Friday 13 September 2019

*Gifted* Disney On Ice celebrates 100 Years of Magic featuring 50 beloved Disney Characters

Hello loves!

It's been a fair old while since I've had a chance to write a blog post - life has been SO busy, working mum life is full-on to say the least, and in-truth I spend so much time doing everyone else's social media and PR with my business, that I barely have time to do my own anymore!

With that in mind, now that my youngest Connie (3) has started pre-school for three full days per week (first week this week!! HOW is she old enough?), I am hoping to find the time to pour a bit of love back into the blog, so watch this space...!

If you follow me on social media ('Mrs Bishop's Bakes and Banter Blog' on Facebook and @lucybishop2012 on Twitter and Instagram) I update those channels very frequently - so that's really the best place to keep up-to-date with all the goings on here at Chez Bishop. Fingers crossed for a few more blog updates along the way too.

Today, I'm sharing with you a preview of an exciting new show, perfect for all the family. Coming to an arena near you this autumn/winter.

Any followers of the blog will know we are HUGE Disney fans, and over the past few years I have been lucky enough to be gifted tickets to two of the Disney on Ice shows in return for featuring and reviewing them here on the blog.

We are working with Disney again this year and will be going  to their latest show 100 Years of Magic in a few weeks time!!

This year we have decided that Connie is finally old enough to join us (any age is permitted into the show, but we have previously only taken Bert, as we thought she was a little young to fully understand and enjoy it) this year we'll be bringing her along and I cannot wait to see her reaction to this epic show, she is going to be mesmerised!

So, if you'd like to know more about the latest show, read on...

DISNEY ON ICE - 100 YEARS OF MAGIC

This ultimate Disney experience will leave the whole family captivated...

Grab your Mickey ears and get ready for the celebration of the century as Disney On Ice celebrates 100 Years of Magic.

Mouse-ter of Ceremonies Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and pals take to the ice to honour the legacy of Walt Disney and welcome audiences on a magical journey through classic and modern Disney tales. Families will join the fun in an exciting opening number that salutes Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse as the original hosts of Disney On Ice.

This fanfare production features more than 50 unforgettable Disney stars, a sing-along score of melodious masterpieces, stunning choreography, beautiful costumes and intricate sets. Audiences will travel to the heart of Africa with Disney’s The Lion King, come along for an adventure in friendship with the gang from Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story, and watch in amazement as Belle breaks the Beast’s curse in the tale of Beauty & The Beast. Fans will enter the magical kingdom of Arendelle from Disney’s Frozen and journey up the North Mountain with hilarious snowman Olaf and rugged mountain-man Kristoff, as they help royal sisters Anna and Elsa discover that true love conquers all.

DISNEY ON ICE - 100 YEARS OF MAGIC - ANNA AND OLAF

“This particular production is by far the largest Disney On Ice show we currently have touring bringing together everyone’s favourite Disney characters from Snow White, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse to Elsa and Anna,” said Producer Nicole Feld. “Our vision is for audiences everywhere to dance and sing along to their favourite Disney songs, so we’ve included 30 tunes that they know and love.”

This year’s Disney On Ice production celebrates some of Disney’s most beloved characters from 14 treasured stories. Audiences will find themselves dancing out of their seats as a collection of Disney melodies like “Hakuna Matata,” “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” and “Let It Go” fills the arena.” Fans can rock out to “Turtle Rock” with Nemo, Dory, Squirt and his rambunctious turtle friends, and fall in love with a musical montage of dazzling prince and princess pairs skating to “At Last I See the Light,” “A Whole New World” and more.

DISNEY ON ICE - 100 YEARS OF MAGIC - ALADDIN

“This is a show, more than any other, which is truly for everybody,” said Producer Kenneth Feld. “When I sit with the audience, I see those that are grandparents, like I am, enjoying a lot of the classic Disney stories, while young kids and parents really respond to modern day favourites like Frozen.”

Disney On Ice celebrates 100 Years of Magic will be skating into Glasgow, Newcastle, Manchester, Birmingham, Exeter, Aberdeen, Sheffield, Nottingham, and London from the 20th September 2019 to 5th January 2020.

DISNEY ON ICE - 100 YEARS OF MAGIC - FINDING NEMO

For the complete list of tour dates, head to www.disneyonice.co.uk

Stay current on the latest developments through social media by visiting:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/DisneyOnIceUK
Twitter: @DisneyOnIce
YouTube: www.youtube.com/DisneyOnIce
Instagram: @DisneyOnIce

#100YearsofMagic #DisneyOnIce

* We have been gifted a family ticket to Disney on Ice 100 Years of Magic in return for this preview post and a review post which will follow after the show. All views and opinions are our own.* #gifted