Friday 2 May 2014

Torin the T Rex from Lamaze!

LAMAZE-ING TOYS …

We are a huge fan of Lamaze toys. Bert was bought some as gifts in the first few months after his arrival, and we loved them instantly, soon going on to purchase many more to add to Bert's collection.

What we love generally about these toys is how colourful and sensory they are - with different textures, mirrored pieces, sounds, squeaks and crinkly pieces which together make the toys so engaging for our little ones. We also love the story element in these toys - Lamaze produce characters with funky names such as Sir Prancealot (The Knight on Horseback pictured below left) and Captain Calamari the octopus, who, until recently was Bert's favourite toy...

...Sadly, The Captain, as he was known in our house, has been misplaced (I fear he's been dropped out of the buggy when I wasn't looking) and in a twist of fate straight out of a Toy Story movie, we have no idea where he is and if he'll ever find his way back to us. :-(

Here is Bert's ever expanding collection of Lamaze-ing toys (minus The Captain)

:-(

So, when Lamaze approached us and asked if we'd road test some of their latest toys we jumped at the chance.

Before we knew it a parcel had arrived and we had two newbies to add to our collection - the wonderful Torin the T-Rex, and the accompanying Hide and Seek book. Lucky Bert!

Torin the T-Rex currently priced at £10.99

Torin in all his glory!

Both toys contain a mixture of different sensory fabrics, colours, bold patterns, squeakers, crinkly bits and hoops to attach them to a buggy/highchair. The large Torin has teething rings attached perfect for chomping on, and both toys are suitable for babies from 0 months +.

Bert was instantly interested in these new arrivals, and I'd barely gotten them out of the packaging before he was rolling around on the floor with them having a whale of a time...

look at the concentration...

my son does get himself into some funny positions!

Look at that face!! Soooo happy with his new dino buddy!

Over the past few weeks Torin has become a firm favourite in this house, and he loops onto the hood of the buggy every day now for Bert to play with while we are out and about. So attached is Bert to Torin that he now falls asleep regularly holding on to his rather lovely black and white tail…

Is this not just the most adorable thing ever?

As usual I am impressed with the quality of these toys, and they don't disappoint in terms of their gorgeous design, sensory interest for our little ones, and how easy the toys are for Bert to hold, bite, and cuddle. Also great that they loop onto his buggy for our outdoor escapades - they tick every box for me!

The book is a lovely toy to share with Bert as we can sit together and turn the pages (without the fear of him ripping them in excitement), and weave Torin through the holes in the pages playing hide 'n' seek. The fact that the tiny Torin is firmly attached by a length of ribbon to the book, is brilliant, as there is no fear of him being dropped and lost, like The Captain.

I would highly recommend any of the Lamaze range, and will continue to buy Bert these wonderful toys for as long as he'll keep playing with them.

WIN! With Lamaze and BabyWorld.co.uk

Lamaze has just launched a FABULOUS competition over at BabyWorld.co.uk where you can be in with a chance of winning lots of Lamaze goodies by submitting a story idea using a Lamaze character as the central character…the top prize winner get's their story made into a real life Lamaze book!!!

Go and check it out here

GOOD LUCK to anyone who enters.

Happy toy playing to all my readers with little ones!

I hope you're all having a great day!

Disclaimer: We were sent a Torin The T-Rex toy and book for the purpose of this review. As usual, all words, pictures and opinions expressed are my own.