Friday 15 May 2015

I'm Going to BritMums Live 2015...

It's that time of year again: I'm busy arranging my weekend away in London for BritMums Live 2015 in just 5 weeks time - the hottest blogging conference around, and it's set to be the best yet!

Little ol' Mrs B xx

Name

Lucy Bishop (Mrs B)

Blog:

Mrs Bishop’s Bakes and Banter

Twitter ID:

@lucybishop2012

Height

5 ft 5

Hair

Chestnut Brown

Eyes

Blue with tortoiseshell glasses!

Is this your first blogging conference?

No, I attended BritMums 2014 and I went to Blog Camp UK this year. Both were truly excellent!

Are you attending both days?

Yes, I wouldn't miss it for the world!

What are you most looking forward to at BritMums Live 2015?

Oh, so many things! I'm majorly excited that the fabulous Ella Woodward (Deliciously Ella) is one of the keynote speakers, so this will be a huge highlight for me. I'm mega excited about the social aspect of the weekend - some time off from being mummy, with the bestest girlfriends a lady can ask for (Emma, Jade, Donna). I'm sharing a hotel room with my gorgeous mate Jade (from Late for Reality) and I get to spend some more quality time with my blogging bestie Emma (from Mrs Shilts) and the lovely lady that is Donna (from What The Redhead Said). I'm looking forward to spending more time/catching up with other bloggers like Vicki (Honest Mum) who is a great friend online, and just generally enjoying whatever BML has to offer.

Oh, and THE FOOD :-) *yum*

What are you wearing?

Well, lets face it, this is me we're talking about so it's likely to involve Breton stripes! Haha. I usually try to pack something comfortable, but something I feel fab & confident in too. I'm excited to be at my smallest this year (weight wise) and hoping that will help me to feel super happy in my skin for the weekend.

As a side note - on the weight loss front I'm hoping to have reached my 10 stone weight goal by BritMums Live 2015 - it seems like a great date to aim for, and gives me 5 weeks to shift this final half stone, which is totally do-able! FINGERS CROSSED!

What do you hope to gain from BritMums Live 2015?

A fab weekend of chilling with my beautiful friends, lots of networking with fellow bloggers and brands, hearing some truly inspiring and motivational speakers and attending workshops which will make me a better blogger. Not much then!

Do you have any tips to pass on to others who may not have been before?

-Wear comfy clothes and shoes.

-Do not be afraid to talk to anyone - we are all bloggers & probably all a little nervous, you'll kick yourself if you hide in the wings, be bold, beautiful & YOU.

-Eat/drink all the deliciousness and don't feel guilty, one treat weekend won't kill you!

-Don't feel like you have to attend absolutely every scheduled workshop/talk, enjoy relaxing and chatting with friends and brands too.

-Make sure there's plenty of room in your case for the ample goody bag!

-Bring phone/camera chargers/spare batteries, you will need them.

-Bring business cards and dish them out throughout the weekend, it's all about networking don't you know!

-Make social arrangements around the conference - breakfast/dinner/drinks with friends on the Friday and Saturday, and some fun plans on the Sunday before you go home.

ENJOY EVERY MOMENT.

I cannot wait!

See you in 5 weeks (hopefully a few pounds lighter!)

I’m going to BritMums Live

* I'm still on the hunt for a sponsor for this years event, if you or anyone you know might be interested in sponsoring me for BritMums this year then please email lucybishop2012@yahoo.co.uk Thanks!*