Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Retro 80's/90's Sweets

Today I'm reminiscing about the sweets from my childhood (80's/90's).

Sweets were such an exciting treat for me as a child, often given to me by my lovely Nanny Vera (who had the sweetest tooth EVER!) - pretty much every sweet that made my final list holds a strong memory for me.

It would be virtually impossible for me to pick my very favourite - but I think something sherbety would have to come near the top of the list.

Sherbet dip dab
Smarties
Opal fruits
Black jacks
Fruit salad
Sherbet fountain
Fudge
Double lollies
Poppets
Kola cubes
Cherry drops
Nerds
Dweebs
Drumsticks
Love hearts
Parma Violets
Pez
Refreshers
Choc dip
Tooty frooty
Jelly tots
Chomp
Freddie Frog
Fruit Polo
Fizz wiz
Flying saucer
Candy necklace
Flumps
Aniseed balls
Push pops
Lucky Charms
Hubba Bubba
Sweet ‘cigarette’ sticks
Rainbow Drops
Pineapples chunks
Dolly mixture
Chewits
Fizzy Cola Bottles
Space dust
Club
Sherbet pips
Milk bottles
Frosties
Sweet Peanuts

Which was your favourite?
Have I missed any?

Lucy

xxxx

4 comments:

  1. Sherbet Fountains were awesome but I always ran out of liquorice so would pour the remaining sherbet into a bowl - lick my finger dip it in and then link my finger - yeah I know so hygienic lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You missed off Wham bars, Bon Bons, chocolate saws and hammers, white chocolate fish and those pink shrimps, oh and that long row of coloured bubble gums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You missed Curly Wurly!!! I love them xxx Lil

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about foiled ice cup, sweet tobacco, chocolate cigarettes and Banjo chocolate bar? (made by Mars)there is a campaign on FB called Bring Back Banjo chocolate bar trying to bring it back (if anyone is interested.

    ReplyDelete