Thursday 21 September 2017

RECIPE: Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers Recipe by Mrs Bishop

Inspired by last week's trip to Edible Ornamentals Chilli Ranch I'm sharing a brand new recipe today for the most addictively scrumptious bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers.

Shawn (owner at Edible Ornamentals) talked me through the basic recipe and I've been playing around and perfecting it ever since. Now I'm confident I've got the ULTIMATE recipe.

BACON WRAPPED JALAPEÑO POPPERS

(makes 14 poppers)

INGREDIENTS

7 Jalapeño peppers, halved longways
1 200g tub of full fat cream cheese
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (I used Edible Ornamentals, naturally)
salt & pepper, to season
10-14 rashers of streaky bacon

METHOD

1. Pre-heat your oven to 180º.
2. Slice open your chilli peppers lengthways - leaving on the stalks if possible (this helps the peppers to keep their shape). Remove all the pith and seeds, then wash your hands thoroughly.
3. Empty the tub of cream cheese into a bowl, adding 2 tbsp of your chosen sweet chilli sauce, then season with salt and pepper. Mix until fully combined and taste - add more sauce or seasoning depending on your own preferences.
4. Carefully stuff each half of the jalapeño peppers with the cream cheese mixture using a teaspoon, level the cream cheese off as it will swell in the oven.
5. Wrap each pepper half in a rasher of streaky bacon and place on a baking tray.
6. Once all 14 pepper halves are wrapped, bake on a baking tray for 25 minutes.

Best served still warm, will more sweet chilli sauce to dip.

ENJOY!