Wednesday 5 February 2014

Perfect Valentines Gift Idea Roundup

Valentines Day is just around the corner, and I thought I'd take a peek at some of the lovely things on the market this year.

Anyone who reads my blog regularly will know I love a bit of online window shopping - looking at pretty things genuinely make me happy - so I hope this little round up brings a smile to your face too…forward the link to your menfolk if you think they might need pushing gently in the right direction :-)

MY TOP GIFT IDEAS...

Biscuiteers Love Bird 'Card'  I love the alternative 'cards' from the lovely people at Biscuiteers - a really fun way to say I Love You - edible too - extra bonus!
£9.00

Please Do Not Disturb Door Hanger by Rob Ryan - My Rob Ryan obsession continues as I lust after this very naughty & fun door hanger!
£15

I adore this wicked Lolita Tattoo Amore Wine Glass from John Lewis -teamed with a bottle of your favourite tipple wouldn't this be a fab gift?
£18

As always, I'm lusting after all things CK- I especially love this Cath Kidston Button Spot Small Leather Cross Body Bag
£75

My favourite colour option is this fab navy version - Button Spot Small Leather Cross Body Bag - Navy
£75

I'm a big fan of this archived fragrance from Laura Ashley which has been reinvented recently and is now available to buy No.1 Perfume by Laura Ashley (60ml)
£35

How cute is this Raspberry Jam Scented Candle by Laura Ashley? A perfect gift for those with a smaller budget.
£8.00

Emma Bridgewater "Pink Hearts" Small Milk Bottle Vase - I can't think of a prettier way to present your favourite few stems.
£14.95

For those who prefer a 'classic' flowers gift at Valentines why not request/suggest this Cream Pail from Next Flowers
£26

For a bright colour lover this Spring Brights Bouquet from Next Flowers is bound to liven up your Valentines
£26

What better gift than a classic love story?
I adore this Mr. Boddington's Penguin Classics version of Jane Eyre from Anthropologie
£9.99

FOR DRINK LOVERS….

For a loved one who is fond of a cocktail why not buy them this Raspberry flavoured Edinburgh Gin from John Lewis
£18

OR

(One of my personal favourites) a bottle of scrummy Chambord (Raspberry Liqueur)
£21.52

FOR THE DOMESTIC GODDESS...

For a lady who LOVES to bake this Filomena Muffin Pan from Anthropologie would be a stunning and thoughtful gift
£36

 Or this stunning Bahia Apron from Anthropologie (as seen on Kirstie Allsopp on Jamie and Jimmy's Friday Night Feast last week) I've been lusting after this for some time now (yes, I already have 14 aprons in my collection, and no, I probably don't NEED any more, but WANT…want is a different matter, isn't it girls?)
£34

FOR THE CHOCOLATE LOVER….

Hotel Chocolat Valentines Gift Bag
£19

OR
The ultimate blow out no expense spared chocolate lover's PERFECT gifts….

The Signature Cabinet from Hotel Chocolat
£168.00

For a slightly smaller blowout budget you could buy this AMAZING box of chocolate delights - I don't know a single woman (or man) who wouldn't be delighted to receive this on Valentines Day!
Large Chocolatier's Table from Hotel Chocolat
£105.00

FOR THE JEWELLERY LOVER

(her)

I love this cutesy watch by Cold Picnic from Anthropologie
£108

(him)
I love love love this Wooden Watch by E-SIDE from Not On The High Street
£105

GIFTS FOR MEN

Men are so much harder to buy for at Valentines - here's my little round up of some different and unique ideas for your man this Valentines….

For a man who likes the house tidy but stylish and spends lots of his time in the office…why not buy this stunning Copper Magazine Holder from Anthropologie.
£28

If your man is Mr Forgetful why not get him this Never Forget Wooden keyring from Not On The High Street with your anniversary date on - just in case he's likely to forget that special date!
£13.00

These are so funny…for every bacon sarnie loving man (I don't know any man whose heart can't be won by giving them lots of bacon!) these Bacon Sarnie Cufflinks from Not On The High Street are just so quirky.
£25

For an alternative kind of gift (that just keeps on giving) why not buy your man a butchery course with The Butchery Limited, based in London. With classes called "Bash the Beef" and "Punish the Pork" there will be lots of tongue-in-cheek giggles to be had on giving this gift.

Courses start from £77.50 - £190

So, thats it! I hope I've tickled your taste buds so-to-spreak with whats on the market for your loved one this year - and I hope you enjoyed reading my roundup as much as I enjoyed writing it.

This Valentines Weekend hubby and I are off to Kensington for a night in a hotel! Oh Err! I was lucky enough to win this trip on an online competition just before Christmas with Thistle Hotels. The prize includes: a bottle of prosecco on arrival, a one night stay is their super-swanky best you can get room, breakfast and a £50 shopping voucher for Westfield Shopping Centre :-) I cannot WAIT. My lovely mum is looking after the wee man so we can have an adult only weekend, and we've also booked a table at The Rib Room for dinner as an extra special treat…watch this space for a blog post all about our weekend (not every detail, you understand! ;-)

I hope you all have a loved-up Valentines, full of lots of scrumptious foods, drinks, gifts and partners :-)

Big V-Day love

Mrs B

xxxx