Monday, 6 February 2012

Walking...

Walking

So, since September i've been trying to walk as much as possible! and I've been using this Nike+ App to log all my miles. Its been a real boost to use the app as it really helps me to see how much I'm achieving & how far I'm walking - when you see it in number of miles it somehow seems more real!

It's taken quite a bit of self-control and will-power, as some nights I've so badly just wanted to jump on the bus, especially when it was getting darker and colder....and don't get me wrong, sometimes I did - but most of the time I stuck to it, and it made me feel great!

I have been more tired than normal, but 'good tired' - I get home at the end of the day & feel like I've really achieved something positive. It also really helps to take away the guilt I always used encounter when ever I ate (anything!) When I know I've burnt 800+ calories (some days) I just feel so much better about eating a nice hearty dinner & knowing its not going to make me pile on the weight. Win win.

So this is my log of total miles since september....

SEPT: 74.47
OCT: 32.40
NOV: 87.77
DEC: 57.4
JAN: 83.13

I can tell that the months where there are work holidays OCT & DEC - as my 'mileage' is much less, but still...I've completed 344.9 miles in total now - and I have 276 miles left to complete before I reach the next Nike+ level on my App (you end up getting really competitive with yourself!)

My friend Josie has spurred me on loads too & given me loads of encouragement. :-) We got into this silly but fun competitive banter, and I think we both push the other on to cover more miles! She is my inspiration most def!

Also, as promised, I must mention my other friend Steph, who also gives me tons of support, she is so encouraging and positive about my weight loss, and as all good friends do - she sometimes gives me a cheeky lift down the hill from work, when I just can't walk any more! :-) hehehe.

I can't wait to get my back better and return to a routine of walking lots, and getting back to burning those calories!

Onwards and upwards!!!

Luce

xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post
    jogos friv online
    Jogos live
    jogos friv 4 school

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geesh, what an ego on this one. Sure hope he and those other Founding Fathers can put in a few clauses about women’s independence in all those documents they’re fighting about because being unable to own property or vote, and precluded by sex from 98 percent of jobs in the Colonies is really slowing down my game. I’d dump this jerk in a heartbeat if I had more options.
    Jogo 2019
    jogo 360 online
    io games for school

    ReplyDelete