Sunday 5 April 2015

Get in the mood for Easter with Some Fun Bakes & Appliances from Ramsbottom Kitchens

Easter is here and there are so many different ways you can celebrate. There are church services, Easter egg hunts, pancake races and of course your lovely new outfits to wear! But there is one thing that almost everyone does and that is cook a nice dinner with spectacular treats and dishes to enjoy with your friends and family. Cooking is not only refreshing, but it also helps put you in the mood for the holiday!

Some of the more popular Easter recipes we look forward to and come to expect to see on this very special holiday include: Carrot Cake, Hot Cross Buns, Easter Simnel Cakes, Chocolate Egg Nest Cakes, Easter Biscuits and of course the legendary Battenberg Cake! I've had fun over the years making them all - here are some of my results!

Mrs Bishop's Easter Bakes: Simnel Cake, Batternburg Cake, Hot Cross Buns and Carrot Cake!

One of the best Easter recipes almost everyone enjoys eating is Carrot Cake (my favourite cake EVER!!) The recipe for Carrot Cake calls for twelve ingredients and the frosting recipe calls for four ingredients. That being said, it is an easy process to make this classic, delicious cake - there are thousands of recipes out there - I like to use Felicity Cloake's 'Perfect Carrot Cake' over on The Guardian's website.

So, for the cake you need:

150g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
150g soft light brown sugar
3 free-range eggs
200g self-raising wholemeal flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp grated nutmeg
Zest of 1 orange
100g sultanas or raisins
200g carrots, peeled and grated
100g pecans, toasted and roughly chopped, plus extra to decorate

For the icing:

150g full-fat cream cheese
50g light brown soft sugar
Zest of ½ lemon and a squeeze of juice
Pinch of Nutmeg

METHOD

1. Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line the bases of 2 x 18cm sandwich tins.

2. Put the melted butter, sugar and eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk well until the ingredients are thoroughly combined and the mixture has almost doubled in volume.

3. Sift together the flour, bicarb, salt and spices and then fold very gently into the liquid mixture, being careful to knock as little air out as possible. Fold in the remaining ingredients and divide between the tins. Bake for about 30 minutes until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool in the tins.

4. Meanwhile, beat together the icing ingredients and refrigerate. When the cakes are cool enough to ice, remove from the tins, top one with half the icing, and then the other cake. Ice the top, and decorate with the remaining pecans.

My 'Perfect' Carrot Cake

You could also try this recipe for awesome Coffee and Walnut Battenberg Cake by the Queen of Cakes, Mary Berry. I made this a few years ago, and it went down a storm - it looks so pretty and is a really fun bake! It is an excellent take on a classic recipe for Easter... not only does it taste absolutely wonderful but it is very appealing to look at and brings a special ambiance to your Easter table!

My attempt at Mary Berry's Coffee & Walnut Battenberg

All of the Easter classics you serve for dinner, dessert or even a sweet afternoon treat can be prepared in wonderful designer kitchen appliances available from Ramsbottom Kitchens.

Personally, I've had my eye on some of these appliances for years, I would especially love one of the Neff Slide & Hide Ovens. Ever since I saw them in use on The Great British Bake Off I've thought what a simple but brilliant concept they are...

Neff Slide & Hide Oven

The Neff Slide & Hide Ovens have really awesome qualities; the key feature being a door that slides beneath the oven that allows for easy access to the contents inside the oven, and more room to get what you need from the oven or put it in without taking a lot of space in the kitchen with the oven door still open and protruding into your kitchen space. This is safe for those that have little ones as well as allowing a lot of flexibility within the kitchen while baking.

Quooker Boiling Water Tap

Another great designer kitchen appliance everyone should have in their home is the Quooker Boiling Water Tap System. This amazing system lets you get boiling water straight from the tap. Just as you would turn the tap on to get cold or hot water, it also has a boiling water option for you. Having this system in place in your kitchen will cut down your cooking and baking time tremendously. Imagine how much time will be saved cooking your Easter dinner and making these top baking recipes.

Update your kitchen this Easter with these wonderful kitchen appliances and get in the mood for Easter with these fun and traditional baking ideas!

This is a sponsored post.