Tuesday, 24 July 2012

What a Hen Weekend!!! :-)

Well, I am a very lucky & spoilt Hen! :-)

This weekend was my Hen Do - it's 3 weeks until the big day & I was sooo excited about going away with all my favourite people for the weekend. All I knew was the location - one of my very favourite places in the whole WORLD ... Windsor.

We got there at 11:30 am on the Saturday, and I was met by lots of lovely smiling faces & one face not so smiley....my beautiful cousin Michelle, who readily informed me she was in fact in the early stages of labour! But would tag-along on as much of the hen do as she could manage before the baby came! :-)

We all went to a beautiful place called The Crooked House of Windsor for Afternoon Tea; which was sooooo yummy! And just very 'me'. The house was built in 1592 as a Market Cross House, and has its famous tilt because they builder used unseasoned green oak to build it!

Beautiful Crooked House!

The food was Amazingly yummy!

 And it was opposite my most favourite shop in the whole world! :-)

Next we did a lot of shopping....purchases from the weekend included....
  • 2 meters of beautiful Cath Kidston oil cloth for my dining room table
  • Some GORGEOUS soldier themed PJ bottoms from Cath Kidston
  • Some very cute Navy floral culottes from Fat Face
  • 2 pairs of shoes from Dorothy Perkins
  • AND a stunning set of freshwater pearls & stud earrings from M&S
:-) Shopping makes Lucy a happy Hen!

Next, we headed to our hotel (which was a lovely surprise!) It was called The Sir Christopher Wren Spa Hotel, Windsor & was absolutely stunning!

The Hotel

The Library

The Lobby

Our room (me & my lovely friend Lucy!)

I was lucky enough to be staying in the most beautiful room, with spa bath, HUGE bed & just general all round gloriousness! :-)

I nipped for a quick Jacuzzi before getting ready for dinner, which was at a very sweet & swanky restaurant next door called River Side, so named because it sat neatly on the edge of the Thames.

Gorgeous chandelier in the restaurant!

My starter - goats cheese stack!

The pate starter - yum!

The salmon quiche starter...! Gives you the idea of the standard of the yummy food!

It was so lovely looking around the table of 20 women & knowing they were all there to celebrate with me!

On Sunday, after a very late night, and a good rest in the very swanky bed, we had a scrummy breakfast on the patio terrace of the hotel in the glorious sunshine! We also had to wave goodbye to my lovely cousin Michelle, who was by this point mid-way through her labour, and in need of a hospital delivery suite (*squeal with excitement!*) !!

My very very tasty breakfast @ Sir Christopher Wren Spa Hotel.

Breakfast was followed by a lovely neck, shoulder and back massage in the hotel's spa. What a treat! Especially as I have such a poorly back!

Next, we met all the lovely ladies down on the river for a beautiful and serene boat ride down the Thames....dressed as Pirates! They turned up with full Pirate regalia for me....hilarious!!

We ended the awesome weekend with a final flourish in the shops, followed by a Weatherspoon's lunch! :-)

What a weekend!

We arrived home at 6:30pm to be told that my cousin Michelle had given birth to a beautiful and healthy baby boy!

Welcome to the world Paris Leandros Catacos!

Paris Leandros Catacos (my little 1/4 Greek beauty!)

Me & Paris

So.... to my cousin Michelle & her wonderful husband Paris Senior, CONGRATULATIONS!

And to my gorgeous cousin Vicky and twin sister Jo, THANK YOU SOOOOOOO much for organising the most AMAZING Hen Weekend I could have possibly asked for! You know me so well!

xxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again
    jogos friv online
    Jogos live
    jogos friv 4 school

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am interestingly here. I discovered this board and I in discovering It genuinely supportive and it helped me out a great deal. I plan to present something back and help other people, for example, you helped me.
    Jogos para crianças 2019
    360 jogos 2019
    io games

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’ve made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for more information about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this website.
    kizi free online Games
    games online for kids
    friv free Games 2019

    ReplyDelete