Monday, 13 May 2013

Baby Bishop's Blanket

One of my goals for before Baby Bishop's arrival in August was to hand make some items for him/his nursery. I love to do many different crafts, and tend to be a jack of all crafts, master of none. This year I wanted to concentrate on key crafts I really enjoy and develop my skills in these areas. I also wanted to challenge myself by completing a sewing course (machine sewing), which took me far out of my comfort zone.

Having completed the sewing course back in March making a set of lovely cushions for the nursery & a new bag for myself, my next task was to complete a knitted item for Baby Bishop.

My set of cushions for the nursery

I decided on a knitted striped pram blanket in colours that would match the pushchair/pram we've chosen. I used wool from the wonderful MonsterYarns . I chose a soft bulky yarn in shades of yellow, teal and forest green. Attending a fortnightly Monster-Yarns knitting club really helped me to stay focused and on-track with the project, and my wonderful friend & knitting coach Judit (from Monster Yarns) kindly finished off my blanket by crocheting the edge for me (I am yet to master crochet).

I am really pleased with my final blanket and glad I have completed some hand made items for our little man when he comes along. There is something so satisfying about making rather than purchasing for a baby. I'm also pleased that I've gotten the cushions and blanket done in good time, so as I'm not rushing to finish them.

 The finished blanket :-)

I have also been working on hand making some birthday presents for friends and family this year, as one of my goals for the year is to hand make as many presents/gifts as possible. More on that in another blog post...

Now it's back to Monday & the grim reality of work! Boooo!

Mrs B

Xxx

4 comments:

  1. My pleasure to help Lucy! I'm pleased that my little addition can rub cheeks with your great looking cushions and soon, Baby Bishop!
    Take it slow - your housing someone very important : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info
    jogos friv online
    Jogos live
    jogos friv 4 school

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Whitman-Hanson Girls Varsity Lacrosse team won their preliminary round state tournament game at Nauset today 10-4. The first half saw the Warriors come out with some speed and WH found themselves in a 3-0 hole. Some small adjustments on defense and more hustle on the circle led the Panthers to a 5-3 lead with 4 minutes to go in the first half.
    Jogo para menino
    jogos online 360
    game io 2019

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was dinner tonight at our house... I am too tired some days to come up with fantastic or extravagant meal ideas, plus the kids don't eat my best meals anyways. Tonight I wanted them to get some good calories so I added sausage to the recipe. It's delicious and hearty and best of all, it's super easy.
    Geesh, what an ego on this one. Sure hope he and those other Founding Fathers can put in a few clauses about women’s independence in all those documents they’re fighting about because being unable to own property or vote, and precluded by sex from 98 percent of jobs in the Colonies is really slowing down my game. I’d dump this jerk in a heartbeat if I had more options.
    kizi free Games
    free online games 2019
    friv school 2019

    ReplyDelete