a sandwich based lunch that bit more interesting, or if you want something warming and hearty during the colder months.

In this recipe, I've taken the basic principle of a bread and butter pudding, but given it a savoury twist! Think of a hybrid between a toasted sandwich, omelette, quiche and cheese on toast.

This version of the recipe uses the British classic - Branston Pickle, but there's a whole host of variations you could try (see ideas below).

Cheese & Pickle Bread & Butter Pudding Recipe

Ingredients:
  • 6 slices of brown or white sandwich loaf
  • butter (to make sandwiches)
  • grated cheese (to make sandwiches)
  • Branston Pickle Smooth or Original (to your taste, for sandwiches)
  • 3 eggs
  • 400 ml semi skimmed milk
  • 40g grated cheddar
  • salt and pepper
  • 20g grated cheddar to sprinkle on top before baking

Method:

1. Pre heat oven to 180 and butter an oven proof dish.

2. Make 3 conventional cheese & pickle sandwiches, be really generous with the pickle - you can use either smooth or original depending on your own preferences!

3. Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles, then arrange the triangles in two rows into the buttered oven proof dish.

4. Spread a little more butter on any dry pieces of bread which are visible once the sandwiches are arranged in the dish (this is to prevent burning or drying out in the oven).

5. In a jug whisk together 3 eggs, 400ml milk, 30g grated cheese, salt & pepper. Pour this savoury custard mix over sandwiches into the oven proof dish.

Cheese & Pickle Bread & Butter Pudding Recipe

6. Sprinkle on the final 20g of grated cheese & bake for 25-30 mins until the custard is set and the whole thing is golden and bubbling. Leave for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.

Serves 3-4

We served ours with a green salad containing pickled gherkins, olives and Silverskin onions (think Ploughman's lunch vibes)...

Cheese & Pickle Bread & Butter Pudding Recipe

Do have a play with this recipe and pimp up your favourite sandwich combo. Use the three sandwiches plus custard base of the recipe and get creative...

Why not try...

Cheese and marmite
Cheese and onion
Cheese and tomato
Cheese and ham
Cheese, bacon and onion
Cheese and pesto
Cheese & tuna mayo (Tuna melt)
Mozarella, tomato and basil

The possibilities are endless...

Cheese & Pickle Bread & Butter Pudding Recipe

^^ Why not Pin This for later ^^

11 comments:

  1. Nice post. I study one thing tougher on completely different blogs everyday.Much thanks for this valuable article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.
    shipping bar app App Shipping Bar Master autoketing

    ReplyDelete
  2. What’s Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I hope to contribute & aid other users like its aided me. Great job. campaigns in singapore

    ReplyDelete
  3. website marketing
    We're a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your site offered us with valuable information to work on. You've done a formidable job and our entire community will be thankful to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You, my friend, ROCK! I found simply the information I already searched all over the place and just couldn't come across. What an ideal website. van rental singapore

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four e-mails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Bless you! best cannabis grow lights

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am curious to find out what blog platform you happen to be utilizing? I'm experiencing some small security issues with my latest site and I'd like to find something more secure. Do you have any suggestions?toefl speaking samples

    ReplyDelete
  7. food games
    basketball free online
    soccer free online
    am curious to find out what blog platform you happen to be utilizing? I'm experiencing some small security issues with my latest site and I'd like to find something more secure. Do you have any suggestions?toefl speaking samples

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you desire to grow your know-how simply keep visiting this web page and be updated with the newest gossip posted here.
    friv free online juegos
    2player games for kids
    io jogos 2019

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantabulous observe this has been. in no way seen this understandable of beneficial claim. i'm grateful to you and assume more quantity of posts at the side of those. thank you intensely a lot.
    miniclip juegos, a10games, Jogos de Friv

    ReplyDelete
  10. I accidentally saw your post and it attracted me from the first few seconds, it was excellent, hope you have more successful posts.
    friv jogos gratis, kizi 2 unblocked, pbs math kids games

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get good feelings everytime I read your posts.I can enrich my knowledge.so happy to find good place to many here in the post. the writing is just great. thanks for the post.
    online games free
    friv jogos online
    jogos360

    ReplyDelete