Sunday, 14 April 2013

Hot Cross Buns - Mr Hollywood strikes again!

I'm well aware that I'm majorly late with this post - apologies!...But having been away for Easter this year, I haven't had the time to bake these until now. After watching Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry's Great British Bake Off - Easter Special just before I went away, I have been desperate to try Paul's Hot Cross Bun recipe. I LOVE a hot cross bun, especially toasted, and thought it would be a fun & challenging bake.

I am so pleased with the outcome, and the fact that it made 15 buns (I love a big batch bake)  AND they are perfect for freezing, makes life so much easier. This is especially good as making the buns is a lengthy process (not hard, just lots of 'waiting' time for the dough to prove 3 times, each for one hour) the more you can make in one go, the better.

The buns were soooo yummy - very fruity, spicy and the apricot jam glaze totally transforms the buns into something really sticky and exciting. I loved piping the flour/water paste crosses, and the smell that fills your kitchen when they bake for twenty minutes is purely magical!

Find the recipe here. I followed Paul's recipe exactly and they came out really well.

the buns before last prove

buns with crosses, ready for oven

some of the buns after baking & glazing

the arty instagram shot

I know its no longer Easter, but go on...have a go.

They're yummy ANY time of the year! How about playing around with the piping of the flour paste too? Hot Heart Buns, Hot Squiggle Buns...the possibilities are endless :-)

Big hugs

  1. This web-site is actually a walk-through it really is the info you wished with this and didn’t know who must. Glimpse here, and you’ll definitely discover it.
    jogos friv online
    Jogos live
    jogos friv 4 school

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always read the supplement labels to see if there are warnings that would make them inappropriate for you. And, of course if you have any medical conditions or take medications or other supplements it's always a good idea to speak with your doctor before starting anything new.
    Jogos 2019
    360 jogos gratis
    games io online

    ReplyDelete
  3. Art is important in times of savage destruction because it stands for what is uniquely and indestructibly human; it affirms the values of civilization against the brute force of animal aggression; it is an antithesis of barbarism that evinces the highest standards of beauty and order that humanity is capable of. It is a statement of resistance against chaos.
    kizi
    free games online 2019
    friv game 2019

    ReplyDelete