Friday, 26 July 2013

MaterniCare PRE & POST NATAL Nourishing Cream

A few months ago I was lucky enough to win a tube of MaterniCare PRE & POST NATAL Nourishing Cream (bump cream!) over on the lovely Mrs Shilts blog. Up until that point I had steered away from buying maternity-specific creams, as I figured they all do much the same thing as each other, and you'll probably pay a few pounds extra for that 'maternity' label. However, never one to turn down a freebie, I happily gave this cream a go.

I'm pretty realistic about my figure changing due to pregnancy, and having always been a plus sized woman, I am honest with myself about inevitable things like stretch-marks and the such. However, before I became pregnant I had lost over 3 stones in weight, and my skin was definitely in the process of re-adjusting to my new size. Then I shocked it back into stretching again (this time for a better reason than pie-eating!) and I knew I needed to take some extra-care.

I do try hard to look after my skin, and give it the best treatment I can a) afford and b) remember to undertake! Massaging in a lovely smelling cream twice a day is not too taxing even for me, and I have to say I've loved this cream, and am now at the point where I'm squeezing out the last dregs!

Materni-Care say... “The Nourishing Cream is a clever blend of rich plant oils and essential vitamins developed especially to nourish and care for your skin as your bump grows, and then later support your body as it recovers. The gentle, hypoallergenic formula is packed full of pro-vitamin B5, almond, avocado and grape seed oils, as well as vitamin E and soothing calendula.”

 "Massaging MaterniCare into your breasts, tummy, thighs, hips and bottom 2-3 times a day will help keep your skin strong, smooth and supple through your entire pregnancy journey."

In my opinion the cream smells lush (even my hubby kept commenting on it!) and left my skin and hands non-greasy, and more importantly seemed to really help relieve the itchy skin most pregnant women seem to suffer with towards the end, me included! My stretch marks aren't half as bad as I imagined they might be, and at 37 weeks now I can't imagine they'll get too much worse (wishful thinking?) I just hope this tube will last me until our little Mr makes his appearance.

Materni-Care cream is now available in Boots priced £14.99 (200ml)

This is not a sponsored post. I genuinely loved this cream and would recommend it to any expectant mums out there!

  1. Hello, this is a seriouslyexcellent submit. In concept Id liketo jot down like this too – taking time and real work to make a brilliant article.!. but what can I say.!. I procrastinate alot and never seem to have anything done. Thank You
    jogos friv gratis
    Jogos online
    jogos 4 school

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geesh, what an ego on this one. Sure hope he and those other Founding Fathers can put in a few clauses about women’s independence in all those documents they’re fighting about because being unable to own property or vote, and precluded by sex from 98 percent of jobs in the Colonies is really slowing down my game. I’d dump this jerk in a heartbeat if I had more options.
    Jogo 2019
    jogo 360 online
    io games for school

    ReplyDelete