Thursday, 17 May 2012

Beautiful Lace

This is the beautiful work of Bedford-based artist Arabel Rosillo de Bias, who has created this stunning lace installation/sculpture in the windows of
Number One St Paul's Square in Bedford. It's part of the work of the Bedford Creative Arts team, who are working to continue the long-standing lace making tradition in Bedford and ensure the younger generation are able to carry on this beautiful intricate tradition.

I've been lucky enough to watch Arabel weave her magic when she was lace making at a WI 'stitch & bitch' night, and it is truly remarkable to watch, the work looks so complex and intricate!

I love walking past this building daily & admiring her beautiful work!

Lucy likes!!

Xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again
    jogos friv online
    Jogos live
    jogos friv 4 school

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carnage, genocide, hijacks, refugees, terror-attacks, ethnic conflicts are so normal these days that it would take another Bertolt Brecht, with his new age Alienation Effect to sensitize the world to the true depths of its evil. These are forms of violence inconceivable even for the most daring of the Modernist avant garde minds. Today we see art standing powerless and mute in the face of the gruesomeness of experience.
    Jogo online
    jogo 360 gratis
    games io 2019

    ReplyDelete