Saturday 12 May 2012

ANITA KLEIN - LINOCUTS EXHIBITION

What an AMAZING day!

We set out early this morning to The Menier Chocolate Factory in London to see my very favourite artist Anita Klein's new exhibition of Linocuts, I have been looking forward to this event for ages - it was an invitation-only collectors exhibition (I can call myself a collector as I do own an original print by her, which is my most prized possession in the world!) and I was not disappointed. The exhibition was amazing - the linocuts in the flesh are just insane - so so beautiful, and full of gorgeous colours and such lovely subject matter! Her work is so 'real' and everything she does makes me smile.

It was absolutely awesome to see Anita in the flesh, and listen to her really interesting talk about her process of making lino-cut prints, I feel like I can appreciate her work even more now that I understand the process and all that goes into it.
My jaw was dropping the whole way round the exhibition, and the whole experience was topped off by some lovely bucks fizz, and delicious canapés - we really were so spoilt! The only thing that could have topped it off was being able to have enough disposable income to purchase a second original piece of her art work....one day...!
Some of my favourite pieces.....
Anita Klein Linocuts Exhibition 2012
Yay, i was SO excited waiting to go in!

Summer Light by Anita Klein
Summer Light ... stunning!

'Nige Gets In My Bath' by Anita Klein
Nige Gets in my Bath (one of my very favourites!)

'Windy Day'  'Monday Morning' 'Before I Sleep' by Anita Klein
Windy Day/ Monday Morning / Before Sleep

'Catching Stars' by Anita Klein
One of my favourite from the exhibition ... Catching Stars

Anita Klein with her printer Sanju
Anita herself, talking with her printer Sanju

After the exhibition Liam and I headed down the road to Borough Market for a wander...I just so love all the gorgeous food and produce on offer at the market - I'd love to live near a market like that and be able to wander down and buy lovely fresh food every weekend! It smelt so amazing, and we had a few little sneaky tastes of some of the delicious foods on offer. :-)

Borough Market, London

Fresh produce at Borough Market, London

Fresh veg at Borough Market, London

Meringues at Borough Market, London

After Borough Market we walked to the Embankment (another of my favourite parts of London!) and had a very yummy lunch at Wagamamma - I had a big plate of Ginger Chicken Udon and a lovely side of veggies, and it was to die for! I always eat the same thing when I go to Wagamamma...what do you order?

Once we'd eaten and wandered a bit more my back had pretty much nearly given up the ghost (blooming slipped discs!) so we headed back home...after a little shopping at St Pancras International, of course! Well..it would have been rude not to! Isn't St Pancras just the most awesome train station EVER?

Oooh and when I bought a rose hand cream and berry lip balm in The Body Shop at St Pan I had a lovely surprise of being given a special promotional goodie bag - FULL of awesome freebies - when does that ever happen in real life? :-) Liam didn't believe I'd got it all for free - I had to show him the receipt!! Hehehe!

The Body Shop goodies
Body Shop Freebies!

What a lovely day we've had!

Do you guys have a favourite artist?

Have you ever visited their exhibitions?

Lucy
xxx