Saturday 25 February 2017

Perfect Fluffy Pancake Recipe

    THE BEST PANCAKES IN THE WORLD, EVER!

    These bad boys are totally fool proof and will leave you with better than shop bought, uber-thick, fluffy pancakes that dreams are made of...

Why not ^ Pin This ^ for later

YOU WILL NEED:

  • 6 Eggs
  • 230g Plain Flour
  • 2 tsps Baking Powder
  • 280ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
  • 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
  • 2 pinches Salt
  • Knob of butter or spray oil to cook

  • METHOD:
1. Separate the egg whites from the yolks and place in two separate bowls.

2. Whisk egg whites with salt until it has formed stiff peaks (I use my Kitchen Aid stand mixer to save time).

3. In the other bowl, add sifted flour to the egg yolks, followed by baking powder, milk and vanilla extract. Beat together until mixed well.

4. Fold the egg white mixture into the bowl, being careful not to knock out too much air so it stays fluffy and light. A metal spoon is best for this.

5. Using a ladle, spoon the mixture into a non-stick frying pan on a medium to low heat. If you have a good non-stick pan you won't need to use butter or oil. If you're worried a tiny knob of butter or spray oil will work well to stop any sticking.

6. After a couple of minutes you'll notice little bubbles popping to the surface of the pancake - that means it's time to flip the pancake. Use a plastic spatula to loosen the pancake underneath from the pan before flipping it over. The pancakes should be an even golden colour. I normally keep them warm on a plate in a low oven until I've cooked them all, and then serve them in giant stacks with plenty of topping options!

Each pancake comes in at 129 calories and you should make 10 with this quantity of ingredients.

The best pancakes you'll ever make.

Fluffy pancakes with creme fraiche, strawberries and honey

My favourite toppings include...
  • Sweetened creme fraiche (add icing sugar and the seeds from a vanilla pod to taste) and fresh strawberries with honey drizzle
  • Nutella and chopped banana
  • Freshly squeezed lemon juice with granulated sugar
  • Maple syrup and streaky bacon
  • Lotus Biscoff Spread and banana with a sprinkle of chocolate chips
  • Greek yoghurt and a selection of fresh berries with a honey drizzle

Have a go this #PancakeDay and be sure to share your #FluffyPancake pictures with the world!

If you use this recipe I'd love to see your results!