Friday 1 September 2017

What was in our August Degustabox?

Degustabox

A part of this month's Degustabox had a 'Back To School' theme - which was super handy, as the new term (and first day of Bert in full time school) starts on Tuesday! Eeek! My baby boy is all grown up - and here marks the beginning of a brand new chapter for us - actually I'm pretty daunted by it all, I don't feel ready to let him go off without me for five days a week, I feel a bit sad, like he's being stolen away from me...but in my heart of hearts I know he's ready and he'll absolutely love it.

Although Bert will mainly be trying to have school dinners at lunch time - he will occasionally take a packed lunch box, and this months Degustabox was crammed with perfect lunch box delights as well as a few nice bits and bobs for the grown ups to enjoy.

Contents of the August 2017 Degustabox

AUGUST CONTENTS:

Back To School...

Seabrook Crisps £1.00 - Seabrook is the original crinkle cut crisp. The variety pack brings together the three most popular Seabrook flavours - Sea Salted, Sea Salt & Vinegar and Cheese and Onion. Everyone has their favourite Seabrook flavour...What's yours? Ours is definitely Sea Salted, followed by Sea Salt and Vinegar - hubby gets the Cheese and Onion ones and me and the kids hate that flavour. We all love Seabrooks, having bought them many times before, we were pleased to indulge on them at lunch times over the last few weeks, what a treat! I love that they're not greasy, like some other crinkle cut crisps on the market. Super tasty snack!

Bahlsen PiCK UP! Black 'N White £1.69 - PiCK UP! Black 'N White is a delicious white chocolate bar sandwiched between two crisp chocolate flavour biscuits. They are individually wrapped, locking in freshness and perfect for on the go occasions and lunch boxes. We ADORED these biscuits - they're so indulgent and tasty - almost too good for children, haha! We ate these as a morning snack on West Wittering beach over the Bank Holiday weekend, the whole family loved them- definitely something I'd pick up in the supermarket if I saw them again. And a great price too!

Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise £1.69 - Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise is made using 100% free range eggs and sustainably sourced oils to deliver a deliciously creamy taste. An ideal dressing to transform your everyday dinners and summer BBQs, Hellmann's mayonnaise is also the perfect partner to spruce up your sandwiches and salads at lunchtime! We almost never have 'real' mayonnaise (as in full fat) so it was such a treat to enjoy the real deal - a little of what you fancy does you good after all! We used our mayonnaise to make a giant potato salad to feed 10 for Bert's 4th Birthday BBQ. We used fresh dill, basil and mint from the garden, and oodles of mayo over still warm Charlotte potatoes, and it went down a storm.

Jelly Squeeze 2 x £0.69 - JellySqueeze isa fun, squeeze jelly in a pouch, refreshing a re-sealable making it ideal to eat on the go or pop in a packed lunch. Gluten and lactose free, suitable for vegans and vegetarians and schools compliant, JellySqueeze is great for kids of all ages to enjoy. Both my kids adore  jelly, so we're saving these pouches for Bert's first packed lunch boxes in the coming weeks.

Light Bites Popped Chips x 2 £0.99 - Perfect for virtuous snacking! Light Bites popped chips are under 100 calories, gluten free, packed with fibre and protein, veggie friendly, free from artificial colours, preservatives, flavours and low in saturated fat. Popped chips are spud free, msg and gm free too! Liam and I shared both bags of these during the long car journey (4 hours) to the South Coast last weekend - they we're both totally delicious and even better knowing they're full of goodness unlike conventional fried potato crisps. WIN!

Rest of the box:

Maggi® Fusian® Noodles 2 x £1.39 Sticky Hoisin Duck Noodles are flavoured with rich sweet soy, oriental spice and hints of roasted duck with infused oil and veggies. The Fiery Sweet Chilli Noddles are full of spicy chilli and ginger with onion oil and veggies  - both create a noodles adventure in only four minutes! Hubby ate (both) of these noodle packs for a quick and easy dinner when I was out with friends this week - perfect for no nonsense speed, and he said they were (and I quote) "Surprisingly tasty" - they reminded him of his bachelor days, so a fairly nostalgic eat!

Twisted Halo - Coconut Water, Ginger & Vodka £1.50 - Twisted Halo contains only natural flavours and no added sugar or sweeteners. A subtly sweet coconut water taste is followed by a warming ginger aroma with just a hint of lime. As neither Liam or I are vodka drinkers, we took this away to our long weekend on the South Coast last weekend, and gave it to my cousin who we were staying with, who is a vodka drinker. She loved it! She even took a photo of the label so she could remember what it was called and buy some next time she went shopping!

Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce £1.89 - TABASCO® Green Sauce delivers great tangy flavour. It is made from mild green jalapeño peppers mixed with vinegar and salt. It's a staple flavour for Mexican food and also can be used in anything from seafood to dressings and fruit. A few dashes gives a kick to margaritas and piña-coladas. Liam and I ADORE this spicy sauce - we love lots of heat in our food, and find this the perfect addition to those meals that just need an extra kick. I love this so much I'm considering popping one in my handbag for when I eat out - there's nothing worse than wishing your meal had an extra kick of spice with nothing to hand.

Orangina Limited Edition Summer Bottles 2 x £1.20 - Orangina, with it's unmistakable orange flavour, soft sparkle and real citrus pulp, makes the perfect summer drink. It is both delicious on its own with ice and a slice of orange, or as a mixer in mocktails and cocktails. We took these to the caravan for our little weekend away, and they served as the perfect ice cold straight from the fridge beverage after a long (and very hot!) day on the beach. Orangina always make me chuckle - growing up my Uncle Rob had a girlfriend called Gina, who was very into her fake tan - we all used to call her 'OrangeGina' (not to her face, obviously!) hahahaha

Refreshers Softies £1.00 - Refreshers Softies add a new dimension to your retro confectionery favourites - soft, fruity and chewy, with the same great fizz, they're a delicious twist on the much loved Refreshers sweets. Of course, Bert commandeered these as his own as soon as he saw the bag! Haha! He gets so excited when the Degustabox arrives, hoping that they'll be a sweetie treat hidden in there for him - he's still working his way through the bag but he seems to be enjoying them.

Cadbury Dairy Milk Big Taste Toffee Whole Nut £0.65 - Taste the Big Sensation wherever you are with Cadbury Dairy Milk Big Taste Toffee Whole Nut now available in a convenient on-the-go format! Much like with the sweets, Liam swooped this straight from the box - he does love his chocolate (especially Cadburys!) so he was well happy. I was chuffed that this delicious bar comes in a single portion size - one thing that puts me off purchasing chocolate these days is the huge sizes of the bars - they're too tempting for me - if I buy a big bar I will undoubtably eat it all over the period of a few days, and if I just buy a single portion bar then that's all I can eat - a much healthier option.

Cadbury Curlywurly Squirlies £1.99 - Bitesize chewy caramel pieces covered in Cadbury milk chocolate! A family favourite, now available in a shareable bag! I'm not a massive fan of the Curlywurly - I find them too chewy and they get stuck in my teeth which I find annoying, but Liam and Bert have been enjoying these a lot - grabbing a little handful whenever they want a little sweet treat.

Contents of the August 2017 Degustabox

Contents of the August 2017 Degustabox

And as usual, here are our top picks from this months box...

Top picks from the August 2017 Degustabox

Would you like to give a Degustabox a try?

If so, you can receive a whopping £7.00 off your first box by using code:

1VRVA

at the checkout!

Enjoy you lovely lot...

For more info on Degustabox follow them on their social media channels:

Degustabox social media