Wednesday, 10 June 2015

#ItsInTheBagBaby - What I Can't Leave Home Without...

#ItsInTheBagBaby

It never ceases to amaze me just how much "stuff" children need. I used to be able to leave the house with a small handbag, and be done with it. These days I pretty much can't leave without a large holdall full to bursting with Bert's 'kit'.

Granted, as Bert's gotten older we can nip out for an hour without much at all, but any more than that and I tend to leave the house with the kitchen sink in tow.

I'm a 'like to be prepared' kind of Mumma - so I tend to plan ahead where I can to ensure I've got all my bases covered. That doesn't mean I haven't been caught short on occasion forgetting to pack a snack, or bum cream, or heaven forbid, that tiny little toy he wants now were out but hasn't looked at in 2 months! Ha....toddlers!

At 'mummy of a toddler' stage (Bert is now 21 months), this is my Baby Bag Essentials list:

For Bert:

-Changing mat (handmade by moi using Quentin Blakes Cockatoos fabric & red/white gingham oilcloth)
-Nappies (size 5)
-Wipes
-Nappy Sacks
-Sudocream
-Factor 50 Suncream
-Reins
-A change of clothes (usually joggers, vest, tshirt, socks, bib)
-Antibacterial hand gel
-Antibacterial wipes
-SNACKS! (Usually raisins, an apple and a small packet of mini biscuits)
-A couple of small toys (usually dinosaurs!)
-A big drink of water in his dinosaur drinks bottle

For Mumma:

-Purse
-Keys
-Phone
-Sunglasses
-Mirror (a digestive biscuit pocket mirror none the less!)
-Lip balm
-Handcream
-Glasses wipes (I am FOREVER needing to wipe my glasses, sticky toddler fingers + specs don't mix too well!)
-My Kindle for those rare moments when Bert's fallen asleep in the buggy or is playing quietly while out and I can get a cheeky 5 minute read in.

The Essentials.

Always the last thing to be packed is Bert's dinosaur cup drink of water, as it can be a bit prone to the odd spill (so buried in the bottom of the bag is never a good idea unless I want the whole contents of the bag to be soggy!) Plus, he wants it then doesn't want it around a gazillion times while we're out, so right at the top is where it stays.

It's a hard life being out and about as a busy toddler: it's a good job Mum has all my bases covered!

I sometimes I pack my own personal things into a handbag rather than putting them in Bert's 'baby bag'. When I'm short on space in the buggy I will combine the two, and just pack my things into the little zip pouch in Bert's bag, whatever works that day really!

Have I missed any essentials that you like to carry?

I'd love to know what's in your baby bag...

Disclaimer: This post is my entry into the Pink Lining Ambassador Search.

3 comments:

  1. Love that you sneak a kindle in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting them.The articles contain plenty of knowledge and information. They are my cup of tea. I want to read more articles.
    best game Battle for the Galaxy Break The Cup For boy play Rapunzel Fashionista Busy Day game

    ReplyDelete
  3. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interfacejogos online 2019
    friv online Games for kids
    friv Games friv

    ReplyDelete