Friday, 25 May 2012

Jubilee Birthday Cake

I'm off home to visit my mum this weekend, and it's sort of become tradition that when it's a birthday at home that I'll bake a cake.

So last night I made a Jubilee inspired cake for Mum, as it was her birthday this week. And I have to say I'm really pleased with how it turned out!

It's a vanilla sponge, sandwiched with blackcurrant & strawberry jams, clotted & double cream, with a 'union jack' of fruit across the top.

It is by no means slimming (clotted cream, sugar, butter etc) BUT it does have lots of lovely fresh summer fruit, :-) so not ALL bad.

At 674 calories per 8th, I think I'll be going for just half a slice! But as a lovely birthday treat I'm sure it will go down marvellously.

I got my inspiration from the GOOD TO KNOW website...

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/534321/jubilee-cake

Love Lucy xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Lucy this is awesome!! Great job :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am entirely agreed with this article, and I just want say that this article is very helpful and enlightening. I also have some precious piece of concerned info !!!!!!Thanks
    jogos friv online
    Jogos live
    jogos friv 4 school

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cultural history of Inter-war Europe is filled with such powerful and influential interpretations of a reality that defeats the human capacity to imagine evil. Take Picasso's Guernica for instance. In June 1937, Picasso finished painting the Modernist classic in response to another April tragedy: the bombing of the Spanish city of Guernica during the civil war. It was his anguished creativity reacting to George Steer's eyewitness account of the incident.
    Jogos para crianças 2019
    360 jogos gratis
    friv online Games for kids 2019

    ReplyDelete