Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Farewell 2014...

Today is the final day of the year, and it felt appropriate for me to look back over 2014, reminisce and celebrate a truly fabulous year!

2014: An Overview

  • This year I have throughly enjoyed every single second of being a Mummy! Little Bert rocks my world. He is absolutely hilarious, and a joy to be around. Each and every day he amazes me, fills my heart with pride, and makes me feel so, so lucky to be his Mummy!

  • 2014 saw me smash my weight loss target - I have to date lost 6 stone 6 lbs in total. Although I have now surpassed my original weight loss target I now plan to move onwards and upwards downwards? for 2015 and hope to lose around another half a stone before I settle at my "maintain" weight.

  • This year I celebrated my first ever Mothers Day. It was a lovely day and my big boy and little boy spoilt me rotten! I will treasure the beautiful paper cut Bert bought me forever...

  • This summer I attended my very first (but definitely not my last) BritMums Live bloggers conference in London for the weekend. It was a truly brilliant weekend, and I'm so excited to do it all over again in 2015.

  • This year I have developed some amazing friendships from the gorgeous blogging ladies I met at BritMums Live 2014, some fab newbies at Scone Roses WI/Sconettes, to some lovely local blog readers who dropped me a line...it is always amazing to make lovely new friends and surround yourself with wonderful people.

  • This August we celebrated my gorgeous little boy Bert's FIRST birthday - it was such an amazing week of celebrations - memories that me and my family will hold on tight to forever.

  • This summer I was shocked and so honoured to win Loved By Parent's 'Blogger of the Year 2014' award, and go on a fabulous 4* luxury prize trip to Cyprus with my hubby! Amazing!

  • 2014 saw me and my blog mentioned in The Guardian Weekender magazine, as well as on their Life & Style webpage! Excitement overload.
  •  This year I was truly blessed to work with some fabulous brands such as Flora, Aldi, TOMY, Parragon Books, GTech, Sage Appliances, and Comte Cheese to name but a few!
  • In November hubby and I enjoyed a gorgeous luxury weekend break to Ox Pasture Hall Hotel in Yorkshire for a blog review. What a truly stunning and relaxing break away it was - just what the doctor ordered!

  • December saw us attend our gorgeous best friends' stunning winter wedding: what a truly beautiful day, and an amazing way to end such a brilliant year!

  • And of course - this year has been filled with many scrumptious bakes...

So, 2015...what will you have in store for The Bishop family?

I'm so excited...bring it on!

  1. Oh wow, look at all that cake!! Such a perfect year for you and I am so glad to have met you at BritMums! Happy New Year lovely x

    ReplyDelete