Sunday 11 December 2016

Dressing for Christmas with Nutmeg at Morrisons

If you're not one to embrace a good old novelty Christmas jumper, this post isn't for you - you've been warned!

Before kids, although I absolutely loved Christmas, I never really went in for novelty jumpers, hats, Christmas earrings etc...but ever since having our kids I'm really loving it.

For me, the more silly and über-festive, the better! Seeing Bert's little face light up when Liam or I sport something super Christmassy is priceless and getting dressed up all together is the best fun of all.

This is our fourth Christmas with children and we're now amassing quite the collection of Christmas-themed attire; from fair-isle jumpers to elf socks, Christmas pudding hats to Brussels sprouts boxer shorts, we wear it all at Chez Bishop!

The lovely people over at Nutmeg (the clothing range from major supermarket Morrisons) have drastically improved our festive-wear game by sending every member of our family a seasonal outfit, I can't wait to share them with you...

Connie was sent this amazing 4 piece set (retailing at just £16) which consists of a robin motif t-shirt, tartan skirt, red chunky knit cardigan and navy tights. I've genuinely not seen anything cuter for a baby girl this Christmas, and I think it is amazing value for so many pieces - each item could be worn by themselves too, making it a really useful buy. The whole baby range at Nutmeg this Christmas is fab, so do check it out.

Connie wearing baby festive outfit from Nutmeg at Morrisons
My smiley blue-eyed baby girl in her Nutmeg Christmas outfit!

Connie wearing baby festive outfit from Nutmeg at Morrisons
Oooh squidgy baby legs!!

Albert was sent a cute musical Christmas jumper from the Nutmeg children's range, and he blooming loves it - can't you just tell from the smile on his face?

Bert wearing Christmas jumper from Nutmeg at Morrisons
CHEESE!!

This jumper retails at £9, and has a cute Rudolph and Santa motif with 3D pom-pom noses, plus a Snowman, Christmas trees and a North Pole signpost on the front. When you squeeze Santa's hat it plays 'We Wish You A Merry Christmas' - which of course, Bert sees fit to demonstrate at any opportunity he can! Lol.

Bert wearing Christmas jumper from Nutmeg at Morrisons
T'ah Dah!

Liam and I were both sent festive jumpers from the adult range - mine has a huge gingerbread man on (Bert is obsessed with gingerbread men, so this jumper goes down very well with him!) and Liam's is a fair-isle style jumper, which basically looks like Christmas threw up on him! Fun times. Both the adult jumpers retail at £12.

Mrs Bishop and Bert wearing Christmas jumpers from Nutmeg at Morrisons
Aww, my cheeky gorgeous boy!

Mrs Bishop in Gingerbread Man jumper from Nutmeg at Morrisons
Gingerbread Man ladies jumper from Nutmeg at Morrisons, £12

Mr Bishop & Connie in Nutmeg Christmas outfits
Squee!! Christmas cuteness overload!

Mrs Bishop & Bert in Nutmeg Christmas Jumpers
Gimmie a kiss!!

All of the items we were sent are true to size; Connie wears 9-12m, Bert wears 3-4 years, I wear a ladies size 12, and Liam a mens medium.

If, like us, you love a good old Christmas jumper then there's still time to get to your local Morrisons and buy one before the big day. Oh, and don't forget the official Christmas Jumper Day (for Save The Children) on Friday 16th December, join in and raise loads of money for a great cause.

And, just because it was so funny, and if you can't laugh at yourself at Christmas time then when can you, I thought I'd leave you with this corker of a shot...SUCH a shame its blurry...

Mrs Bishop & Bert in Nutmeg Christmas Jumpers
Ain't that a pretty face? Tee hee.