Tuesday 18 September 2018

Disney on Ice presents Dream Big - from 21st September 2018...

Disney on Ice presents Dream Big

Oh my goodness, I am so excited to share with you the return of Disney on Ice to a venue near you this autumn! Bert and I went to our first ever Disney on Ice show last year, and to say we were impressed is an understatement.

If you'd like to read our full review of last years show then click here.

We're off to see the brand new show this November (which we will share on here too) but we wanted to let you know about the tour in advance so you can go ahead and book tickets before venues sell out.

So, here's everything you need to know about Disney on Ice. - Dream Big...

Moana, Maui and Friends Embark on Triumphant Ice Debut in Nottingham with Disney On Ice presents Dream Big

All-New Production Reminds Audiences That Every Story Begins with a Dream

Tickets now on sale from www.disneyonice.co.uk

Audiences will set sail with the wayfinder Moana as she makes her Nottingham debut live on ice in Disney On Ice presents Dream Big. This all-new production, produced by Feld Entertainment, assembles a collection of inspiring stories connected by a cast of characters with a desire to explore the depths, heights and horizons of their dreams. Alongside Moana and demigod Maui are eight tales of courage and heart, including Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and Tangled

Disney on Ice presents Dream Big

Disney on Ice presents Dream Big

The production will visit the Motorpoint Arena from 21st - 25th November 2019. Tickets are available from www.disneyonice.co.uk and priority customers can take advantage of the pre-sale to get their hands on the best seats by heading to www.prioritycustomer.co.uk

Courage leads the way for Disney’s most daring heroines, in this brand-new ice skating spectacular. Travel to the kingdom of Arendelle with Anna, Elsa and Olaf in a dramatic retelling of the sisterly love that saved a kingdom. Jump into amazing adventures with Aladdin as he seizes his chance to outwit his adversaries in the marketplace of Agrabah. Discover uncharted worlds with Rapunzel and Jasmine. Battle the villain Maleficent in the form of a fire-breathing dragon alongside Prince Phillip, igniting the ice in a blazing spectacle. Dive under the sea with headstrong Ariel as she yearns to explore life above the waves and is willing to risk it all for curiosity and the thrill of adventure. And find the inner strength that comes from kindness and determination with Belle, Aurora and Cinderella.

Disney on Ice presents Dream Big

Disney on Ice presents Dream Big

Plus, arrive early to celebrate 90 years of Walt Disney’s true original, Mickey Mouse. High-flying jumps, breathtaking skating and lovable Disney friends make Disney On Ice presents Dream Big an experience your family will never forget!

Disney on Ice presents Dream Big

Disney on Ice presents Dream Big

Dream Big captures all the magic and adventure of Disney’s immortal tales through cutting edge figure-skating, eye-catching costumes and stunning set designs. Through innovative lighting and thrilling special effects, audiences are transported to a world of imagination, where heroes of every kind seek to fulfill their dreams. High-flying jumps, breathtaking skating and lovable Disney friends make Disney On Ice presents Dream Big an experience families will never forget!

Disney On Ice presents Dream Big will be skating into Glasgow, Newcastle, Manchester, Birmingham, Sheffield, Nottingham and London from the 21st September 2018 to 6th January 2019. For the complete list of tour dates, head to www.disneyonice.co.uk Stay current on the latest developments through social media by visiting:

Twitter: @DisneyOnIce #DreamBig
Instagram: @DisneyOnIce

Monday 17 September 2018

Cheese & Branston Pickle Savoury Bread & Butter Pudding Recipe

Cheese & Pickle Bread & Butter Pudding Recipe

This is SUCH a tasty and versatile recipe. It's the perfect way to pimp up a sandwich lunch, or make a quick evening meal. It's budget friendly, really comforting and even the kids will love it too.

It's really great if you want to make a sandwich based lunch that bit more interesting, or if you want something warming and hearty during the colder months.

In this recipe, I've taken the basic principle of a bread and butter pudding, but given it a savoury twist! Think of a hybrid between a toasted sandwich, omelette, quiche and cheese on toast.

This version of the recipe uses the British classic - Branston Pickle, but there's a whole host of variations you could try (see ideas below).

Cheese & Pickle Bread & Butter Pudding Recipe

Ingredients:
  • 6 slices of brown or white sandwich loaf
  • butter (to make sandwiches)
  • grated cheese (to make sandwiches)
  • Branston Pickle Smooth or Original (to your taste, for sandwiches)
  • 3 eggs
  • 400 ml semi skimmed milk
  • 40g grated cheddar
  • salt and pepper
  • 20g grated cheddar to sprinkle on top before baking

Method:

1. Pre heat oven to 180 and butter an oven proof dish.

2. Make 3 conventional cheese & pickle sandwiches, be really generous with the pickle - you can use either smooth or original depending on your own preferences!

3. Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles, then arrange the triangles in two rows into the buttered oven proof dish.

4. Spread a little more butter on any dry pieces of bread which are visible once the sandwiches are arranged in the dish (this is to prevent burning or drying out in the oven).

5. In a jug whisk together 3 eggs, 400ml milk, 30g grated cheese, salt & pepper. Pour this savoury custard mix over sandwiches into the oven proof dish.

Cheese & Pickle Bread & Butter Pudding Recipe

6. Sprinkle on the final 20g of grated cheese & bake for 25-30 mins until the custard is set and the whole thing is golden and bubbling. Leave for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.

Serves 3-4

We served ours with a green salad containing pickled gherkins, olives and Silverskin onions (think Ploughman's lunch vibes)...

Cheese & Pickle Bread & Butter Pudding Recipe

Do have a play with this recipe and pimp up your favourite sandwich combo. Use the three sandwiches plus custard base of the recipe and get creative...

Why not try...

Cheese and marmite
Cheese and onion
Cheese and tomato
Cheese and ham
Cheese, bacon and onion
Cheese and pesto
Cheese & tuna mayo (Tuna melt)
Mozarella, tomato and basil

The possibilities are endless...

Cheese & Pickle Bread & Butter Pudding Recipe

^^ Why not Pin This for later ^^

Sunday 16 September 2018

Degustabox: August 2018 Box Review & Discount Code

It's that time of the month when I share the contents of our Degustabox food delivery subscription box and what we thought of each product. We love getting a Degustabox food delivery - we never get bored of diving into the box and seeing what treasures have been sent...

degustabox

Each box is only £12.99 including delivery!

The theme of this months' box was back to work/school and there was also a 'Breakfast Club' element, which is pretty perfect for me, considering that breakfast is my favourite meal of the day!

Degustabox contents August 2018

Dorset Cereals
Spectacular Grains
£3.49

Discover our new Spectacular Grains collection. Made with toasted spelt flakes and popped grains, for a crispier crunch than our classic mueslis, and blended with delicious fruit – they’re a remarkable fusion of flavours and textures.

What we thought: As a healthy breakfast cereal obsessive, I was thrilled to see a new box of cereal to try this month. I eat a healthy cereal with greek yoghurt and fresh fruit for breakfast every weekday morning, so it's always nice to trial a new cereal and add an element of variety to the meal. I really enjoyed this cereal - I liked the added texture of the dried fruit, and the strong apple and raspberry flavour.

Illy
Instant Smooth Taste
£5.85
Discover the unique 100% arabica illy blend, now available as instant! illy instant Smooth Taste is a well-balanced velvety coffee characterised by sweet, floral and fruity notes with caramel, toast and chocolate. Naturally fragrant with aromas of almond and honey, it’s the perfect coffee for any moment of the day.

What we thought: This was our favourite product from this months box. Liam and I are absolute coffee snobs - and so we were really surprised to love this coffee so much. It had such a gorgeous flavour, and we will absolutely pick this up next time we see in the supermarket.

Good Hemp
Unsweetened Dairy Free Drink
£1.60
A dairy free alternative to milk that’s delicious, nutritious and good for the planet. Try it with your cereals, hot drinks and smoothies. Made from organic hemp seeds, Good Hemp is 100% natural, vegan friendly, free from GMOs dairy & lactose, gluten, soya and nuts.

What we thought: I always like to have a dairy free milk alternative in the cupboard for when friends of ours visit who cant eat dairy. We would be unlikely to use/buy this product for ourselves, but it is definitely handy to have available. We can't comment on the taste of this one, as we're yet to open it.

Gunna
Craft Soft Drinks
£1.09 each
Gunna is a new range of lower sugar craft soft drinks. We were tired of bland tasting, sugar packed soft drinks packed with unnatural junk! So we created Gunna, great tasting, characterful soft drinks with less sugar, 100% natural flavours and no artificial colours of preservatives.

What we thought: Unfortunately, we weren't too keen on these, although the brand states they have 'less sugar' and natural flavours, we found these drinks overwhelmingly sweet for our taste buds.

John West
Infusions Salad Tuna Fillets
£2.29

John West Salad Tuna Fillets are a range of tender succulent tuna fillets, delicately cut from the highest quality part of the fish and marinated to keep them tender. Infused in oil that’s a perfect salad dressing and available in 3 flavours: Chill & Garlic, Basil and Lemon & Thyme.

What we thought: These were delicious! We made a traditional tuna mayo with ours, and served it in a jacket potato with salad for a speedy weekday dinner. I loved the added kick of chilli - and the tuna was great quality with a lovely flavour.

tuna mayo jacket

Maggi
Fusian Sticky Hoisin Duck Noodles
Bring the taste of Asia to your home with Maggi Sticky Hoisin Duck Fusian* Noodles. Sweet soy, oriental spice and roasted duck flavours combine with sunflower oil and veggies to create a flavourful noodle dish with a difference.

What we thought: Hubby loves having these instant noodles on hand for a speedy work lunch during the winter, when it's cold and he fancies something filling and warming. I love the sound of the sticky hoisin duck flavour, it sounds delicious. Maggi is brand we love and trust - we've used many of their products over the years!

Crooked Beverage Co.
Alcoholic Soda
£2.00
Crooked Beverage Co Alcoholic Soda is light, refreshing and totally delicious. Often fruity alcohol can be heavy, syrupy and synthetic yet Crooked delivers tasty, moreish fruity flavour whilst only containing less than 5g sugar, and just 46kcal, per 100ml. Made with natural ingredients – no nasties – you can’t go wrong!

What we thought: We enjoyed this a lot - hubby and I shared it over dinner one night - it really took us back to the alco-pop days of our youth! It was definitely reminiscent of a Hooch from days gone by. Basically, a reinvented alcopop in a can, but a bit more upmarket in packaging and flavour - especially nice really cold and served over ice.

LioBites
Smoothie Bites
£1.99 each
LioBotes are new, healthy and 100% natural fruit crisps. Our Smoothie Bites are made from fresh fruit, picked in season, blended and freeze dried to create this crunchy and delicious snack. Smoothies Bites are high in nutrients, vegan and gluten free with no added sugar or preservatives. A perfect snack for the whole family, ideal for lunch boxes and 1 of 5 a day.

What we thought: I wish I could say I got a look in with these, but Connie devoured both packets and they barely touched the sides! Needless to say, she really enjoyed them and I loved the fact that they were actually a healthy snack choice for her. Win, win.

Boka Bar
£0.75 each
Boka cereal bars are unique in having four green traffic lights, they are low in fat, saturated fat, sugars and salt, under 100 calories, whilst tasting delicious! Great as a healthy snack in a school lunch box or sports bag. Treat yourself or your children to a Bokalicious snack!

What we thought: Another winner - I eat these types of cereal bars really regularly as I find them very practical and easy to shove in my handbag/baby bag and eat on the run. The fact that this one was healthy and low calorie was an added bonus. I really enjoyed the flavour and texture - both the apple and cinnamon came though, with neither one overpowering the other.

Rowntree’s
Random’s 30% Less Sugar Pouch
30% Less Sugar, 100% Fun-Filled. Introducing Rowntree’s 30% Less Sugar Random’s. The sweets you know and love, but now with 30% less sugar. Rowntree’s sweets contain no artificial colours, flavours, preservatives or sweeteners.

What we thought: Again, I didn't get a look in - the boys of the house set to work devouring these, and it didn't take long to empty the packet. 30% less sugar is always a parenting win in my book. Great stuff.

If you'd like to give Degustabox a try then you can receive a whopping £5.00 off your first box by using code:

1VRVA

at the checkout!

Enjoy everyone and let me know if you try it!

For more info on Degustabox follow them on their social media channels:

We were sent our July Degustabox in return for this honest review.