Saturday 29 August 2015

Carrot and Walnut Muffins from Whitworths #whitworthsbakingchallenge

Today I'm sharing another super-easy bake which is sure to please even the fussiest of muffin-eaters. As part of my collaboration with the fabulous Whitworths for the #whitworthsbakingchallenge I had a go at making these bad boys last week for a family party and I'm pleased to say they were very well received. My husband and father in law were particularly singing their praises - and with carrot cake at number one on my own 'favourite cakes' list, I was quite fond of these little beauties myself.

Using up old vegetables that are passed their best and reinventing them in cake form is really pleasing for someone like me who hates food waste. I also love that if you have a fairly well-stocked baking pantry then you should be able to rustle these up without so much as a trip to the supermarket!

Using a gorgeous mix of grated carrot, walnut pieces, sultanas, cinnamon, mixed spice, dark soft brown sugar and all your muffin-based essential ingredients (flour, eggs, oil, butter) these spicy little muffins are finally topped with an orange cream cheese frosting and decorated with walnut pieces.

They are a great afternoon tea treat, make the perfect party or picnic food - and they're at least one of your five a day with all that carrot and sultana...hehe!

Ingredients

For the muffins:
100g Whitworths Walnut Pieces
1 medium orange, finely grated zest & juice
2 medium eggs
175g dark soft brown sugar
125ml sunflower oil
200g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp mixed spice
150g carrots, finely grated
100g sultanas

For the frosting:
250g full fat soft cream cheese
100g unsalted butter
75g icing sugar

Method

- Preheat your oven to 180℃/Fan 160℃/Gas mark 4 then line a 12 cup muffin tin with cases.
- Roughly chop the walnut pieces then set aside for baking and decorating.
- Beat the eggs, brown sugar and oil together in a bowl then add 4 tablespoons of the freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and spices into the bowl, then fold until evenly combined.
- Stir in the carrot, sultanas and 85g of the walnut pieces (leaving 15g to decorate).
- Spoon the mixture between the cases then bake in the centre of the oven for around 30 minutes. Leave to cool completely.
- Meanwhile beat the cream cheese, butter, icing sugar and zest of orange together until thick, smooth and uber-creamy. Using the back of a teaspoon, or a piping bag if you're feeling fancy, swirl the frosting onto the top of each cooled muffin and then sprinkle with remaining walnut pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!

Keep an eye out for two more fabulous Whitworths recipes which will be featured on the blog in September!

Happy Baking!

Friday 28 August 2015

My Top Kitchen Utensils

Every keen cook/baker has their own favourite utensils in the kitchen. We have our big tools too - for me my number one item in the kitchen will always be my gorgeous cream KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer, I love it like it is a part of the family and use it multiple times per week. But today, I'm more interested in the smaller tools around the kitchen - utensils that make my life infinitely easier as a keen cook!

There are hundreds of high street stores and department stores where you can buy your kitchen utensils in store and online - but did you know you can buy from professional catering sites also? I discovered Nisbets Catering Equipment & Supplies three years ago when I bought my house and was looking to replace all of my tea towels. I shopped around and couldn't believe how pricey it was to buy 6 or 7 decent tea towels, then I found Nisbets where I could buy a pack of 10 tea towels for as little as £7.08p! When my replacement tea towels arrived I was chuffed to bits with the quality of them (all of their products are professional kitchen quality) - and ever since then I've always checked on their website before purchasing kitchen equipment from elsewhere.

Fast forward three years and now I'm lucky enough to be working alongside this great company - and in my first collaborative post with them I'm bringing you my top 7 kitchen utensils...all of which are available from Nisbets at brilliant prices.

1. Spatula - necessary for almost every dish I create in the kitchen from baking cakes, making icing, to stirring sauces, or whipping up a stir fry. I use this utensil almost daily...the only down side is how amazing the spatula is at cleaning the bowl of cake mix - no bowl licking in this house - boo! (The Vogue High Heat Spatula 10in is priced at £5.99)

2. Magiwhisk - This awesome little piece of kit is essential for all you cake bakers and egg lovers - the perfect egg whisk for whisking your eggs before folding into your cake batter, or for whisking up the lightest of omelettes. Perfect for small quantities of egg. The clever spiral head makes whisking light work - from whipping cream to meringues this baby can do it all! (The Vogue Magiwhisk 9in is priced at just £2.99)

3. Pastry Brush - A good bristled professional standard pastry brush is a must for all serious bakers - from egg washing pastry, to glazing cinnamon buns - you'll need something reliable that doesn't shed its bristles. And don't even consider a silicone brush - they just don't work! (The Vogue Round Pastry Brush 4.5cm is priced at just £1.99)

Spatula, Magiwhisk and Pastry Brush - my top three kitchen utensils!

4. Spring Loaded Portioner/Scoop - This bit of kit became a kitchen essential for me after seeing one of my food idols Ina Garten use one in her kitchen. I use mine to portion out cake batter into muffin cases/fairy cake papers to get perfectly equal/even cakes! Genius! Also great for ice cream, rice, mashed potato - especially good if portion sizes aren't your forte! (The Vogue Stainless Steel Portioner Size 16 is priced at £8.99)

5. Garlic Press - I have tried all sorts of garlic presses over the years - fancy pushy downy ones from JosephJoseph, mini graters - you name it I've given it a whirl - but I always come back to the good old trusty garlic press. Championed by the lovely Mr Jamie Oliver - this is the lazy cook's No.1 utensil. Not only does it pulp up your garlic in one swift press - but you also don't even need to peel your garlic clove! Hooray - no more whiffy garlic fingers! (The Vogue Hand Operated Garlic Press is priced at just £3.99)

6. Egg Rings - I have two of these bad boys and they are super-handy. I mostly use them when I want perfectly round fried eggs for my McDonalds Style Sausage and Egg Muffin recipe. They are also great for when you are baking crumpets. They are lovely and weighty and work a treat - plus the clever handle means you can lift them easily - nice one! (The Vogue Egg Rings are priced at £2.69 each)

Spring loaded portioner, garlic press and egg rings - my top kitchen utensils.

7. Dough Scraper - I was only recently introduced to the metal dough scraper by the lovely Edd Kimber (The Boy Who Bakes) when I baked with him on a project with Flora. He uses a heavy metal dough scraper for bread making, and for when he makes scones. Perfect for scraping and cutting dough, working in cold butter and portioning dough easily. If you bake a lot of bread then this really is essential for your kitchen. (The Delon Rigid Dough Scraper is priced at £4.99)

A rigid dough scraper - the bread baker's essential!

So, there we have it - there's my top 7 kitchen utensils...I'd love to know how many of these you use in your own kitchen, and what your top kitchen utensils would be...

Where do you shop for your kitchen items, and did you know about the professional catering equipment sites such as Nisbets?

Keep an eye out on the blog for a fab giveaway from Nisbets coming to you in September!

Bye for now and happy baking!

These items were sent to me for a product review for collaboration. All words, opinions and images are my own.

Thursday 27 August 2015

At Pagham Beach for Bert's 2nd Birthday...

At the weekend my wonderful not-so-baby boy turned two! We headed to the south coast with family to celebrate for the weekend, and we had an absolute ball.

On Bert's actual birthday (the Saturday) we had an amazing day at Peppa Pig World (part of Paultons Park in Southampton), followed by a cheeky fish and chip supper in the caravan and a glass of wine or two for the adults.

On Sunday we were confronted by a very grey morning, full of rain! We enjoyed some lazy time playing with Bert's new toys and watching his new Bing Bunny DVD, before heading out for a lovely pub lunch to a great pub called The Bear, in Pagham.

After lunch the weather did a miraculous 360 - it had turned into the most beautiful summers day! Hooray! After having a heavy lunch we decided a nice walk to the beach was in order - we headed along the coastal path to Pagham beach and enjoyed a gorgeous few hours on the stunning beach: paddling, throwing stones and enjoying the peace and calm that only sitting on a remote beach can offer. Blissful.

Liam and I captured some brilliant photos during the day, and I couldn't wait to share them with you...

Do excuse the photo spam, just indulge me if you will :-)

My little poser with his Nanny Seaside in their matching outfits (seaside/nautical theme, naturally!) before lunch

The Lagoon at Church Farm Haven, Pagham - enroute to the beach!

Stunning Pagham beach - it was such a beautiful afternoon - lucky us!

Say cheese! Nanny Seaside, Mummy, Bert and Grandad Paul - all enjoying throwing pebbles into the sea...it's the little things in life...

Bert's two nannies and Grandad Paul all enjoying a paddle!

Enjoying the glorious sunshine!

Nanny Seaside, Auntie Jojo and Cousin Vicky on the beach at Pagham.

Kiss Me Quick!

Caught a photo of Bert's pebble chucking mid-throw! Clever Daddy!

I think he threw in about 100 pebbles...!

How many pebbles can one two year old hold at once??

Exploring the beach...

Best. Photo. Ever.  - Look at that face!!

Daddy got some arty shots...

I love this with Bertster in the background. Beautiful.

There's nothing quite like an over-excited paddle! He ended up completely soaked from head to toe - the cold British water doesn't scare Bert! :-)

I love this shot - chucking pebbles while in the sea with his Auntie Jojo (who is a bigger kid than Bert and also got soaked from head to toe!!)

I'm usually a super-organised person but on this occasion I wasn't prepared for Bert and Auntie Jojo to get fully submerged in the sea - I thought we were heading for a coastal walk and a little paddle!!

I didn't even have a towel on me...so we did what every British holiday maker has done at some point - took off all of Bert's wet clothes, wrapped him in one of our jumpers and cuddled him dry (he thought this was hilarious!).

Once he was dry he put on clean, dry clothes (luckily I wasn't too unprepared) and we headed back to the caravan for a bath in the sink!

Poor old Jojo wasn't so lucky - we used her only dry item of clothing to dry Bert (ha!), and she had to walk home soaked...still, the sun was shining at least - and she was the one who chose to dive headfirst into the sea fully clothed! ;-)

Mummy and cousin Vicky giving The B Man a bath in sink of the caravan (he doesn't do showers yet and that's all we had in the caravan).

It was a truly amazing weekend - we made so many happy memories to treasure forever. Bert amazed me with how he is getting braver and braver on the beach - where he has previously found the sea itself very scary and overwhelming - this time after a few hundred pebbles were thrown in, he ended up sitting in the sea and splashing to his hearts content! That's my boy!

Do your little ones love the beach?

Where are your favourite beaches in the UK?

Wednesday 26 August 2015

Peppa Pig World for Bert's Second Birthday

Hello lovely blog readers! I hope you're all well and enjoying the summer holidays...

Blimey, with the rain pouring, and having to have the lights on indoors at 2:30pm it seems virtually impossible that just a few days ago I was smothered in suncream and enjoying a blissfully hot weekend on the south coast!

Our gorgeous little man Bert turned two on Saturday, and to celebrate we took him away for a little mini holiday to the seaside. Joining Liam, Bert and I were my mum and sister, and my in-laws Ruth and Paul - we stayed in an 8 berth caravan on the Haven site 'Church Farm' in Pagham - the caravan is owned by my cousin, and she kindly let us stay for a long weekend free of charge (thank you SO much Denise!)

We arrived late Friday night with just enough time to unpack, make up the beds, set out all of Bert's cards and gifts for the next morning, and enjoy a glass of wine with the adults while Bertster snoozed away the final moments of his time as a one year old!

Bert's birthday morning comprised of 7:30am snuggles and bottle in bed with Mummy and Daddy, followed by opening lots of amazing presents and cards - he really 'gets' presents now, and loves looking at the wrapping paper first before tearing into it. We laid out all of his presents and he chose which ones he wanted to open in which order. He wanted to open/use/wear/play with each present as it was opened, so it took quite a while!! Hehehe. We even managed to save a bag full of presents for him to open in the evening - spreading out the joy!

Birthday snuggles and present opening!

We are so lucky to have amazing friends and family who showered him in the most beautiful, thoughtful and so 'Bert' gift and card choices - from a John Lewis train set, Janod wooden garage, small trampoline for the garden, to loads of beautiful outfits, some brilliant books, chunky wax crayons and colouring books, a bubble machine, Bing bunny DVD, Bing bunny puzzle, wooden tools and tool belt, Flop (from Bing) soft toy, wooden threading beads set, a beautiful dinosaur dinner plate, wooden Great Little Trading Company transport set, a Mr Potato Head set, a pair of Converse high top trainers, a Peppa Pig ball, and even some new Dinosaur wellington boots! I've probably missed some out too... what a lucky, lucky boy! He literally is so happy to have so many new things to play with and enjoy.

After all that present opening we packed up a picnic and headed an hour down the road to Peppa Pig World at Paultons Park, Southampton.

I guess it is not really standard for six adults and just one toddler to hit a toddler theme park, but it was important to me for Bert to share his birthday with his very favourite people, and I wanted to ensure that his grandparents and auntie didn't miss out on seeing his happy face as he experienced Peppa Pig World for the first time...

I don't know who was more excited...

I want to say first off that I haven't been asked to write this post, it isn't a review that I've been paid for to write. We booked our tickets for Peppa Pig World ourselves online, and paid about £23 per head, with Bert getting in for free as he is under 1 meter tall. I want to write about our day a) to be able to look back and remember what fun we had, b) to share our amazing day with you all and c) to encourage parents who were perhaps feeling reticent about paying out/making the journey to Peppa Pig World to go - it is an amazing place and I promise you won't regret it!

Peppa Pig's actual factual real house! ;-)

Peppa Pig World is a section within the bigger Paultons Park, and tickets to PPW include access to the rest of the park too - having spent the whole day there I think it is incredible value for money - especially if, like us, you pack a picnic...the only extra money you are looking at spending is a few pounds for an ice cream/hot drinks (weather depending) and maybe some spending/pocket money for the shop(s). There is so much to do for bigger children/adults within the rest of Paultons Park, and PPW is just absolutely perfectly pitched for toddlers, so there really is something for everyone. We arrived at the park at 11.15am and stayed until 5.30pm (closing time)...we definitely didn't see everything, and could have easily packed in another couple of hours. If only the traffic had been better on the way we could have arrived at 10am (opening time) as we had initially planned to do.

"We're going on holiday in a camper van" all Peppa Pig fans know that song! And Miss Rabbit among the flower beds outside the 'Miss Rabbit's Helicopter Ride' ride.

The whole park is absolutely beautiful - spotlessly clean throughout - no where looks old or tired, all the rides look shiny and colourful, vibrant and new. The park doesn't scream "tacky" like most theme parks - there are gorgeous manicured flower beds and gardens nestled between the rides and attractions, and even the cafes look stylish and super fun in terms of decor.

Peppa Pig World itself has been done to the very highest of standards - it is literally like stepping into the cartoon - with huge grassy hills where the houses sit atop, and fun brightly coloured rides which are pitched perfectly for little people - nothing too fast, too whizzy, and only a couple of rides which are high up...most are perfectly tame for little toddlers.

There is also an outdoor play park (Mr Potato's Play Park) which has equipment just right for toddlers - Bert could play happily without too much help from us, and there is an incredible outdoor splash park attached aptly named "Muddy Puddles" which is just brilliant! Full of lots of sprinklers, hoses, showers and splash tables which means that your little ones can run around splashing to their hearts content without the fear of a big body of water that they could fall into. Make sure you bring spare clothes for the kids (and for the adults if they're likely to join in!) We all got a little bit soaked...luckily we had spare clothes for Bert, and the adults all dried off quickly thanks to the gloriously hot day we had been graced with.

We were lucky that the weather was fabulous on the day we visited but you could play happily in the splash park in welly boots and a rain mac if the weather wasn't great.

Daddy got a little bit wet in the Muddy Puddles splash park!

After a play at the splash park we headed to one of the beautiful grassy picnic areas and enjoyed our yummy picnic lunch - the weather was glorious and it was so nice to be eating al fresco with all our loved ones around us.

After lunch we took Bert on his first ride: Grandpa Pig's Train Ride, and he just loved it - screaming out "choo choo" as we queued you could see how excited and stimulated he was by the whole park. We only had to queue for around 10-15 minutes, and Bert did extremely well - it might have been something to do with the six adults to work his way round, and the fact that he was in such joy-inducing surroundings.

Grandpa Pig's Train Ride

I think my favourite part of the day was just wandering around the park - taking in all the sights, watching all the rides go round, admiring the gardens, looking at the animals (flamingos, penguins, pelicans, meerkats, giant tortoises, tropical birds) and seeing all the happy toddlers cuddle the 'real' Peppa Pig characters as they came out to greet them. We were lucky enough to see Mummy Pig, Daddy Pig, Peppa, George and Zoe Zebra during our visit, although Bert is still a little wary of these types of 'people in suits' characters: he did lots of waving and blowing kisses, but didn't want to get too close. Nanny Seaside gave Daddy Pig a cuddle on Bert's behalf instead ;-)

Real life Peppa Pig characters!

The next (and probably Bert's favourite) ride we took him on was the tractor driving ride, where he got to sit up front and "drive" his very own tractor. He grabbed onto that steering wheel and didn't let go for the whole ride - it was magical to watch our grown up little man being so independent and having so much fun! All the adults went on too, naturally! Liam and I sat behind Bert in his tractor, and Nanny Seaside/Jojo and Grandad Paul/Nanny Ruth took over the two tractors behind us - Bert thought it was brilliant that he could wave at them across the tracks!

The Tractor Ride

After some great queuing, riding and a walk round to see the animals it was time for the obligatory ice cream pit stop! We all tucked in to delicious Mr Whippy's courtesy of 'ice cream pocket money' given to Bert from my lovely Auntie Sandra! Thanks Auntie Sarn!

I think Bert considers ice cream to be one of the main food groups! Ha! He is definitely his father's son!

"Pick me up Mummy!" while queuing for a ride - Ice cream o'clock at PPW.

We posed for an 'ice cream selfie' to send to Auntie Sandra to say thank you for treating us all - this picture is one of my favourites I have ever taken - it truly sums up my wonderful family - everybody smiling, having fun, getting the most out of life, and Bert in the middle of us all - providing endless happiness, making us all infinitely better people. I love how he is in the centre of the photograph, being adored by every one of us - and by the looks of it eyeing up his Nanny Seaside's ice cream, which she undoubtedly would have given him should he have asked. Spoilt or what?

Best. Photo. Ever!

After our ice creams it was time for a quick loo break. The toilets were very clean every time I used them, and the baby changing facilities were great - with a room specifically for baby changing with multiple change tables available, which any gender parent could use, as well as a changing station within the female toilets as well. Nice one Paulton's you really do seem to have thought of everything.

Once the loo break was over we headed over to the Paulton's train ride to take in more of the park, and to hear another round of Bert's "Choo choo" chorus.

Silliness on the train ride with Mummy! Lick, lick!

Bert made me proud all day long - his happiness and joy for life is infectious - and considering how new it all was, and how potentially overwhelming it could have been for our only-just-two little tot, he did amazingly! After an initial slightly nervous/wobbly period at the muddy puddles splash park when we arrived (he wanted to be held at first and was a bit nervous to run around), he soon warmed up and from that point on he seemed to enjoy every single second of the day. He loved getting out of his buggy and holding hands with his family as we walked around, he never once tried to walk/run off, and his behaviour was incredible all day. Not a tantrum in sight, that's my boy! Saying that - we didn't encounter a single tantrum from any other children at the park all day either - a testament to how spot on Paulton's have got it maybe?

Hand in hand with his wonderful family...

There were a couple of rides we didn't take Bert on due to him being a little too small at the moment - the high up 'Windy Castle' and 'Miss Rabbit's Helicopter Ride' - both of which we are excited to try when we undoubtedly return to the park! There is also a huge bumpy yellow water slide called 'Wave Runner' which Bert would have definitely been too scared to try out - instead Liam, Grandad Paul, Nanny Ruth and I gave it a test run (it had to be done!) it was AWESOME! The grown ups had to have a little fun of their own...hehehe!

Rides at Peppa Pig World

After the fun of a day filled with rides, picnics, water play, play grounds, ice cream and animals - it was time to head to the squeal-inducing Peppa Pig Shop. This place is heaven-on-earth for any hardcore Peppa fans like us...I could have spent a small fortune - but luckily managed to get away with spending just £12 in total. I bought Bert a gorgeous George/Dinosaur Tshirt which was just £4.99 in the sale (I love a bargain, me!), a souvenir story book and some Peppa Pig toothpaste! Other family members didn't get away so lightly, and Bert was kindly also bought a Peppa Pig Camper Van set, Peppa Pig 'My Mummy' book, and a pair of George pyjamas from his super-generous Auntie Jojo, and his Nanny's bought him some new TY Beanies to add to his collection: Rebecca Rabbit, Emily Elephant, Pedro Pony and Susie Sheep! What a lucky, lucky boy!

Having said all that - you can absolutely avoid even setting foot in the Peppa Pig shop if you don't have money to spend. It isn't hugely obvious, and would be easy to bypass. The bigger toy shop at the entrance/exit of Paultons Park isn't avoidable as you have to pass through it to exit (very clever Paultons!!) however, there are a wide variety of items at all sorts of prices, so there is something for everyones' budget. I'd definitely suggest saving up pocket money or bringing along birthday money if you are coming for an occasion as there are so many lovely things to buy.

After our shopping spree we headed to the Wildwoods Family Restaurant at the entrance/exit to the park for a well earned cup of tea before we headed back to the caravan for a treat fish and chip supper! Bert couldn't wait to get his toys out so he enjoyed a good play whilst we drank our drinks and reflected on our amazing day!

New toys for Bertster! What a lucky chap!

I would happily return to Paultons Park and Peppa Pig World time and time again - I'm pretty confident it will become a family favourite while our children are small. Liam and I are now hoping to return with Bert mid-week during term time for another visit when it will undoubtedly be slightly less busy - plus Bert will hopefully be bigger braver and able to try the few rides he didn't want to try at the weekend. I also really fancy attending their Santa's Christmas Wonderland days, which sound awesome (I'm a complete Christmas nut!)

Have you been to Peppa Pig World? What did you make of it? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Check out the blog tomorrow for more wonderful pictures from Bert's birthday weekend!

Saturday 22 August 2015

Bert Turns Two!

Bert - 5 minutes old!

My beautiful baby boy is TWO YEARS OLD today!!!

HOW is it humanly possible that he is two? The past two years have truly flown by, and they have honestly been the happiest years of my life. Bert has bought our family so much joy - he makes me laugh every day, and every day I love him more. He is so funny, and sweet, kind, gentle, and completely off-his-rocker all at the same time! :-)

I have so enjoyed looking back through photos of my little dude to share on the blog today to celebrate his birthday!

It is incredible to look back and remember, to see how he has changed, how we have changed for that matter...

Liam, Bert and I are enjoying a beautiful long-weekend away with my mum, my sister and my in-laws on the south coast, and we are off to Peppa Pig World today to celebrate his special day. I will share pictures from our happy weekend soon, but for now here's my gorgeous little Bertster in all his glory.

Happy Birthday Son, Daddy and I love you more than you could ever know!

Mummy

xxx
Bert 0-2

Sunday 16 August 2015

Cranberry & White Chocolate Blondies recipe from Whitworths #whitworthsbakingchallenge

I'm pretty excited to be sharing the next bake from my #whitworthsbakingchallenge with you all today. I'm loving working alongside fruit and nut brand Whitworths - and have been filling my friends and family's tummies with delicious home-baked treats courtesy of their fabulous ingredients.

This bake was a first for me as I've never ventured into the world of 'blondies' before. A blondie is the brownie's paler cousin: these little morsels are stuffed full of juicy Whitworth's dried cranberries, crushed up Whitworths macadamia nuts, and oozy chunks of white chocolate.

I have to admit that I was a little underwhelmed at the prospect of baking these blondies...I'm not a huge lover of tray bakes, and I wasn't that confident that these would float my boat - I am now totally eating my words (and ramming the remaining blondies into my mouth pronto as they're too good to share).

They were super simple to bake: a little light chopping, cream the butter and sugar together, add the egg and vanilla, fold in the flour and salt, add the cranberries, chopped nuts and chocolate, and then bake for 35 minutes et voila...12 scrumptious blondies ready for munching!

Pre-baking blondie batter / blondies fresh from the oven

Still slightly warm from the oven - if you've not tried blondies before then you need to bake these!

I opted to cut the blondies into 24 mini blondies rather than 12 big ones, they work out at 149 calories per mini blondie, 298 calories per large blondie.

We took a big tub of the blondies along to the bloggers picnic we went to last week at Rushmere Park and we enjoyed sharing them with our friends - they went down a treat!

A tin full of blondie bites to share with our friends...

The blondies are in between a brownie and an american cookie in texture - the cranberries add chewiness, the nuts add crunch, and the chocolate a velvety/creamy texture. They are buttery, and slightly salty with an outer crunch and an inner softness which will leave you wanting to eat one after the other.

One of the reasons I enjoy baking so much is because I get so much pleasure from feeding people. Being able to share the fruits of my labour in the kitchen and watch people's reactions as they tuck in and enjoy my food is priceless for me...

My blogging bestie Mrs Shilts even Instagrammed her blondie! :-)

I will definitely be making these blondies again - if for no other reason than just to feed my husband's new addiction to them! He text me at work on Friday at 9:45am to say he'd eaten two already!! Ha - nothing like a little moderation.

I'm really enjoying working alongside Whitworths for this baking challenge, and I'm excited to share three more recipes with you over the coming weeks...we've got some super-tasty treats lined up for you.

But for now I'll leave you with a final drool-inducing photo...

Eat Your Heart Out

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

Link up your recipe of the week