Friday, 4 January 2013

Blogging Secret Santa

This Christmas I took part in an awesome bloggers secret santa - where lots of bloggers did a secret gift swap. Arranged by the lovely Vicky Higham at www.alifeofgeekery.blogspot.co.uk this was such a cool idea, and so I jumped at the chance to take part.

In late nov I was emailed by Vicki with which blogger I was to buy for. I was given the lovely Hannah from www.femgeek.co.uk  - the idea was that we were to read their blog and find out as much as possible about them - then find a gift to the value of £15 that we think they would like, wrap it, and send it off! It was so fun to find out stuff about Hannah - how she loves to drink tea, and has a passion for vintage (much like moi!) and was really awesome to discover a cool new blog!

After a lot of searching online (all my xmas shopping was either done online, or handmade, as I cant do a lot of walking with my stupid slipped disc) I found a lovely cup and saucer set, and an awesome ration book tea towel from www.giftedpenguin.co.uk  .... I really hope Hannah liked the gifts!

My lovely gift arrived and on xmas day I was so excited to open it!
I received the most beautiful Emma Bridgewater mince pie plate - its absolutely stunning and so 'me'. I will definitely be getting this out every xmas. I love Emma Bridgewater's designs, and it was so lovely to be gifted something so beautiful and well thought out.

My stunning Emma Bridgewater Mince Pie plate :-)

My thanks go to my great 'secret santa' the lovely Rachael Weaver from www.thefashionfruitcake.blogspot.co.uk. It was fun to go straight to Rachael's blog and find out a bit about her - all in all a great way to discover new blogs, and to send and receive some lovely gifts for xmas.

I hope you all had a lovely lovely xmas
and wishing all my awesome readers a very HAPPY NEW YEAR
Here's hoping 2013 will be an AMAZING year

Lucy

xxxxx

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Count me in for next year... although my contribution will def be vintage x

    http://handmadeandfound.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! thank you!!

    (your far too organised about blogging this!! I've not even edited the photos yet!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww so glad you liked your gift hannah! :-) Fab! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice - contact Vicki Higham at the blog mentioned in my post to sign up for next year :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post. You both chose so well! I'm hoping to put together a round up post soon with every one's thoughts and gifts in. Can't wait for next year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was such a great idea Vicki :-) def be doing it again next year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. See, this is why I wish I could stick to a blog for more than 2 entries! I love lurking in the blogsphere and would love to join in with things like this, but I'd need to be a blogger first!! Beautiful choice of gifts both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Lucy...loved getting to know you and your blog, you were a delight to buy for xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww thanks so much Rachael xxxx :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found that site very usefull and this survey is very cirious. I ' ve never seen a blog that demand a survey for this actions. very curious..
    jogos friv online
    Jogos live
    jogos friv 4 school

    ReplyDelete
  11. The gray rat Irving is not doing well. After visits to the vet and some antibiotics the only other course of action for his respiratory infection is a steam nebulizer treatment. Last night I put both rats in a cage and set them in the bathroom while I showered, hoping the hot, moist air would help. It did not.
    Jogo para menina
    jogo 360
    game io

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had many others with pounds lost and inches whittled, and they were not complaining about their new lifestyle. Everyone said that they “had more energy and just felt so much better”. So those of you just waiting to get started on something, tomorrow is the day! Get out and get moving.
    kizi com
    free games online 2019
    friv free Games 2019

    ReplyDelete