Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Homemade Crisps! Yum!

A picture for you to salivate over! :-)

When cooking dinner last night I thought I'd have a go at making my own crisps! How delicious!
I used a peeler to make thin 'crisp-like' potato slices, heated up about 3-4 inches of oil in a pan & fried them in batches until golden brown & crispy. Then I drained the crisps on some absorbent kitchen towel, then coated with salt & pepper. YUM! These were soooo delicious and would be a really cool thing to do for a party, for guests coming, or even for the kids! Good at teaching them where their food comes from.

You could really play around with flavour ideas; salt, salt & pepper, a little vinegar, some dried chilli maybe, or some dried herbs - lots of ideas?

I'm not sure how long they'd keep (as they don't last long enough in our house!) but I'm sure in a sealed bag they might last a few days!

Let me know how you get on with your own crisp making.
Have a go!
Mrs B xxx

5 comments:

  1. yuuuuuuum!!! stop posting such deliciousness.... i want it but you are so farrrr awayyy!! love you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything you provide in your blog site is so superb topic I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. autoketing app shipping bar shopify Shopify free shipping bar app

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.
    jogos friv gratis 2019
    Jogos 2019
    jogos friv

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew that I'd never have to go back to the soul sucking corporate life again and I knew I could achieve that by helping others find their confidence again! That was one of my main motivating factors. Well that and working from home in my pjs
    Friv Jogos
    360 jogos gratis
    io games net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew at a young age that the nasty green shot you got at the health food store or juice bar, that was followed with an orange squad (yes, an orange wedge, but I called them squads) was good for me, but I had no idea why, the same kinda follows now, except I know a few more details about it's real health benefits, because I am genuinely interested in what it provides to my overall well-being.
    kizi Games online
    free games online 2019
    friv 2019

    ReplyDelete