Sunday, 27 October 2013

Sunday Brunch... Sausage and Fennel Frittata

This lovely recipe is the perfect alternative to a fry up, and works brilliantly as a Sunday brunch meal. Serves 3 people at 368 calories per serving - considerably less than a fried breakfast!

I got this recipe from the magnificent Mr Gordon Ramsay's new day time show (the only good part of day time TV!) 'Home Cooking', where he cooks with his kids. I've adapted the recipe slightly, and have just made it for my husband and sister - it's scrummy!

Ingredients

1 onion, chopped
teaspoon of Fennel seeds
4 x low calorie sausages (such as Tesco 'Light Choices' cumberland sausages) out of their skins and torn up into small chunks.
6 medium eggs
60g grated parmesan cheese & a small amount for grating on the top
handful of fresh basil, chopped
salt & pepper

Method

1. Pre heat the grill to the highest temperature
2. Fry the onion on a medium heat with the fennel seeds until softened in a large frying pan.
3. Add the torn up sausage meat and cook until sausage pieces almost cooked through.
4. Mix the 6 eggs, add grated parmesan, chopped basil and salt/pepper and mix with a fork.
5. Pour the mixture over the sausage/onion, then use wooden spoon to mix round so all the sausage is coated in the egg mix and it is evenly distributed around the pan.
6. Cook for a few minutes on the hob, until you can lift the frittata at once edge with a spatula and it is light/golden brown underneath.
7. Grate a small amount of parmesan over the top of the frittata and then place under a hot grill until the cheese is lightly browned and the egg is cooked through.
8. Slice and serve!

just starting to cook the egg

grilled and ready to slice

yum yum - all ready for slicing up

t'ah d'ah - a lovely brunch dish.

It would be 552 calories for half the frittata if you have a bigger appetite, or fancy a breakfast/brunch treat.

Happy Sunday Brunch to my lovely readers!
Enjoy

Mrs B

xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Positive site. where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though. ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include.
    jogos friv gratis
    Jogos online
    jogos 4 school

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are exactly what I am looking for. They are informative and useful. I am able to learn more new things and knowledge. It's good if you upload articles frequently. Thank you for sharing tips and insight.
    Jogo para menina
    jogos 360 2019
    game io

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mountain is high but it's not too steep; the battle is rough, but I not too weak, and I won't turn back Oh No! I won't turn back. O the road is hard, but it's not too long, and the enemy is near, but he's not that strong, and I won't turn back; Oh No! I won't turn back.
    kizi free online Games
    free online games 2019
    friv school Games 2019

    ReplyDelete