Monday 11 March 2013

Mothers Day Weekend xxx

So this weekend I got some time at home in Surrey with my lovely family. I love going back to visit and always have fun catching up with my family members.

A bit of Pampering...

On Saturday, my lovely cousin Michelle opened her new Nail salon called The Nail Boutique, in a little town called Reigate, in Surrey. The salon is absolutely stunning, a perfect place to relax and be pampered. They offer manicure, pedicure (in luxury pedicure massage chairs), paint, shellac, gel colour and bespoke nail art. I was lucky enough to be treated to a gorgeous sparkly manicure, with a gorgeous apple-sceneted moisturiser - and a good catch up with my lovely cousins who work there. Please, if you're a surrey local pop in (Lesbourne Road, Reigate) and treat yourself!

My Sparkly Manicure courtesy of The Nail Boutique, Reigate.

Vintage Shopping...

After a pamper at the salon, my mum spotted a vintage gem in a little vintage yard called The Old Bakery on Lesbourne Road, Reigate....a STUNNING 1920's original high-chair! Mum took me to see it, and I fell in love with it - all it needs is a rub down and a lick of paint & it will be stunning in our vintage-style dining room. Mumsy treated me and I'm excited to give it a make over & make it perfect for Baby Bishop!

A Little Light Baking...

On Saturday night my lovely twin sister Jojo needed some baking assistance - she had been asked to take some savoury nibbles to a party and fancied making something herself, so she asked my advice for something quick, easy and tasty to bake. I suggested classic parmiers - with a cheesy marmite filling.
Classic parmiers are sweet, using nibbed sugar, but I prefer these savoury alternatives.

Cheese & Marmite Parmiers

Ingredients:
Puff pastry sheets
Mature Cheddar, grated
Marmite
egg, beaten for egg-wash

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Cut sheet of puff pastry in half long ways.
3. Spread each half with marmite (as little or as much you like).
4. Sprinkle whole sheet with grated cheddar.
5. Roll sheet in from both sides, until it meets with two circles in the centre.
6. Brush the sausage with beaten egg to help it go golden brown when baking.
7. Slice the pastry sausage into about 1cm thin pieces, and lay each piece flat on baking tray.
8. Bake for 12-15 mins until golden brown and leave to cool on a wire rack.

Jojo spreading on the marmite with her fingers - messy!

sprinkling on the grated cheese

the rolled up sausage

out of the oven

cooling on the wire rack

all cooled and ready to eat. Half baked with marmite, half without.

Lovely Lunch...

On Sunday (Mothering Sunday/Mothers Day) I took mum for lunch to Cafe Rouge in Reigate, Surrey with my twin sister Jojo, my little brother Reg, my auntie Sandra, my lovely cousin Michelle, her beautiful baby boy Paris, and her Mother-in-Law Sheila. We had a really lovely time - great food, great company, baby cuddles and laughter - perfect! Most importantly, Mumsy had a great time & enjoyed being spoiled by her kids. Job done!

Some of my lovely family....
 baby Paris, eating the menu
my twin sister and baby (not-so-baby) brother

me and my lovely mumsy

sleeping angel - baby Paris

just woken up....what a cutie!

This wouldn't be a Lucy blog post without some pictures of the foods we ate!

Some of the yummy food from Cafe Rouge's Mother's Day Menu...

French onion soup

smoked salmon and creme fraiche with rye bread

creme brûlée

chocolate fondant

tarte tatin

:-)

It's exciting to think that next Mother's Day I'll have a baby of my own!

Did you all have a lovely weekend? Did you do something special for your mum? Or did your children spoil you? I'd love to hear what you got up to.

Big hugs

Mrs Bishop

xxxx