Thursday 29 June 2017

#MerryMorrisons17 - Festive frivolity in June with Morrisons...

Yesterday saw me head to the Big Smoke for a day of PR events, work meetings and appointments. It was a busy day running up and down the Piccadilly line but I do love me a work day in London. There's nothing like the odd day of grown up duties without the babies in tow. I left the house at 9:20am and walked back in at 8:20pm feeling great but completely shattered...I'd walked flippin' miles!

My first stop was to attend the #MerryMorrisons17 Christmas Preview Press Day on Victoria Embankment near Covent Garden - you'll remember I attended last year too and I was excited to see what goodies Morrisons have heading our way for this year's Festive season.

Set up as a market street, the event was full-to-bursting with glorious market stalls glimmering and overflowing with festive bounty ...my eyes didn't know where to look first!

Merry Morrisons 2017 Christmas Preview Press Day
Merry Morrisons 2017 Christmas Preview Press Day
The first stall to catch my eye was the gorgeous flower market; they've some truly stunning bouquets this year full of traditional reds, greens, golds and silver, frosted berries and glitter leaves, holly and wreaths - they've gone all out traditional in this years offerings.

Merry Morrisons 2017 Christmas Preview Press Day
Floral offerings at this years preview
Next I meandered round the food stalls - trying tempting little tasters of many of the festive foods on offer. One thing I will say is you'll never come away from a Morrisons PR event hungry - boy do they look after you! With a warm spiced apple hot toddy in hand, being idly stirred with a cinnamon stick releasing its heady spiced aroma, I munched my way through the afternoon feeling stupidly festive and excited for what's to come later this year.

Here's a selection of my top picks for this Christmas...

The Best Stuffing Cracker
The Best Stuffing Cracker - because what's left to add to your Christmas dinner table...pastry of course!! A delicious hand-folded puff pastry cracker for the Christmas table - stuffed with spiced British pork, festive fruits and nuts, and topped with cranberries and a poppy seed sprinkle.

In-Store produced Giant Christmas Pudding Cookie
In-Store produced Giant Christmas Pudding Cookie - prepared by their Cake Shop experts this cookie is the size of 12 standard cookies!

The Best Pedro Ximénez Sherry and Pear Christmas Pudding -  A gold-lustred rich fruit pudding packed with juicy vine fruits and laced with cider, The Best Pedro Ximénez Sherry and brandy, with a hidden molten centre of quince and pear sauce.

Adorable Snowman Cake - sure to put a smile on everyone's face this Christmas!

Decorate Your Own Gingerbread House Kit
Decorate Your Own Gingerbread House Kit - Everything you need to make a deluxe gingerbread house, including easy-to-assemble pre-baked gingerbread pieces, icing and candy.

The Best Apricot & Cranberry Topped Pork Pie
The Best Apricot & Cranberry Topped Pork Pie - £13. What a centrepiece for your Boxing Day buffet table - Seasoned British pork layered with creamy Brussels pâté and encased in a rich hot water crust pastry. Hand-finished with apricots, cranberries and a festive cranberry & port jelly.

The Best Festive Pork Pie
The Best Festive Pork Pie £15 - another centrepiece winner - select cuts of British pork mixed with smoked bacon, chestnuts and thyme are hand-layered with British turkey in a hot water crust pastry. Hand-finished with festive cranberry and port jelly and a gold pastry crown.

Snowman cookies - my kids will go MAD for these at Christmas!
As always I was absolutely besotted with the clothing ranges from Nutmeg. Last Christmas I dressed the whole family head-to-toe in Nutmeg for Christmas, and it looks as if this year will be no exception - my absolute favourite being this adorable fox outfit for Connie - SWOON!

Fox Jumper £8 Pleated Skirt £5 available in sizes newborn up to 24 months.
Another favourite of mine from this years showcase was this adorable "Mini-Me" range of Christmas jumpers available in adult and children sizes so you can match your little ones over the festive period - amazing!

Adult jumpers £12, children's jumpers £10.

Mini Me Christmas Jumpers range from Nutmeg at Morrisons
Mini Me Christmas Jumpers range from Nutmeg at Morrisons

Mini Me Christmas Jumpers range from Nutmeg at Morrisons
Mini Me Christmas Jumpers range from Nutmeg at Morrisons
Finally, I couldn't do a Christmas round-up without including a Christmas card, and this Season's Tweetings card was by far my favourite - you all know I have such a thing about little birds, and who doesn't love a robin with a button or pompom belly?? Adorable.

Season's Tweetings Robin card from Morrisons.
Season's Tweetings Robin card from Morrisons.
I think you'll agree we've got some tasty treats awaiting us this Christmas thanks to the Morrisons team, who have absolutely nailed a fuss-free, traditional but affordable Christmas offering this year.

Christmas Tree Crumpets
Christmas Tree Crumpets for breakfast this morning courtesy of my #MerryMorrisons17 goody bag!
Naturally, today the kids and I started our day with Christmas Tree shaped crumpets (from my #MerryMorrisons17 goody bag yesterday) smothered in The Best Raspberry Conserve which is TO DIE FOR. Bert thought a Christmas breakfast in June was HILARIOUS and I had all the mum points for producing a Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Gingerbread biscuit as his mid morning snack too! Thanks Morrisons. :-)

What's your favourite festive food? What do you look forward to eating most each Christmas?