Monday 20 January 2014

Moments That Mattered 2013

This month I've been looking back over last year and reminiscing about all the moments that really mattered to me.

It was an awesome year and I want to share with you the most special moments and photographs that went with them...

all of my Scone Roses WI nights - which mostly involved eating cake, gossiping and lots of crafting!

all of the many bakes I created - including this fun giant fondant fancy cake which I made for my mums birthday last May - baking makes me so happy, and I was proud that I managed so many creations despite being heavily pregnant for a lot of 2013.

Our fab holiday to Looe in Cornwall with my husband, mum, stepdad, sister and auntie last Easter (which you can read more about here)

Having the amazing (and reassuring) scans during my pregnancy and finding out we were having a boy! It felt amazing to see his little heart beating, and watch him kick his legs and move his arms. It made it seem so real.

Crafting homemade items for my baby son like this reversible change/play mat using this fabulous cockatoos fabric! Proud of myself, and I use it sooo much! I also made a stripy knitted pram blanket, and cushions for his nursery in the cockatoos fabric.

Carrying around my amazing (and huge) bump - I did this for a lot of 2013 :-)

The birth of my amazing baby boy Albert - although the birth was horrendous, scary and very painful - that moment when he arrived and I knew he was safe, heard his cry and saw what he looked like for the first time was absolutely the best moment in my whole life, let alone year.

My press night at Biscuiteers in Notting Hill - it was amazing fun to get out and about just as 'me' rather than as Mummy - it was a really fun night, I met some lovely people, and enjoyed a spot of shopping at one of my favourite shops on the way there (Joules) and a glass of prosecco on arrival. You can read more about the Biscuiteers press night here

My fun afternoon/night out with my lovely friend Liz - we went to Biscuiteers in Notting Hill for afternoon tea, followed by an art lecture at The V&A Museum by the amazing paper cutter Rob Ryan. (You can read all about it here)

Watching my cheeky boy enjoy his first Christmas!

What a year! I wonder what 2014 has in store?

Disclaimer: This post is my entry into the Moments That Mattered competition to win an iPad Mini in association with Lloyds Bank