Monday 30 April 2018

What was in our April Degustabox?

It's that time of the month again where I share with you the contents of our Degustabox food subscription box.

Degustabox UK

We really look forward to our Degustabox arriving each month - the kids get involved with helping to unbox everything and it's a great way to get them to try new and exciting foods.

a2 Milk Long Life Semi Skimmed Cows' Milk £1.50

a2 Milk is natural cows' milk with a difference. It's naturally free from the A1 protein found in regular cows' milk so it's gentle on sensitive tummies, easy to digest and less likely to trigger symptoms associated with milk intolerance.

I've tried a2 on a number of occasions before, it is a great staple to have in the cupboard, ready for those 'we've run out of milk' emergencies!

Idahoan's Perfect Mash Roasted Garlic £1.50

Idahoan Perfect Mash is ready in just 1 minute, simply add 475ml of boiling water to a bowl and stir in the flakes resulting in fluffy mash and great taste. Making midweek meals like sausage and mash really is easy! GM-free and gluten free. Find us in the tinned veg aisle.

To say I was sceptical about a dried packet-mix mash potato would have been an understatement - but my goodness, I was SO impressed with this. It took literally one minute to make a huge amount of mash (easily enough for 2-3 hungry adults) and it was delicious. Full of a sweet roasted garlic flavour, an amazing smooth texture - but tasted like homemade mash (minus a rogue lump!). These packets would be amazing for speeding up the process of making a cottage/shepards/fish pie for the family, they're perfect for cooking kids a speedy meal or for those nights when you just haven't got the inclination to make mash from scratch. A brilliant packet to have in the cupboard! I'll be looking out for it in the supermarket as I would be interested to try some of the other flavours.

Connie's sausage, mash and peas dinner, using Idahoan's Perfect Mash
Connie's sausage, mash and peas dinner, using Idahoan's Perfect Mash

Milkybar Wowsomes 2 x £0.55

Milkybar Wowsomes have arrived to bring the fun - with 30% less sugar than similar chocolate products and no artificial sweeteners, colours, flavours or preservatives. It's simply 100% delicious white chocolate or white & milk chocolate filled with a creamy-tasting centre and crispy oat cereal!

Bert demolished these bars as his after school snacks on two  consecutive days - he loved them!! And it was nice to know that although he thought he was getting a really sugary treat, I knew it actually contained 30% less sugar - mum win!

Mindful Bites Squeeze Sachets £1.49

Mindful Bites is a premium brand of unique nut butters blended with superfoods and highly innovative snacks. Our Nut Butter Squeeze Sachets are great to be eaten on-the-go, perfect for active people; the innovative packaging makes them mess-free and easy to carry everywhere.

One of my favourite items in this month's box! Such a clever idea - and much less messy than fingers-in-the-jar snacking!! Hahaha! I was really taken with the innovative flavour combos - I've tried: Brazil Nut & Cacao Nib, Cashew Nut & Baobab, Hazelnut & Berries and Almond & Maca - all of which are totally delicious. I would definitely pick these up in the supermarket if I saw them - perfect for healthy snacking on the run!

Mutti Passata £1.40

Perfect for dishes with reduced cooking times and can enhance pasta sauces, eggs and meat. The pasta retains its bright red colour, velvety texture and sweet flavour.

Mutti Finely Chopped Tomatoes £1.00

Winners of a prestigious Great Taste Award. Only Italian tomatoes: red, sweet, ripe and free of yellow and green parts. Different from the first glance: thick, inviting and fragrant. Taste the quality: all the delicate flavour of fresh tomatoes.

I used both the Mutti Passata & tinned tomatoes to make homemade chicken enchiladas for dinner this week - and they really are superior products to the usual tomato products I buy. A much better texture, flavour and more vibrant flavour. I will be looking out for these to buy in future.

Homemade enchiladas using Mutti passata & chopped tomatoes
Homemade enchiladas using Mutti passata & chopped tomatoes
Juicy Fuel Cola (Blueberry) 2 x £2.00

Juicy Fuel Cola is cola made from entirely natural ingredients with no added sugar, no artificial sweeteners and no preservatives and remarkably one of your five a day. The alternative is here.

These weren't for us. It's not that they don't taste nice, they do. But they were far too sweet for our tastes, and at 150 calories per can, I was only willing to take a sip! As a rule I try really hard not to drink my calories. If you are a full-sugar fizzy pop drinker then you will probably really enjoy them - innovative flavours and 1of your 5 day is not to be sniffed at!

The Food Doctor 2 x £1.00

The Food Doctor Full of Beans Protein Mix and Smokin'  Edamame Mix make the perfect mid-morning snacks as they contain a blend of corn and beans which are high in fibre and a good source of protein that'll keep you going until lunchtime.

Another top pick from this month's box - I absolutely loved these crunchy little bean/edamame mixes. I've been eating 30g (recommended portion size, you get loads!) as my mid-morning snack, while I work at my laptop and I love them - if you are a savoury snacker like me, then you'll really enjoy these healthy snacks. I loved them so much I've bought 2 big bags from my local supermarket in the healthy snacks aisle.

HARIBO Giant Strawbs £1.29

Giant in flavour and in size is HARIBO Giant Strawbs; a traditional pick and mix treat that is so popular it now has its own sharing and pocket size packs! Strawberry shaped and flavoured, and boasting its own unique texture, Giant Strawbs is also perfect for vegetarians!

Bert and Liam have been helping themselves to these giant sweeties: HARIBO is always a popular treat with the Bishop boys!

April 2018 Degustabox Contents
April 2018 Degustabox Contents

N!CK'S Kexbar £1.20

N!CK'S Kexbar is a crispy chocolate wafer with vanilla cream covered in thick delicious milk chocolate. We never add sugar in our products, not now and not ever! Join our fight on sugar at nicks.se. Find our products on Amazon.co.uk and use the voucher code DEGUSTA1 for 20% discount.

Liam enjoyed this chocolate wafer bar as an after work snack with a coffee and said it was really delicious and had a nice texture - perfect with a hot drink. Great to know it has no added sugar!

Strawberry & Banana LioBites Smoothie Bites 2 x £2.35

LioBites are 100% Fruit Crisps, made by a mum searching for a healthy snack for her family. We pick the ripest and sweetest fruits in season to ensure the maximum nutrition and vitamins are retained. The fruits are quickly frozen and then dried to achieve a sweet, crunchy fruit crisp.

Connie absolutely ADORED these - and ate both packets as a snack - she couldn't get enough & even asked for 'More Mummy!' when the packet was finished.  I'd definitely buy these for her - I'm always on the lookout for healthier snacks to give her, as she's quite the snack-a-holic.

Lucozade Energy Orange £1.10

Discover the great taste of Lucozade Energy Orange in the moment when you need it the most! Whatever your day may hold, remember your Energy Beats Everything! Lucozade Energy is best served chilled, so put your bottle in the fridge for maximum great taste!

What a blast from the past! Lucozade really reminds me of my childhood - long hot summer holidays or sick days when my mum used to give me some Lucozade to perk me up! I don't usually drink my calories but I did have a taste of this for old times sake, and it was just as I remembered it. At 133 calories for the whole bottle, I'd definitely have to be in need of a major energy boost to drink the whole bottle.

TREK Protein Energy Chunks 2 x £1.15

TREK Chunks are deliciously different. Instead of relying on mysterious additives & syrups, TREK Chunks are packed with a precise cold-pressed balance of powerful whole foods, delivering sustained energy...when you need it most. Vegan, gluten free, one of your five day.

These are totally yummy & a great nibble-style snack to have mid-morning or mid-afternoon to stop unhealthy binges/snack attacks. They have a nice texture, are full of flavour and I found them really filling. I'm a massive fan of the TREK brand, having had many of their snack bars and flapjacks over the years - definitely a trusted brand I go back to time and again!

Happy Down Cocktail £1.99

Synthetic, sugary, mixed drinks say your prayers and kiss your mummies goodbye.We’re fed up with your flat, artificial flavours, and crazy calorie counts. Your tacky reign ends today. All natural flavours, 44 kcal per 100ml, zero preservatives, gluten free & hand blended.

happy down cocktails

We loved our Happy Down cocktail - Liam and I shared it with a dinner one night, and it was a gorgeous flavour - we had the lychee and guava one - made with fortified wine, it had a sherry-like flavour, and was really different but delicious. I'd enjoy having these in the fridge during the summer for sure.

April 2018 Degustabox Contents - Drinks
April 2018 Degustabox Contents - Drinks
As usual I always select my favourite products from the box to highlight as my top picks - this months it's the Mindful Bites Nut Butter Squeeze Sachets and The Food Doctor Smokin' Edamame Mix - both amazingly tasty, but super-healthy snacks on the run!

Mrs Bishop's April 2018 Degustabox Top Picks
Mrs Bishop's April 2018 Degustabox Top Picks
If you'd like to give Degustabox a try then you can receive a whopping £5.00 off your first box by using code:

1VRVA

at the checkout!

Enjoy everyone and let me know if you try it!

For more info on Degustabox follow them on their social media channels:

Degustabox social media

Monday 23 April 2018

Disney on Ice: Worlds of Enchantment - Review

Yesterday, Bert and I headed to Nottingham's Motorpoint Arena to see Disney on Ice: Worlds of Enchantment, featuring characters from Toy Story, The Little Mermaid, Cars and Frozen, including Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy.

To say we were both excited was an understatement. I haven't been to an ice show since I was a little girl (my nan took me a few times as she adored watching ice skating), and Bert had never been before, so we were newbies to the Disney on Ice world, and couldn't wait to see it.

Primark Breton Stripe Disney Stitch T-shirt
All ready for Disney on Ice, wearing my Primark Breton Stripe Disney Stitch T-shirt
It turned into a little 'date day' for Bert and I, which was just lovely - we don't often get time just the two of us, since his little sister Connie was born in 2016 she is (obviously) usually always with us. It felt really special to get some 1:1 time with my (very grown up) almost 5 year old Bert (17 weeks until he turns 5, he's counting down!). We got the train together from our hometown Bedford, which took around an hour and twenty minutes - we enjoyed snacks, a bit of Kindle time, and we read the whole of 'The Magic Finger' by Roald Dahl (we are working our way through the whole RD collection!).

I took Bert for a McDonald's lunch before the show and then we headed over to the arena to take our seats. As an extra special treat I let Bert choose something from the official merchandise shop inside the arena, he chose an Anna from Frozen figure, which cost £12. It's a really lovely large figure, which I know he'll play with loads, so I was happy with his choice!

When we got into the arena we were THRILLED with our seats - we had such an amazing view of the ice rink/stage and Bert was positively bursting with excitement.

Amazing view of the stage at Disney on Ice Nottingham
Amazing view of the stage at Nottingham Motorpoint Arena
As predicted, we absolutely adored the show! It had everything you could want - all the main characters, all the most memorable songs - and most of all some absolutely spectacular ice dancing!

The characters we saw in Worlds of Enchantment show included...

Toy Story: Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Bullseye, Ham, Rex, The Potato Heads, Slinky, Barbie, Ken, Andy, The Green Soldiers, Lotso Bear, Stretch.

The Little Mermaid: Ariel, Sebastian, Flounder, Ursula, Flotsam & Jetsam, Prince Eric.

Cars: Lightening McQueen, Mater, Flo, Sally Carrera & Ramone.

Frozen: Elsa, Anna, Prince Hans, Kristoff, Olaf.

As well as Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck & Goofy.

I only snapped a few pictures on my iPhone as I didn't want to take my big DSLR camera because Motorpoint Nottingham operates a small/one bag policy and I wouldn't have been able to fit it in. So please do excuse the quality of the following images, but they should give you a little taster of what to expect from the show...
Disney on Ice: Worlds of Enchantment - Minnie and Mickey
Disney on Ice: Worlds of Enchantment - Minnie and Mickey
Disney on Ice: Worlds of Enchantment - Toy Story
Disney on Ice: Worlds of Enchantment - Toy Story
Disney on Ice: Worlds of Enchantment - Toy Story
Disney on Ice: Worlds of Enchantment - Toy Story
Disney on Ice: Worlds of Enchantment - The Little Mermaid
Disney on Ice: Worlds of Enchantment - The Little Mermaid
Disney on Ice: Worlds of Enchantment - Cars
Disney on Ice: Worlds of Enchantment - Cars
Disney on Ice: Worlds of Enchantment - Cars
Disney on Ice: Worlds of Enchantment - Cars
Disney on Ice: Worlds of Enchantment - Frozen
Disney on Ice: Worlds of Enchantment - Frozen
The first half of the show runs for one hour, followed by a 15 minute interval and then a 45 minute second half. It was the perfect length of time for Bert, and the break in the middle allowed us enough time to comfortably visit the toilet and get some refreshments before the second half started.

The show is introduced by Minnie, Mickey, Donald Duck and Goofy, who act as compares and take you on a magical journey through different worlds of enchantment (hence the name). Each of the four main films is presented in a watered-down storyline version, that gives the gist of the story along with the highlights in terms of songs/characters. Toy Story is first, followed by The Little Mermaid - then the interval, and the second half is Cars followed by Frozen.

Okay, so I know I'm biased - but oh this boy!! What a cutie pie he is - thankfully his impeccable behaviour all day really did match his angelic exterior. He hugged Anna from the moment he got her on arrival until he fell asleep holding her last night. He's also taken her to school today for 'show & tell'. Adorable.

Bert at Disney on Ice with his beloved Anna figure
Bert at Disney on Ice with his beloved Anna figure
As well as the songs, dance routines and amazing lights, the show included some awesome (and recognisable) sets from the films, and some fun stunts such as pyrotechnic sparks/flashes, real bubbles and snow - Woody even flies across the stage attached to a kite!

The show is well-suited to a mixed age-range audience - you are encouraged to sing along, dance along and so you don't have to worry about your little ones being perfectly still and silent throughout the performance as you would at the theatre. Personally, I'd say I'd happily take anyone 3+ and they would be able to access the whole show happily.

Bert sat and watched the whole show entranced, every time a new character came on stage he squealed with delight! It was a marvel to watch how happy it made him. And honestly, I thoroughly enjoyed it too! If you're a Disney fan then you can't not love it. Bert and I sang along to all the classics, and when it ended Bert said to me

"I want it to start all over again!"

When I asked him on the walk back to the railway station which part was his favourite he said...

"All of it!"

High praise indeed.

Ticket prices range from about £25 - £48, plus family package tickets are now available for selected shows.

Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Enchantment will be skating into Cardiff and then Aberdeen from the 25th April until 6th May.

For the complete list of tour dates, head to www.disneyonice.co.uk

Stay current on the latest developments through social media by visiting:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/DisneyOnIceUK
Twitter: @DisneyOnIce #WorldsOfEnchantment
YouTube: www.youtube.com/DisneyOnIce
Instagram: @DisneyOnIce

We were given complimentary tickets to Disney on Ice in return for this post. All view are our own.

Tuesday 17 April 2018

Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Enchantment Preview

Disney on Ice presents Worlds of Enchantment Preview
This weekend I'm so excited to be taking Bert to his first ever Disney on Ice experience. He absolutely loves the theatre/live shows and he's a HUGE Disney fan (as am I!) - so this is going to be a winning combination for sure. I love taking him on little Mummy & Bert dates, we don't get a huge amount of time together just the two of us since Connie came along, so I'm excited to take him somewhere special for a treat.

I have the fondest memories of my Nan taking me to a Disney on Ice show when I was a little girl and I remember it being so magical. So I'm mega-chuffed that Bert's now at the age where I can take him, and re-live the magic from my childhood.

So, this Sunday 22nd April we're heading to Nottingham's Motorpoint Arena by train (Bert LOVES a train ride) and I can't wait to share our adventure with you. We'll be reviewing the show here on the blog in more detail next week, but we'll do some Insta-stories on the day too, so make sure you're following us over there @lucybishop2012 as well.

Here's a little about the show, there are still tickets available and more tour dates across the country for those who would like to go along.

DISNEY ON ICE PRESENTS WORLDS OF ENCHANTMENT...

Rev up for non-stop fun with four of your favourite Disney stories when Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Enchantment comes to Nottingham’s Motorpoint Arena from the 18th April until 22nd April 2018.

This action-packed ice spectacular showcases beloved characters from Disney•Pixar’s Cars, Toy Story 3, Disney’s The Little Mermaid and the Academy Award®-winning Frozen. Plus, don’t miss the chance to warm up alongsideDisney On Ice stars at the Fit to Dance pre-show!

Get ready to enter a dazzling world of Disney magic, live on ice where Lightning McQueen, Mater and the crew of DisneyPixar’s Cars perform high-speed stunts and race across the ice like you’ve never seen before!
Disney on Ice presents Worlds of Enchantment Preview
Be amazed and join Ariel as she dives into the underwater kingdom of Disney’s The Little Mermaid.

Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Jessie and other favorites from the Toy Storygang as they try and escapefrom Sunnyside Daycare in one of their most daring adventure ever from DisneyPixar’s Toy Story 3 – proving that the toys are back in town!

Then enter the wintery world of Arendelle with sisters Anna and Elsa from the BAFTA and Academy Award® winning and number one animated feature film of all time, Disney’s Frozen. Join Anna as she embarks on an epic journey with the hilarious snowman Olaf and rugged mountain-man Kristoff to find her sister, the magical Elsa, whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom of Arendelle in eternal winter.

Even before this magical journey begins, Disney fans will get moving and shaking alongside Disney On Ice stars during the new, high-energy Fit To Dance pre-show to get the crowd fit and active whilst having fun!

Worlds of Enchantment connects classic and new Disney stories,” says Producer Kenneth Feld. “Audiences will be blown away in Radiator Springs when they encounter the unforgettable crew of animated cars, built to scale and live on ice. They will see their all-time favorites like The Little Mermaid and discover world of Arendelle with Frozen.
From wheels to waves, icy wonderlands to infinity and beyond, see some of your family’s favoriteDisney moments come to life in Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Enchantment!

Family package tickets are now available for selected shows.

Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Enchantment will be skating into Glasgow, Leeds, Birmingham, London, Liverpool, Nottingham, Cardiff and Aberdeen from the 15th March to 6th May 2018.

For the complete list of tour dates, head to www.disneyonice.co.uk

Stay current on the latest developments through social media by visiting:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/DisneyOnIceUK
Twitter: @DisneyOnIce #WorldsOfEnchantment
YouTube: www.youtube.com/DisneyOnIce
Instagram: @DisneyOnIce

We have been given complimentary tickets to Disney on Ice in return for this post and our honest review of the show, which will go live next week.

Friday 13 April 2018

What We're Giving Our Daughter For Her Second Birthday

I don't often do haul-style posts, but I've been sent some cute things from some lovely PR's and thought it would be a nice opportunity to show you what we're giving Connie for her second birthday in early June, later this year.

Firstly, HOW is my baby girl going to be TWO in just 8 weeks time!? Where on EARTH has that time gone? She is even big enough for pigtails now - say whaaaat??

Connie's Pigtails age 22 months

Secondly, I just wanted to say that thanks to blogging, my husband's comping addiction and our very generous friends and family we never really go too mad for our children's birthdays: preferring to spend the money on a lovely family day out somewhere exciting than on loads of 'stuff'.

We're extremely lucky that our kids get plenty of toys and clothes from friends and family for their birthdays, and over the months we also tend to build up quite a stock of gifted items from the blog, and prizes from Liam's competition winners > often these are perfect for birthday gifts for Bert and Connie, or for other children we give gifts to for their birthdays/Christmas.

This year, we've decided to give Connie Amazon's Kindle Fire for Kids tablet as her 'main present' from us. Liam actually won this in a competition before Christmas and we decided to put it away for her for when she was bigger. Bert already has a blue one, and adores it - and Connie has now got to that age where (largely because of seeing Bert playing with his) she loves to steal it from him to watch Peppa Pig or play games. I'm excited for them to have one each, and for her to be able to access the games and educational side of it with some autonomy, instead of having to pinch Bert's for five minutes every now and then.

Yellow Kindle Fire for Kids

I'm aware the age guide says 3+ but she was access hers with an adult mostly, and we always put careful parental controls in place on these devices. We already know that she understands how to use one, she's a very advanced little poppet thanks to her older brother's guidance.

Yellow Kindle Fire for Kids

I love the bright yellow colour (they didn't do this shade case when we bought Bert's, otherwise I'd have definitely chosen it for him) - it's such a bright and happy colour.

Yellow Kindle Fire Tablet for Kids

As well as loving screen-time with her beloved Peppa Pig, Connie is also a huge fan of In The Night Garden and The Twirlywoos, so I was thrilled when we were sent this gorgeous ITNG book and Twirlywoo's plush toys to feature here on the blog. Their ideal accompaniments to the Kindle gift - something to read - especially bedtime stories, which is one of her favourite times of day, and plush toys are always a hit with Connie, she can't get enough of them, especially when they are of characters she knows and loves.

In The Night Garden: Bedtime Stories from the Night Garden Book

A little about this beautiful book...

Join Iggle Piggle, Upsy Daisy and all their friends as they play hide-and-seek with the Pontipines, search for Igglepiggle's blanket and work out why Makka Pakka's trumpet is making such a funny noise! This beautifully illustrated treasury of tales is the perfect bedtime book for In The Night Garden fans.

It really is a stunning book, with such gorgeous illustrations and bright colours. I know this will be a nightly favourite for Connie, I can't wait to share it with her.

RRP - £8.99

Available from WH Smith, Foyles, Waterstones, Amazon and Hive.

In The Night Garden: Bedtime Stories from the Night Garden Book

In The Night Garden: Bedtime Stories from the Night Garden Book

We were also kindly sent these adorable little plush toys for Connie - and I just know she is going to adore them! She is a massive fan of Twirlywoos and she knows all the characters names off by heart. These will be such a sweet addition to her little haul of birthday gifts - and will probably be a favourite.

Chickadee and Chick Plush Toys - Twirlywoos

Chickedy and Chick Plush Toys

These two cute little plush toys are adorable characters
from laugh-out loud preschool sensation, Twirlywoos. With soft textured fabrics these plush toys make the perfect cuddly companion for little fans of the show. Each sold separately. Sizes vary.

RRP: £5.99

Available at: Amazon and Sainsbury’s

Chickadee and Chick Plush Toys - Twirlywoos

Finally, we picked up this giant bubble wand for Connie in our local Tesco. It is currently half price down from £2.50 to £1.25 - what a bargain!! Connie's latest obsession is bubbles (small indoor bubbles), and we're hoping in 8 weeks time we'll be lucky enough to be enjoying much nicer weather so we can enjoy blowing giant bubbles in the garden and park. They will blow her tiny mind :-) I can't wait to see her little face.

Tesco Giant Bubble Wand, Pink

With 8 weeks until the big day, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to resist picking up a few little extra bits and bobs for her, but this is certainly the bulk of her gifts from Liam and I this year.

What did you buy for your two year old's birthday?

We were kindly gifted the ITNG book and Twirlywoos Plush toys in return for featuring them on the blog.

We were lucky enough to win the Kindle for Kids Fire Tablet and we purchased the Tesco bubble wand ourselves.

Saturday 7 April 2018

What was in our March Degustabox?

Degustabox UK

It's Degustabox time again - and our March Spring/Easter box was a corker! :-)

Degustabox March Box Contents

We got a great selection of tasty bits and pieces to try - Bert was especially excited by the Milkybar/Smarties Mini Eggs by Nestle!!

So, let me introduce you to all the items we received in this months box and what we thought of them...

Degustabox March Box Contents

Canny 100% Natural Chocolate Milk £1.59

This was sent a special little extra in this month's box, for those subscribers who have answered the most monthly surveys. All Natural Chocolate Milk. Refined sugar free and gluten free (best served chilled).

This was AMAZING! We shared the one carton between myself, Liam and Connie - we all loved it. Bert had one taste and said 'blergh!' but I think that's because it has a proper deep chocolatey/cacao taste rather than sugary sweet chocolate. Really nice for a grown up version of a chocolate milkshake.

Appy Kids Co Roald Dahl Fruit Drinks - Matilda £1.29

Boasting beloved book characters Matilda, the BFG, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the wholesome Roald Dahl range encourages kids' thirst for reading whilst keeping them hydrated. Vegan Approved and low in calories, the gloriumptious drinks contain no GMOs, gluten, added sugars or artificial preservatives making them perfect for lunchboxes.

I have very strange children who refuse point blank to drink fruit juice of any kind - so we gave these juice cartons to Bert's best friend at school. I loved the Matilda design on these cartons - they would have excited me so much as a child as Matilda was my favourite book when I was small. Perfect for any Roald Dahl lovers!

Cirio Pasta Sauce £2.00

Be the first in the UK to try Cirio premium peeled plum tomatoes in two new pasta sauce recipes. Made with 100% top Italian ingredients for a genuine and tasty dish. Simply heat through until piping hot and add to cooked pasta.

We used this as a pasata for a slow cooked lamb curry dish - and it turned out perfectly. I'm a huge fan of Cirio products they always have really deep authentic flavour - a brilliant staple to have on hand in the pantry.

Shreddies Max Granola £2.59

Shreddies Max Granola is a delicious combination of crunchy oat clusters with Shreddies pieces. Made with 74% whole grain, high in fibre and a good source of protein to "maximise" your morning!

I am obsessed with breakfast. It is BY FAR my favourite meal of the day - I could easily eat breakfast for every meal...cereal is one of my faves, especially a good quality granola or a healthier cereal (I'm not a huge fan of sugary cereal) so I was delighted to unbox this. Shreddies were one of my fave as a kid, my mum used to make it for me with warm milk in the winter, soooooo comforting! This granola was absolutely delicious - so tasty that I ate it for breakfast every day for two weeks until I'd drained the whole box!

Smarties & Milkybar Mixed Mini Eggs £3.00

Smarties and Milkybar have mixed their mini eggs, perfect for sharing with all the family.

Okay, so unsurprisingly, these were Bert and Liam's top pick from the whole box - the entire bag had gone in two days!! I went to sneak a couple from the snack box after a few days and they were gone!! GREEDY BOYS!!

Mr Lee's Noodles - Hong Kong Street Beef £2.99

Mr Lee's is an award-winning range of six premium noodles in a cup, certified gluten free and low in sugar, also low in saturated fats and calories, and with absolutely no nasties! They uniquely use freeze-dried ingredients to ensure that the product locks in the nutrients and the flavour, so the beef tastes like beef, the ginger tastes like ginger, and the bamboo tastes like...well, you get the picture. Vegan options are also available.

Liam took this to work for lunch - these 'just add boiling water' style noodle cups are perfect on busy days at the office when he can only spare a few minutes for making lunch, or doesn't have time to prepare something in advance. He's been working his way through trying different premium brand noodle cups and he said this was really delicious. The meat actually tasted meaty and the broth was full of beefy flavour.

Hafervoll Flapjack Limited Lebkuchen £1.99

Hafervoll Flapjacks are the first 100% natural oat bars without added sugar, cheap stuffing or other chemical additives. Gently handmade and oven-baked, they always taste homemade.

Another bar that we shared between all four of us - we all love anything cinnamon flavoured and this was no exception! Really tasty and definitely had that homemade feel to it. I was a bit gutted to share it to be honest!

Ribena Pineapple & Passion Fruit £2.49

Ribena is excited to announce new Pineapple and Passion Fruit to its much loved squash range. This ultimate tasty treat has no added sugar and contains less than 15 calories per 250ml serving. Available to buy from March, Ribena Pineapple and Passion Fruit squash is the perfect tropical accompaniment to meal times.

Hubby is the squash drinker here at Chez Bishop, and he gives this flavour combo a big thumbs up - especially for Spring/Summer.

Tenzing Natural Energy £1.19

TENZING Natural Energy is crafted from six natural ingredients: green coffee, guarana, green tea, Himalayan rock salt, beet sugar and lemon juice. It contains just 55 calories per can and contains absolutely nothing artificial. Inspired by a traditional Himalayan Sherpa recipe!

I used to be big into energy drinks in my youth and early twenties (lots of late nights & hangovers!) I'd never think to touch them now, being much more health conscious, I would assume that they are full of sugar and lots of synthetic rubbish - however, having read up about Tenzing it seems to be completely sourced from nature. I was intrigued - it smelt much like the premium brand energy drink (rhymes with head full) but tasted very different - it was fruity and citrusy, but had a slightly sweet and salty tang. I actually really surprised myself and enjoyed it a lot.

Encona Carolina Reaper Chilli Sauce £1.49

Explore the ultimate heat and flavour combination of Encona Limited Edition Carolina Reaper Chilli Sauce. This scorching hot blend of the world's hottest chilli pepper, tomatoes and spices will challenge even the bravest of chilli lovers! Why not use in a marinade and create your own hot wing challenge or super charge soups and one-pot dishes by adding a few drops whilst cooking.

I'm a BIG chilli fan - so much so that I actually recently spent a whole day on a local chilli ranch here in Bedfordshire. On the ranch I got to see an actual Carolina Reaper chilli plant in the flesh! It still holds the record as hottest chilli in the world according to the Guinness World Records - and has an average heat level of 1,569,300 Scoville Heat Units (SHU)!!! That's flipping' hot!! Despite my love of chilli I was still cautious when tasting this sauce for the first time. I love the Encona brand and have used many of their products before, and I'm glad to say that this sauce didn't disappoint. Yes, it's hot, but it has so much flavour too! We've enjoyed it with crackers and cheese, and I can't wait to add it to one-pot dishes as Encona suggested.

The Carolina Reaper Chilli Plant at Edible Ornamentals Chilli Ranch in Bedfordshire.
The Carolina Reaper Chilli Plant at Edible Ornamentals Chilli Ranch in Bedfordshire
Encona Limited Edition Carolina Reaper Chilli Sauce

Last but by no means least, and definitely my top pick from this months Degustabx was the..

Cheestrings Snack Mix £1

Introducing Cheestring Snack Mix. A 3 in 1 after school snack, built up of 3 individual sections, we encourage you to mix it up with our 3 variants consisting of a crunchy cracker, real cheese cubes and a sweet treat! A perfect snack that meets all your snacking needs.

My kids have gone absolutely CRAZY for these snack boxes! They are so perfect for my little snackaholics, and help me as a parent feel a little less guilty about plying them with snacks in between meals.

Bert has been eating them as his after school snack, I just grab one from the fridge on the way out the door on the school run and he gets so excited peeling back the plastic and enjoying the little sections as we saunter back from school.

Connie has been eating them as part of her lunch plate - she enjoys a 'snacky' lunch plate full of lots of little bits, so these are ideal. I've had a little taste (purely for road-testing purposes, of course!) and they're really delicious!

Bert's favourite is the mini pretzels and fruity cubes flavour combo - Connie will devour any flavour she's given! Haha! I love how practical they are - you can even re-seal them after you've opened them - which is ideal for kids who lose interest in their food but then want to go back a bit later.

We love them so much that not only did we use every single voucher to pick up a free one in our box, but we've bought 4 or 5 in our weekly shop for two weeks on the trot! They will now become a regular feature in our shopping trolly.

Cheestrings Snack Mix

Cheestrings Snack Mix

Cheestrings Snack Mix

It's a huge thumbs up from The Bishop's for March's Degustabox - thanks guys, we enjoyed it a lot!